• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Skii

This needs vote to kick.

Then it needs to replace the spot with a bot on the harder difficulty.

The AI in this game is extraordinarily bad. I've seen a video of a team of bronzes defeating a team of hard AI. So unless you want something worse than bronze on your team, probably best to stick with what you have.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Expect one new hero to be announced at Blizzcon. Most likely it will be a healer (THANK GOD).

Aren't we due for a new defense hero anyway? We have yet to get one. Although I can't think of anything that could work or isn't some kind of hybrid of already existing heroes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Aren't we due for a new defense hero anyway? We have yet to get one. Although I can't think of anything that could work or isn't some kind of hybrid of already existing heroes.

We're not due for any DPS heroes

plus they need to rework half their defense roster before adding another one anyways

I-hate-u

Yeah please no more DPS aka Offense/Defense characters for a loo~~ng while.

The next 10 heroes should be tanks/healers to balance out the roster in respect to the 2/2/2 standard comps.

More than half of the roster right now is DPS but teams only need 2, (max 3) per team. It's no wonder people get bored of playing Tanks/Healers.

Ehh.. yes and no...

Sombra really shouldn't be in the Offense category at all. She's somewhere between Defense and Support.

I've decided I'm going to win a FFA match as every character in the roster.

6 down so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjjIgRRw2RM&list=PLgAgHFZb0avtYjGwuzqEExwxIwLYOFneW

The challenging part is not being able to switch characters if the comp is bad. I lost so many games yesterday as DVa because we had like 2 Meis and 3 Tracers on the team. :(

Done so far:
Pharah
Reaper
McCree
Bastion
Mei
Hanzo

Got in a quick DVa win over lunch, though it really isn't that great of a performance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IejzNMQwzE

Schlep

I'd like to see them fix what they've got first before adding a new hero. The whole season 6 meta of grenade/concussion spam and whack-a-Mercy is kinda...dumb.

Here's what happens when we get a new healer, they aren't nearly as useful at straight up heals as Mercy and thus console land is still one healer pressured into Mercy land.

Has there been enough "Fuck Junkrat" sentiment yet?

Because Fuck Junkrat. Hate his RIP Tire so damn much.

He is dumb as bricks right now, in that you can do stupid stuff and still get a massive payoff on the regular.

Gorillaz

my idea of a ult for a new charscter months back was someone who would pretty much allow no cool downs for 10 seconds or a coolfown of 1 or some shit

total mayhem never dies

pizzacat

Banned
DF1ED741E35E2447393F145B75C863DF1497CDA9

👍🏻

The issue with Junkrat is that he encourages spamming because his grenades always do 120 Damage even if they bounce off a wall before hitting you.

It really should be closer to Demoman's Grenades, where they do lose half damage if they bounce. His rise=Pharah's Rise, because Junkrat can't kill Pharah. I've had easier times killing Pharah with Rein/Winston then Junkrat

The issue with Junkrat is that he encourages spamming because his grenades always do 120 Damage even if they bounce off a wall before hitting you.

It really should be closer to Demoman's Grenades, where they do lose half damage if they bounce. His rise=Pharah's Rise, because Junkrat can't kill Pharah. I've had easier times killing Pharah with Rein/Winston then Junkrat

Thing is the only relevant damage in Overwatch is burst. One of the reason's why characters that do "reliable" damage aren't as safe as they might appear is that if you have a noober kaboober on Soldier or McCrapper and all they do is tickle people on the body without landing any headshots or helix rockets they wind up being a major factor in losing the game because they fed support ult charge the whole time. This change would make junkrat worse than he was before since even a squishy carry could roll around in junk pills to help farm soundbarrier and what not.

It works in TF2 because chip damage is more relevant in TF2 since healing is not as powerful and isn't just a flat hp per second health hose. The nade launcher is also one of two demo weapons in a loadout whereas Junk's billiard ball popper is his only main line weapon.

San Francisco NRG has announced its final roster for Overwatch League. Here's a fun video introducing them all:

https://twitter.com/OverwatchSF/status/913510045257568257

I'll put the final roster here along with some history of the players

Nomy - Main tank, Mexican, previously on Immortals but was dropped from the roster because of a combination of visa issues and in general he was one of the weaker parts of the team. He's a great guy though I'm really happy for him.

