• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch has developed quite a fan art following....

The voice of Static & John Stewart? That's awesome!

Had to google both of those (mainly to figure out if I had slipped into some bizarro world where John Stewart of the daily show was voiced by Phil Lamar). I'd have thought most people relate him to Samurai Jack or Hermes Conrad.

overwatch_dance_of_the_dragons_by_lifelessmech-da5kv8w.png

Source

Look at how good of parents they are! *hmrph*
Look at these shit parents feeding their kids absolute garbage food.

Let a real parent take over.

Meh. It doesn't even work since D.va is the adopted daughter of Soldier 76. All I see there is PROPAGANDA.

This is real:

And other art in this thread. ;)

There's just no history between Pharah and Mercy. Their Ship is made out of the paperthin: "We both have wings."
Can this be real lore ?

mollipen

Meh. It doesn't even work since D.va is the adopted daughter of Soldier 76. All I see there is PROPAGANDA.

That's certainly a word that Soldier 76 fans are familiar with.

And I'd show you all of the Pharmercy proof, but... uhh... alotofitisverynotsafetolink.

mollipen

Also, this is reported to be the first Gremlin D.Va / Soldier 76 pairing to hit the internet. FATHER HUH

Edit: Thank you for helping to prove me right orthodoxy1095. That's very kind of you.

59f.png

Also, this is reported to be the first Gremlin D.Va/Soldier 76 pairing to hit the internet. FATHER HUH

Edit: Thank you for helping to prove me right orthodoxy1095. That's very kind of you.

59f.png
Look, the first one to realize that he was parent material. And we soon realized that he was more of a dad than a grandpa
Pharah/Mercy, Mercy/76...

Pfft.

There's only one Mercy ship I subscribe to!

fq0X3XW.jpg

iBixBOV.png
Ok, I support this one too.

Dad Reinhardt is a top-tier idea.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The weirdest part about this Dad 76 thing is kid D.Va.

Honestly I thought people would just make 76 the grumpy old timer, which is funny on itself, but the dad 76 images has some really sweet ones like the "not my dad". Who knew people would go there.

I also lold at the shipping wars that formed around my comment.

Mercy is really popular to pair with apparently. No one wants Mei.

mollipen

Kalentan

No way. You've got the more feminine Mercy who excels at healing, and you've got the tougher-looking Pharah who excels at hurting. They're a good contrast to one another.

Meh, honestly I just don't see it. I like Soldier 76 and Mercy cause there is actual history and stuff there.

mollipen

Meh, honestly I just don't see it. I like Soldier 76 and Mercy cause there is actual history and stuff there.

What is that "history", thought? I've seen a few mentions of them being teammates earlier in the game's history, but nothing about any kind of relationship. And hey, people having history isn't a hard-and-fast rule that they have to always be together.

Kalentan

What is that "history", thought? I've seen a few mentions of them being teammates earlier in the game's history, but nothing about any kind of relationship. And hey, people having history isn't a hard-and-fast rule that they have to always be together.

Eh, it's just we know they've worked together in Overwatch during the time before it's downfall (and with Pharah's mothers.) And to me- knowing that Pharah has mother issues kind of makes me think that she wouldn't exactly be the best person to be in a mother role at the moment (maybe that will change, I'm still betting Sombra being Pharah's mother.)

Plus I will admit I do think it's sort of fitting to have "Momma Mercy" and "Dad 76" be together. Just like how we have "Grandpa Reinhardt/Trobjorn" and "Uncle Reaper."

no its cause then they're not gay
/s

I know your being sarcastic, but really? Like was that needed at all?

More superior Dad 76 art. Some of these were probably posted, so apologies for that.

In one of those, they said: "Agent 76" and that isn't the first time I've seen or heard that. Why is it that people do that? I've even caught myself accidently saying it if others in my party chat had.

Eh, it's just we know they've worked together in Overwatch during the time before it's downfall (and with Pharah's mothers.) And to me- knowing that Pharah has mother issues kind of makes me think that she wouldn't exactly be the best person to be in a mother role at the moment (maybe that will change, I'm still betting Sombra being Pharah's mother.)

I know your being sarcastic, but really? Like was that needed at all?
She was also notably involved in trying to bridge the gap that grew 76 and Reaper, so she knew him pretty well. She wasn't just another face in the big Overwatch crew.

Overall, the pairing is just more amusing because they actually seem like two parentish figures. Reinhardt works too, but he's probably more of the gramps of the crew.

Kalentan

She was also notably involved in trying to bridge the gap that grew 76 and Reaper, so she knew him pretty well. She wasn't just another face in the big Overwatch crew.

Overall, the pairing is just more amusing because they actually seem like two parentish figures. Reinhardt works too, but he's probably more of the gramps of the crew.

Honestly I got to say I think the reason why I like Dad 76 so much is that it kind of plays against the "trope" that his character fills. Since you expect him to be this gruff no-nonsense soldier but then you look at all the fan stuff and it protrays him as an overbearing, "dad-joke" person. I love that.

Also funfact, type in "Gremlin" into google. The third auto complete option is Gremlin D.va.

If blizzard ever expands on the characters though I do hope they at the least keep the dad figure aspect in there.

Like they might not be able to make him dad jokes and lovey dovey, but we already saw in his short that he's tough love tsundere dad.

Honestly I got to say I think the reason why I like Dad 76 so much is that it kind of plays against the "trope" that his character fills. Since you expect him to be this gruff no-nonsense soldier but then you look at all the fan stuff and it protrays him as an overbearing, "dad-joke" person. I love that.

Also funfact, type in "Gremlin" into google. The third auto complete option is Gremlin D.va.
That's true. I love the idea of a no-nonsense soldier trying to be a no-nonsense Dad with a heart of gold.

I think the Soldier 76 short also helped push the dad narrative when he saved the kid. I mean obviously, he was going to save her, but the choice of writing the story about a young girl really pushed the "soft-spot Dad" idea.

In regards to the gremlin thing, that's awesome lol.
If blizzard ever expands on the characters though I do hope they at the least keep the dad figure aspect in there.

Like they might not be able to make him dad jokes and lovey dovey, but we already saw in his short that he's tough love tsundere dad.
Exactly!

We all could use some more tsundere dads in our lives.
In one of those, they said: "Agent 76" and that isn't the first time I've seen or heard that. Why is it that people do that? I've even caught myself accidently saying it if others in my party chat had.
Haha, didn't notice that. I think I've said it too.

I guess the label "Soldier 76" sounds awkward, and we're just substituting in something more clean sounding "Agent [insert number]," like Agent 13 in Marvel (Sharon Carter). I think some stories of James Bond have actually called him straight-up "Agent 007."

Top Bottom