• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

antitrop

I hate how this game is becoming more DPS-centric. Mercy is now a DPS with her ult, flying around and shooting people. Dva's changes make her more of a DPS and less of a damage sponge. The other team can focus Dva and she is dead almost immediately now.
Why would you take out your pistol when you can chain damage boost the entire team?

Veelk

Banned
Seems like people will need to get used to it. It'll be interesting to see how well she does after going live.

In my limited experience, it's pretty fun to dive and punish out of place supports, and DM can still play a vital role if used correctly (I made a game winning play with it yesterday), but both are too weak to be the main thrust of the character now. Which is to say, I can tell you what you should do situationally, but I don't know what to say about D.Va's fundamental purpose now.

LiK

In my limited experience, it's pretty fun to dive and punish out of place supports, and DM can still play a vital role if used correctly (I made a game winning play with it yesterday), but both are too weak to be the main thrust of the character now. Which is to say, I can tell you what you should do situationally, but I don't know what to say about D.Va's fundamental purpose now.

Been looking around and people seem confused with her role now. You guys seen her much in Comp?

Am I wrong?

Mercy feels better than before and a must pick over all other healers

She can still revive people like a madwoman, especially with the 1, 2 combo off the ultimate.

And how does her ult not overlap with Zens?

Pooya

How do I become a Tracer god? Seems like I feed with her more than with Hog

Go and play her in FFA. Best place to practice Tracer. I used to suck at throwing and sticking pulse bombs from range, it really improved my prediction skills when you get to do it over and over again very quickly. You can't do that in real games or against bots. Real players are best practice bots.

BigDug13

Am I wrong?

She can still revive people like a madwoman, especially with the 1, 2 combo off the ultimate.

Her ult can be Zen's, but only 20% as strong. Her ult can be Orisa's, but only 60% as strong. Her ult can be like a flying Genji's but with an infinite pistol instead of a sword.

Guess which one is the most fun to go with.

caesar

Banned
Am I wrong?

Yeah she is a must pick, team who doesn't have her loses to tempo.

^Her ult is nothing like genjis and you should still never use the pistol.

BigDug13

Yeah she is a must pick, team who doesn't have her loses to tempo.

^Her ult is nothing like genjis and you should still never use the pistol.

I was exaggerating, but she is definitely dangerous during her ult and can wipe quite a few squishies. You get it for 20 seconds, so it's not like you have to hold healing left click for the whole 20. She's actually super good at killing pharah during that time.

Been looking around and people seem confused with her role now. You guys seen her much in Comp?

I've been playing her as a 1v1 bully, going at anyone off on their own.
They start to cluster more and then your Zarya or Rein can combo-ult with you and wreck shop. She can put out a shocking amount of damage if you can boost in from an angle.

Downside is her peel isn't great anymore, and, with all the new Mercys, Zen is getting murdered by divers and there's nothing I can do about it. Maybe when the Mercy picks calm down, Lucio can team with Zen and speed him away to make up for the shorter DM?

Veelk

Banned
After 4 games with 4 loses, I can confirm that mercy is still less of a deciding factor for a lost game than stupid fuck witted teammates.

Anne

D.Va's new role is to do the same shit as before, except she can very possibly kill whoever she decides to stick on now.

Before you flew at somebody and held down DM to make them useless. Now you fly at them and kill them.

That's really it. You have to actually make a choice with DM now whether or not to use it to chase down that kill or hold it for ult.

LiK

D.Va's new role is to do the same shit as before, except she can very possibly kill whoever she decides to stick on now.

Before you flew at somebody and held down DM to make them useless. Now you fly at them and kill them.

That's really it. You have to actually make a choice with DM now whether or not to use it to chase down that kill or hold it for ult.

Sounds like my playstyle. *nods*

Blues1990

I 100% condone this behavior.

Poor becca.

I can spare the SR.

Oh, brother.

I understand the frustration with one tricks, but why wouldn't you respect a player who's willing to fill an essential roll that most players have no interest in playing? I'll never not encourage someone to throw just because they didn't get a hero they are most comfortable playing with. (If someone is more comfortable with Reinhardt and Zarya, but cannot play D.Va, then I won't force them to play D.Va if they don't know how to play the character.)

But at the same time, I have seen other players creating conflict for no reason other than to look at their stats, seeing they have X Hours/Win Percentage on a hero, and spite them. Giving them 'a taste of their own medicine' does nothing but help the enemy team gain a win and you contributing to the loss.

What am I seeing here

In the original stream, Becca asked to play Mercy from the beginning and Moon says,'only if you say "I am literally incapable of contributing in any other way than holding down left and right click"' - which is a gross oversimplification of what you have to do to play Mercy.

And I get some players are incapable of flexing, but I've seen this rediculous behaviour in my comp games and I would rather work with that player than to be a jerk and heckle the shit out of them.

fhqwhgads

Mercy is super fun right now. Still getting used to things but the joy I felt when I chased a Widow away from her sniper perch by flying over and peppering her with shots was amazing. Only downside is it means I've been getting a loooot of people insta locking Mercy and trying to play her like a DPS. Someone with a four star border playing her who never damaged boosted and kept rezzing people when the entire enemy team was surrounding them was quite a sight to see. Even more so when they tried to keep going super aggressive with their pistol when they weren't even using their ult. Think they read the patch notes wrong and thought their gun was buffed up all the time.