Babybay - DPS, American, previously on Kungarna, very underrated player who is a godly Soldier and McCree. Notably they showed a clip of him playing Genji for his introduction, so maybe he is transitioning from hitscan to projectile? I'm not sure why they would do that but it's possible. I should also note here that he got banned in the middle of match of CSGO for cheating, so if that's a deal breaker for you there you go. Here's a clip https://youtu.be/Cq5Z53q_Se8

IDDQD - DPS, Swedish, only remaining player from the previous NRG roster, plays hitscan but is best on McCree and Soldier, pretty big streamer. He was thought of a lot higher in the past but he hasn't looked too great when we have seen him play for NRG, but maybe he will turn it around with a better roster around him.

Danteh - DPS / Flex, American, previously on Arc 6, plays Tracer, Genji, and D.Va, also a pretty big streamer. People make fun of him for previously being in competitive Minecraft.

Sleepy - Flex Support, American, previous team was Tempo Storm but it's been months since we have seen him play, I have literally never watched him play before.

dhaK - Lucio role, Spanish, previously on Selfless, played Lucio on Spain's World Cup team,, has been known as one of the better Lucio players around for a while now.

Super - Tank, American, previously on LG Evil, is only 17 so he will have to be on the bench until he is 18, was definitely a good player for LG Evil although that team seriously slumped before they disbanded about a month ago. He played main tank for them but was notably playing Roadhog in the intro video, which isn't unheard of for him so we'll see. I think he will probably take Nomy's spot once he's old enough.

Sinatraa - DPS, American, previously on Selfless, currently on the U.S. World Cup team, can't play until early March when he turns 18, is known as a star Tracer and Zarya and is definitely the best player on the team. Has been a notably toxic player in the past, and although he's toned it down, it's not where you want it to be yet.

This might be a hot take but I actually don't think this team is very good. Their tank line is poor with no true off tank player, although they do have Sinatraa, Danteh, and Super who could fill the role but not in an optimal way IMO. They also have not true projectile DPS players on the team, so even with 4 DPS players they have questions flexibility. When you consider that their initial starting roster will be...

-Nomy
-Babybay
-IDDQD
-Danteh
-Sleepy
-dhaK

...until their other players come of age I think they will really struggle in the beginning. They have some good players though, and other players have said they've been good in scrims, so we'll see.

I've decided I'm going to win a FFA match as every character in the roster.

6 down so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjjIgRRw2RM&list=PLgAgHFZb0avtYjGwuzqEExwxIwLYOFneW

The challenging part is not being able to switch characters if the comp is bad. I lost so many games yesterday as DVa because we had like 2 Meis and 3 Tracers on the team. :(

Done so far:
Pharah
Reaper
McCree
Bastion
Mei
Hanzo
I don't think I've seen a Zarya or Ana player win at FFA Deathmatch yet in ~30 hours of mode play.

randome

THANK YOU last person to choose! Good job picking hanzo and not symmetra, or zenyatta, or lucio, or Zarya, or orisa, or torb, or bastion.

I mean Sinaatra is probably the best Zarya in NA, so there's your off tank. They are lacking a D.Va tho.

You're right but they also want to put him on Tracer most of the time too. Danteh, Babybay, and Sinatraa can all play some off tanks but none of them are going to be dedicated off tank players.

Ask Rogue and Renegades what it's like when you don't have a dedicated player for that role.

NRG's old coach has said that it seems like they are just trying to get a team with fantastic mechanical skill and working from there, but he doesn't think it will work that well either.

I-hate-u

You're right but they also want to put him on Tracer most of the time too. Danteh, Babybay, and Sinatraa can all play some off tanks but none of them are going to be dedicated off tank players.

Ask Rogue and Renegades what it's like when you don't have a dedicated player for that role.

NRG's old coach has said that it seems like they are just trying to get a team with fantastic mechanical skill and working from there, but he doesn't think it will work that well either.

You know what's funny, these teams built around beast Tracers are 1 patch away from losing millions. I guess we know which character Blizzard will never touch.

Anne

I do think having a dedicated off-tank player is a waste of money. You need a dedicated main tank player, but for the off tank slot just get a mechanically good player in there. Have your DPS be flexible enough to pick like Zarya/D.Va/Hog and maybe Winston and you'll be fine.

Rogue's problem isn't that they don't have a dedicated off tank slot, it's that their main tank player had to transition from Lucio and that their DPS in general are not very flexible players.

I do think having a dedicated off-tank player is a waste of money. You need a dedicated main tank player, but for the off tank slot just get a mechanically good player in there. Have your DPS be flexible enough to pick like Zarya/D.Va/Hog and maybe Winston and you'll be fine.

Rogue's problem isn't that they don't have a dedicated off tank slot, it's that their main tank player had to transition from Lucio and that their DPS in general are not very flexible players.

