• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExVicis

The problem is defending with that set up takes barely any team work and attacking against it takes a shit ton. The odds are so stacked against the attacking team unless they're all talking and it ends up meaning all the games are played the same way.

I'd like to see stats on the successful attacks in public games as opposed to defence. I imagine it's ridiculously skewed in favour of defence. I know in competition it's like 75 percent in the favour of attacking but that's with pre made teams who all talk to each other.

Well also some of the maps are pretty badly skewed against attack. If the maps were better balanced a lot of issues some have wouldn't really be a thing anymore.

But it is possible to beat that combo you've said, I've been on the other side of it and if someone just forces you to drop your shield for whatever reason or move as Reinhardt the Bastion can be taken out.

Overwatch |OT3| Mei be you should git gud
+1

If the team has a soldier and/or a widowmaker who's competant you won't get 3 seconds of firetime I've found though.

Still okay, but not the absolute counter
Ideally, I try to have the most surprising place for my Bastion placement so I don't get focused right away and if that loses it's appeal I move around to where I think the enemy wont' expect me. If that fails...eh I play someone else.

I don't think Bastion is that great of a hero to be honest. I'm not sure what he needs, but it's definitely not a nerf.

mbpm1

Ideally, I try to have the most surprising place for my Bastion placement so I don't get focused right away and if that loses it's appeal I move around to where I think the enemy wont' expect me. If that fails...eh I play someone else.

I don't think Bastion is that great of a hero to be honest. I'm not sure what he needs, but it's definitely not a nerf.

He's good in a specific niche, starts falling off outside of it.

He's alright I guess, the best way to buff him if he needed one would be to make him smaller I guess.

ExVicis

He's good in a specific niche, starts falling off outside of it.

He's alright I guess, the best way to buff him if he needed one would be to make him smaller I guess.

Yeah, he's not really that suitable for much else but surprising someone and cutting them down. He's not the weakest in terms of health but he's not incredibly tanky either. By nature he's incredibly immobile and he's pretty easy to shoot at and hit once you know where he is.

Smaller is one change he could do with but if I was forced to make a change to Bastion I would say at least make the time he takes to go in and out of shift faster than it currently is so he can move around faster.

CoLaN

Disrupting the enemy lines by jumping in from behind (or over them) is so satisfying, especially when they go in full panic mode.

It's also awesome to jump on a widowmaker's face and see them flip

Gurrry

Oh, guess I was wrong. Thought it counted

They dont count mainly because most of the brawls effect your cooldowns and other things like damage, which wouldnt reflect how someone plays normally.

But god damn I love the mystery hero mode. Wish it was in there for good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Having now skated up the well as lucio after an asshole roadhog (still <3 him) chained me in I can confirm that it does indeed feel awesome.

Why would you build your town around a death-hole anyway? No urban planning at all.

I got the smooth as silk trophy fairly easily last night. It sounds tough, but all you do is press jump and shoot simultaneously. I got it with that method on my first headshot after hearing about the trick.

Why does it seem like I have better luck playing with 1 or 2 friends vs a full party.

The few times I played with a full party of 6 we got steamrolled. Like just embarrassed.

But playing with 2 friends and 3 randoms we've gone on some pretty good winning streaks.

Does this apply to all deployables?

Can I combo Symmetra and Mercy?

*gasp*

Because he's excellent on attack? The concussion mine is great for fucking up positions, and that grenade spam is fantastic for handling entrenched positions.

I had a pocket Mercy buffing and healing me when I played as Symmetra last night. Dunno if the turrets get buffed, but you stay alive longer for your beam to charge up. Shut down Reinhardt really fast!

Junkrat is objectively good in every situation. What are you on?

People seem to use him like he's an attack hero. He can't fire long or accurately, his niche is enclosed spaces and supplementary damage owing to the inaccuracy (which can be quite a lot, true). He's a king of the hill monster but I was referring to payload which I didn't specify.

He's pretty much the third pillar next to Hanzo and Widow.

I just had a Mei who kept trolling the team and putting up an ice wall every time the door opened on KOTH.

We won, but still. What an absolute dogshit character.
I played a round of random heroes earlier. It gave me Mei first. I jumped straight off the side of the map because any opportunity to kill a Mei is worth taking
You're someone I can believe in.

ExVicis

People seem to use him like he's an attack hero. He can't fire long or accurately, his niche is enclosed spaces and supplementary damage owing to the inaccuracy (which can be quite a lot, true). He's a king of the hill monster but was referring to payload which I didn't specify.

He can totally be played offensively though, even on Payload. And if you play him long enough you can easily arc his shots to hit people directly, that's not impossible. Hell, Demoman who plays very similarly has a gun entirely based on that kind of playstyle and people seem to pull it off just fine.

Lesath

I got the smooth as silk trophy fairly easily last night. It sounds tough, but all you do is press jump and shoot simultaneously. I got it with that method on my first headshot after hearing about the trick.

Doesn't jumping take you out of scoped view? I've been trying to get it, but I'm a terrible sniper in general and I don't like holding my team back more than I already am.

Eh?

The Google Doc in the OP has PS4 players. You need to click to the PS4 tab on the bottom of the window.

If you want to avoid adding everyone, we can add you to the group message thread if you want (you'll probably want to turn message notifications off if you join though).

Can i get added to that message thread as well?

PSN - Payoffwizard

Thanks.

Brandwin

Did you quote the post? The google doc link is hidden to make sure only GAF members sign it.

You need to quote the original OP, in the quoted box do a ctrl-F or cmd-f and search for "GAF User ID List" - you'll see the google doc link right next to it.

It's hidden so only GAF members can see it when they quote the post

I got it and signed in. Thank you both.

I think that person is referencing the Brawl/Arcade mode which has a different rule set each week.
Ah, okay.I thought I missed something and went searching every where haha. I am loving this weeks Brawl.

If you want to avoid adding everyone, we can add you to the group message thread if you want (you'll probably want to turn message notifications off if you join though).

This is PSN group message or like a GroupMe chat?

I would be interested in either. PSN name - DookieMowf

but yes, I will need to turn notifcations off.

Kito

Had a funny 1v1 against Mei as Symmetra on a control map. It's overtime, Mei activates ultimate on the objective, she freezes me, and rushes in only to get evaporated by my turrets. We won. >:)

He can totally be played offensively though, even on Payload. And if you play him long enough you can easily arc his shots to hit people directly, that's not impossible. Hell, Demoman who plays very similarly has a gun entirely based on that kind of playstyle and people seem to pull it off just fine.

Not saying it's impossible in the same way that a good Hanzo is practically an asset. People seem to have no problem complaining about Hanzo but Junkrat goes under the radar? Hanzo's toolset is 10x more useful on Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom