• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Doomfist unveiled (Melee-heavy Offense hero)

Wamb0wneD

Really satisfying character to play with different combo's of abilities you can use for different situations.

What I don't like is his left click, you can actually be at a point where you can't attack someone because you have no abilities and have used up your 4 gun "charges" so keep waiting for the energy to charge up.
I hope they change that a little, is it any different from reloading? A little, but I don't think any character should ever be in a position to have no fight mechanic in those instances where a few seconds matter.

You can avoid that by simply better timing your cooldowns and not spamming them asap. Just use them when you're out of ammo to either finish someone off or get away to reload. if you first shoot the whole left klick ammo and then use all your abilities to engage someone you are as good as dead.

CSJ

You can avoid that by simply better timing your cooldowns and not spamming them asap. Just use them when you're out of ammo to either finish someone off or get away to reload. if you first shoot the whole left klick ammo and then use all your abilities to engage someone you are as good as dead.

Doesn't help when you've used them and someone else turns up.
Simple.

Doomfist seems fun but every PTR match starts with someone instantly picking and locking him and then proceeding to die ten times in two minutes without switching.

Well that's the point of PTR honestly.

You can try playing no limits if you want to mess more with him, not everyone picks doomfist and honestly having a lucio tag along speeds him up so much it's funny.

Doesn't help when you've used them and someone else turns up.
Simple.

It's part of doomfists balance, manage all his resources.

LiK

Well that's the point of PTR honestly.

You can try playing no limits if you want to mess more with him, not everyone picks doomfist and honestly having a lucio tag along speeds him up so much it's funny.

Yea, just do No Limits and mess around there. People tend to start switching up heroes when they wanna see what can counter Doomfist.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heh as a 'come at the king you best not miss' line
p0QHO.gif

I played about 4 hours of no limits last night solely playing Doomfist. Think I got a pretty good feel for him and really enjoy the play style. Great new character.

Silexx

Yea, just do No Limits and mess around there. People tend to start switching up heroes when they wanna see what can counter Doomfist.

It's funny because last night, I was playing No Limits to test out counters to Doomfist and the some on the other team started whining because I was dropping them with my McRee, saying I was 'playing too seriously'.

TheYanger

It's funny because last night, I was playing No Limits to test out counters to Doomfist and the some on the other team started whining because I was dropping them with my McRee, saying I was 'playing too seriously'.

Weird to bitch about Mcree, but it IS pretty annoying when you go on the ptr and get people going like triple pharmercy, like...what's the point? If you want to ACTUALLY 'test' what it's like to fight vs doomfist in a real game, quick play is the best answer. Intentionally trying to stomp PTR no limit by picking hard counters is pretty ridiculous, since most people are picking no limit to play doomfist (since in QP you better have the fastest SSD if you want him), it's basically just discouraging people from playing on the ptr at all to do stuff like that.

Like I don't have to log into the game at all to figure out that Sombra and Pharah are both good doomfist counters, let alone to try and fight 6 doomfists as one since that will literally never happen on live IE: it's not informative in any capacity for anyone, and you get no reward for doing so.

People who were one offs playing McCree or Sombra or Pharah weren't an issue. It was the four lock of Torbs or the people with a five lock using real team combinations that got sort of annoying. I was playing Doomfist and even when we were winning I'd stop and let people take capture points just to make the matches longer so we all got more time in practicing with Doomfist. People who were taking it super cereal got a bit annoying.

Silexx

Weird to bitch about Mcree, but it IS pretty annoying when you go on the ptr and get people going like triple pharmercy, like...what's the point? If you want to ACTUALLY 'test' what it's like to fight vs doomfist in a real game, quick play is the best answer. Intentionally trying to stomp PTR no limit by picking hard counters is pretty ridiculous, since most people are picking no limit to play doomfist (since in QP you better have the fastest SSD if you want him), it's basically just discouraging people from playing on the ptr at all to do stuff like that.

Like I don't have to log into the game at all to figure out that Sombra and Pharah are both good doomfist counters, let alone to try and fight 6 doomfists as one since that will literally never happen on live IE: it's not informative in any capacity for anyone, and you get no reward for doing so.

Blizz made an actual arcade where you can play with nothing but Doomfists. I used No Limits to test out some counters because I knew I would get better chances to duel one rather than play QP and having to specifically seek the lone Doomfist on the other team.

Now, I agree that this testing is going to be limited in scope, the next step would be actually go in QP and try out some live scenarios, this is kinda the point of trying out all these different modes to get a better feel of the character.

People who were one offs playing McCree or Sombra or Pharah weren't an issue. It was the four lock of Torbs or the people with a five lock using real team combinations that got sort of annoying. I was playing Doomfist and even when we were winning I'd stop and let people take capture points just to make the matches longer so we all got more time in practicing with Doomfist. People who were taking it super cereal got a bit annoying.

Yeah, I agree. The match I was playing in had five Doomfists and a Lucio on the other side, whereas my team was 4 Doomfists, myself as McRee and a Junkrat. So it wasn't like a griefing scenario.

TheYanger

Blizz made an actual arcade where you can play with nothing but Doomfists. I used No Limits to test out some counters because I knew I would get better chances to duel one rather than play QP and having to specifically seek the lone Doomfist on the other team.

Now, I agree that this testing is going to be limited in scope, the next step would be actually go in QP and try out some live scenarios, this is kinda the point of trying out all these different modes to get a better feel of the character.

Yeah, I agree. The match I was playing in had five Doomfists and a Lucio on the other side, whereas my team was 4 Doomfists, myself as McRee and a Junkrat. So it wasn't like a griefing scenario.

The Doomfist only mode is 6v6 elim. It's not even close to the same thing. And there's still no realistic scenario where trying to pick Pharah into a team of 6 doomfists is anything relevant to the live game, period. You're not going to get a '1v1' there any more than you are in quick play. One person doing it doesn't ruin the game, but it is silly. The problem is you get 3-4 or even 6 people doing it and it basically ruins the entire point. There is literally nothing to learn from it.

The Doomfist only mode is 6v6 elim. It's not even close to the same thing. And there's still no realistic scenario where trying to pick Pharah into a team of 6 doomfists is anything relevant to the live game, period. You're not going to get a '1v1' there any more than you are in quick play. One person doing it doesn't ruin the game, but it is silly. The problem is you get 3-4 or even 6 people doing it and it basically ruins the entire point. There is literally nothing to learn from it.

Actually I liked the one offs who did it because it gave me practice as Doomfist fighting people who were not doomfist. Particularly liked Sombra and McCree users. The amount of Sombra's I faced and was partially successful against have me convinced she's a worse counter than Pharah or McCree actually. McCree mostly because Doomfist has a gigantic head hitbox.

Kane1345

He's so insanely fun even with the rocket punch nerf. I love his mobility and power, suits my play style exactly. Can't wait till he's on the live version.

Enemies getting slammed against walls seems to be more consistent after the patch too.

KHlover

Banned
Also noticed that in a lot of my matches. Some people need to chill.

wipeout364

Looking forward to a tuxedo skin, or a talon combat suit or pretty much anything that covers his torso and feet.
Yeah I really dislike this design, not that it matters to anybody, but he doesn't fit with the look of his team and besides that I feel like he should be armored if he is a close quarters character it just seems kind of stupid to run into a firefight bare chested with no shoes; call me crazy. This should have been an unlockable skin not his main. He should being wearing protection like Reinhardt.

I haven't been playing lately since I felt blizzard got too greedy and kind of soured me on the game with their crate bullshit so I haven't tried him but maybe I'll log in and play a few rounds.

Top Bottom