KnOxXx is one of the best Winstons in the west. I don't think he's a problem for them at all.

Flexibility is a big issue for them though. Technically NRG does have a player on the roster that can play every off tank, but they would be taking them away from a role they would be better at. I just think it would be better if they had one player to dedicate their time to the role rather than multiple players splitting their time across multiple roles.

Apparently Fahzix (flex support for EnVision) thinks that Super might be the best Roadhog NA though, so that's at least something.

exYle

San Francisco NRG has announced its final roster for Overwatch League. Here's a fun video introducing them all:

https://twitter.com/OverwatchSF/status/913510045257568257

I'll put the final roster here along with some history of the players

Nomy - Main tank, Mexican, previously on Immortals but was dropped from the roster because of a combination of visa issues and in general he was one of the weaker parts of the team. He's a great guy though I'm really happy for him.

Babybay - DPS, American, previously on Kungarna, very underrated player who is a godly Soldier and McCree. Notably they showed a clip of him playing Genji for his introduction, so maybe he is transitioning from hitscan to projectile? I'm not sure why they would do that but it's possible. I should also note here that he got banned in the middle of match of CSGO for cheating, so if that's a deal breaker for you there you go. Here's a clip https://youtu.be/Cq5Z53q_Se8

IDDQD - DPS, Swedish, only remaining player from the previous NRG roster, plays hitscan but is best on McCree and Soldier, pretty big streamer. He was thought of a lot higher in the past but he hasn't looked too great when we have seen him play for NRG, but maybe he will turn it around with a better roster around him.

Danteh - DPS / Flex, American, previously on Arc 6, plays Tracer, Genji, and D.Va, also a pretty big streamer. People make fun of him for previously being in competitive Minecraft.

Sleepy - Flex Support, American, previous team was Tempo Storm but it's been months since we have seen him play, I have literally never watched him play before.

dhaK - Lucio role, Spanish, previously on Selfless, played Lucio on Spain's World Cup team,, has been known as one of the better Lucio players around for a while now.

Super - Tank, American, previously on LG Evil, is only 17 so he will have to be on the bench until he is 18, was definitely a good player for LG Evil although that team seriously slumped before they disbanded about a month ago. He played main tank for them but was notably playing Roadhog in the intro video, which isn't unheard of for him so we'll see. I think he will probably take Nomy's spot once he's old enough.

Sinatraa - DPS, American, previously on Selfless, currently on the U.S. World Cup team, can't play until early March when he turns 18, is known as a star Tracer and Zarya and is definitely the best player on the team. Has been a notably toxic player in the past, and although he's toned it down, it's not where you want it to be yet.

This might be a hot take but I actually don't think this team is very good. Their tank line is poor with no true off tank player, although they do have Sinatraa, Danteh, and Super who could fill the role but not in an optimal way IMO. They also have not true projectile DPS players on the team, so even with 4 DPS players they have questions flexibility. When you consider that their initial starting roster will be...

-Nomy
-Babybay
-IDDQD
-Danteh
-Sleepy
-dhaK

...until their other players come of age I think they will really struggle in the beginning. They have some good players though, and other players have said they've been good in scrims, so we'll see.

This doesn't seem too impressive, given what the Seoul, London and Dallas teams consist of

Mr Git

I played with my irl mate last night on QP and had to keep reminding him to res, as he hasn't really adjusted to new mercy yet. Felt like a right cunt.

Also what kinda decay happens over a week/fortnight? I'm moving the last of my stuff this weekend which is basically PC and consoles and my new house doesn't have internet connected until the 9th of October :c :c :c

I always hate how the junkrat "buff" pretty much enabled everyone to now play him even more

I am one of those people. Sorry. I've been #1 in FFA with Junkrat a few times and I've maybe 1-2 hours with him in my whole playtime.

This doesn't seem too impressive, given what the Seoul, London and Dallas teams consist of

Pretty much what I think.

Unless Nomy has improved considerably on the Winston and Sleepy is as underrated as some people say they are going to get stomped by the top teams. I just think there were more talented players out there they could have went with across the board.

TrueBlue

I swear Mystery Heroes is borked sometimes.

I've got Ana like four or five times today. There doesn't seem to be much variation.

EDIT: Bastion and Doomfist too

Talonz

The next healer has to be a WoW Resto-like Shaman. It would use some sort of healing totem that has HP. It would have some sort of DPS totem too. I sort of feel they took this idea for this hero and dumped it into Mercy's Ultimate though.

Top Bottom