• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Played a comp match on Hanumara this morning. We capped point B on attack with over six minutes left on the clock. I've never seen such a thing.

Easily the most one-sided match I've ever had.

#truestoriesfromlowgold

KyleCross

I just got kicked from a comp game with an unable to connect to PSN message. My internet didn't go out, it was a PSN problem. It was at the character select screen so I couldn't rejoin the match as it got cancelled. Still lost the SR and got the leaver penalty tho!

Blizzard needs to stop being lazy and rethink their stupid disconnect policy.

Anne

I like how Junkrat as a character is still kinda meh, but he's broke because they turned his ult into a tactical nuke without realistic counterplay.

Nepenthe

To be fair, I've countered new Junky's ult with a well placed sound barrier before. However, that requires me gaining ult at the rate he does all the time, or saving it just for him, which is lol.

The other way I counter it is by just running away, because it seems no matter how many of my team mates are bunched up, Junkrats apparently have something to prove by blowing up a fleeing Lucio.

All of my teams are welcome for my sacrifice, btw.

Pooya

the problem with junkrat is that it takes no skill...

he needs a damage nerf. Should be a spam/pressure character not best DPS.

LiK

the problem with junkrat is that it takes no skill...

he needs a damage nerf. Should be a spam/pressure character not best DPS.

pls, every hero requires some degree of skill. seen plenty of awful Junk players who dunno how to play him effectively and get no kills.

Junkrat I don't find to be an issue with the DPS he has. It's annoying as hell how quiet his tire is and how fast it goes. Eeergh. I think a better change, at least something maybe a little bit better for the Junkrat mains, is having vulnerability on rip tire startup. So it doesn't immediately get picked by a Pharah rocket or something like that.

pizzacat

Banned
Once you reach gm you become god king at this game and the broken instances of it don't affect you at all, that's why gms are actually the least vocal about this game duh

Gorillaz

Once you reach gm you become god king at this game and the broken instances of it don't affect you at all, that's why gms are actually the least vocal about this game duh

it's like watching The Warriors throw 3s all day. Your probably thinking more about what your going to eat that night then the fact your feeding. Obviously.

Cth

Played a comp game yesterday and had a teammate leave the match early.

Ended up killing half the opposing team, only to have Mercy rez everyone..

.. only to wipe them all out again and getting a Teamkill :D

Love the double mines for JR, definitely helps with the mobility for the character.

you know sometimes i wish blizz adjust how long before the match can end when someone leaves. team chat sounds great. sound well coordinated. pick off one of the guys from the other team within 10 second of match. they decide to leave. match ends.

pizzacat

Banned
Can confirm.
I can't

CYjKb8yWMAAP9KO.jpg

Veelk

Banned
So looks like Mercy and DVa rework is coming out tomorrow. Yes please. I hate team rezzes with a passion.

As excited as I am for the D.Va rework, I am a bit worried about how much of a game changes this will be overall. Now, a LOT more damage is going to be going through. With more damage comes more ult charge.

This might ultimately be a good thing, but if Junkrat spam and the such is a headache now, wait until D.Va can't eat it up anymore. Then again, conversely, Junkrat will not have as much protection keeping him alive, so maybe it evens out.

LiK

As excited as I am for the D.Va rework, I am a bit worried about how much of a game changes this will be overall. Now, a LOT more damage is going to be going through. With more damage comes more ult charge.

This might ultimately be a good thing, but if Junkrat spam and the such is a headache now, wait until D.Va can't eat it up anymore. Then again, conversely, Junkrat will not have as much protection keeping him alive, so maybe it evens out.

I haven't kept up with the updates but I assume his Riptire nerf will go through too so it won't be flying like crazy anymore.

Anne

Like I haven't played in awhile and first saw the new Riptire not too long ago. I legit thought it was actually sped up for giggles at first. I'm honestly confused how that made it into the game/

LiK

Like I haven't played in awhile and first saw the new Riptire not too long ago. I legit thought it was actually sped up for giggles at first. I'm honestly confused how that made it into the game/

Yea, tbh, I didn't care much for any changes to his Ult. I was happy with the extra mine alone. Not sure what Blizz was thinking in buffing his Ult and not understanding the consequences.

Managed a 7 minute hold with only 1 tick to give on the first point on Volskaya.

I don't think I have ever felt more hyped playing this game in ages. I'm in love with post buff Orissa

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had this play as Zen where I charge shot baby Dva before she got into Mech, charge shot Genji head on at the end of his deflect, taking a little damage, but killing him followed by popping my ult right after and then killing the Ana which helped us huge in staggering the enemy and winning the second point of Hanamura basically, no POTG and none of that even showed up in my highlights...

Omfg I am soloQing and I feel like I'm going up against these insane coordinated random teams and we're a bunch of morons.

I'd say as a Solo Queue main that one in about every 6 matches this season feels like an actual good match.

Most of the time it's whoever tilts / throws first and sometimes people tilt right from the start.

The first week of the Junkrat patch people would call me out for switching to Rat on KotH and wouldn't shut up even if I was on fire the whole round.

The thing I hate hearing the most in this game is, "I'm gonna go Widow and see if I can get a couple quick picks."

BRUH.

This kills me every time.

"Guys I'll go Widow at start then switch to support, I promise."

You couldn't even kill a Zenyatta with Mercy Damage Boost...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Super smart Widow staying on Widow even though Genji and Zen are wrecking your whole shit and you aren't getting any picks so we're 5v6 the whole round.

Idk why ppl are obsessed with saying that being a tank or healer is "asswiping"

I know it's shocking but some people actually like supporting their teammates 🤔

Top Bottom