Anne

In the original stream, Becca asked to play Mercy from the beginning and Moon says,'only if you say "I am literally incapable of contributing in any other way than holding down left and right click"'

Holy shit I am dying laughing right now. That just makes this 100x better.

Veelk

Banned
I had a game like that earlier, but I was just like fuck it, swapped off to soldier and carried.

Yeah, I spoke too soon on that last game. While I was typing out that last post during the select screen, a one trick took her mercy away from me, and I just decided to go tracer instead. We somehow held the Dorado cart on the first check point as a result.

The wonders of Overwatch.

hypernima

Banned
Oh, brother.

I understand the frustration with one tricks, but why wouldn't you respect a player who's willing to fill an essential roll that most players have no interest in playing? I'll never not encourage someone to throw just because they didn't get a hero they are most comfortable playing with. (If someone is more comfortable with Reinhardt and Zarya, but cannot play D.Va, then I won't force them to play D.Va if they don't know how to play the character.)

But at the same time, I have seen other players creating conflict for no reason other than to look at their stats, seeing they have X Hours/Win Percentage on a hero, and spite them. Giving them 'a taste of their own medicine' does nothing but help the enemy team gain a win and you contributing to the loss.

In the original stream, Becca asked to play Mercy from the beginning and Moon says,'only if you say "I am literally incapable of contributing in any other way than holding down left and right click"' - which is a gross oversimplification of what you have to do to play Mercy.

And I get some players are incapable of flexing, but I've seen this rediculous behaviour in my comp games and I would rather work with that player than to be a jerk and heckle the shit out of them.

If you don't take the role, eventually you'll get a game where two people play that same role. Then what do you do? I mean even Stevo flexes to Zen these days.

You need to learn how to flex by some means. And this isn't just for Support OTP, this is for Tank OTPs and DPS OTPs too.

Eyeron

Loving Mercy now. Lots of people were bitching about her in QP last night, claiming that she’s more vulnerable. Maybe my expectations were low but I had several amazing rounds with her. I flew up and wiped out 3 squishies behind a Rein shield, landed, rezzed our tank and chain healed 3 teammates. Felt so good.

I can easily see LH, LW Blue, and Envyus just stomping everyone except for each other. There's a huge gap between them and everyone else listed.

I wonder if Shanghai is any good?

Most of those teams don't even have players yet so I wouldn't speak too soon. I'd also include Misfits in that group with how much they are dominating EU Contenders right now.

Lunatic Hai has lost twice this season to teams people thought were much worse. It's going to be better than you think as far as parity goes.

Lol what

The problem with the game in the previous patch was nothing dying because of Dva.

Mercy shooting what? She was a heal bot before. This is a good change.

Dva was a DM bot. She was boring to play. Go ask any Dva main who isn't bronze like you and they will tell you Dva is more fun now.

And lol what? How do you die with 600hp with armor and DM? Of course you will die if you get focused; that is the point of the game: you create space, focus priority targets or out of position people like you, and win dps race.
lol at thinking I'm bronze. I steadily climbed solo from low bronze to plat the last 2 seasons. Dva is one of my top 3 most played characters in comp. My highest win percentage is with dva.

The new dva is more fun to play...as a DPS. Which is my point. She's less useful as an actual tank. If I wanted to get go DPS crazy why play dva at all? I'll just play genji or soldier.

Blizzard please fix this so Mercy can go back to being the character people don't want to play and I don't have to fight for her.

Mercy was already the most played hero in the game with one tricks all over the place. Things will settle out when players are done trying out her new kit.

lol at thinking I'm bronze. I steadily climbed solo from low bronze to plat the last 2 seasons. Dva is one of my top 3 most played characters in comp. My highest win percentage is with dva.

The new dva is more fun to play...as a DPS. Which is my point. She's less useful as an actual tank. If I wanted to get go DPS crazy why play dva at all? I'll just play genji or soldier.

LOL so you were bronze at some point. Smelled it

AbaFadi

Banned
I understand the frustration with one-trick players, but I also don't encourage this kind of behaviour.

I've seen this attitude in some of my games, and neither helps you win games.

I have zero respect for becca after having her multiple times on my team while she was in a duo with another mercy otp. They took turns playing dps or mercy. If she's going to grief her teammates like that, she deserves all the hate tbh. Bringing your gold rank level dps into a gm game is an instant throw, and they did that knowing what would happen.

Talonz

Mercy was already the most played hero in the game with one tricks all over the place. Things will settle out when players are done trying out her new kit.

I remember watching one match on Seagull's stream and he got saddled with three Mercy mains on his team. It's no wonder people get so tilted in this game especially when that happens and you have to ride out 15 minutes or so to get your loss and a big chunk of SR taken away.

exYle

Becca the mercy main probably wanted mercy and moon2 gave her false hope.

It's like I heard about this Becca before.

Ohhhhh lol

LMAO

Top Bottom