• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Just had the most awkward experience ever in team chat where this guy on my team who couldn't have been out of high school started crying. He was acting passive aggressive since the start of the match and caused some of my teammates to act passive aggressive and things escalated to the point where he started crying and said that we were bullying him. He eventually calmed down and said it was because of bullying in real life, and then we all talked through it and tried to encourage him. That part was cool, but for the minute that you could tell he was crying was one of the strangest experiences I have had playing this game. I feel quite bad for the kid to be honest, I hope things get better for him.

Chance

Well, that's still probably the most positive story I've ever heard about someone acting like a doink in Overwatch chat. Good on all of you for bein' nice to the kid.

Had a game where we had a good widow.

Next game I'm matched up with him again, but our teammates cry foul cause he was widow. End result we lost cause the other people threw the game.

Sadly people throwing over team picks has happened to me the past 10+ games in a row...Widow and Hanzo are fine if they're producing. Let them do work first. Don't throw the match before the match even starts.

Now that I hit masters this season can't wait to get placed in low plat again!
I know you're joking but if you're good enough hit Masters then you're gonna be fine. I do hope S5 placements are nicer to people though.

Just had the most awkward experience ever in team chat where this guy on my team who couldn't have been out of high school started crying. He was acting passive aggressive since the start of the match and caused some of my teammates to act passive aggressive and things escalated to the point where he started crying and said that we were bullying him. He eventually calmed down and said it was because of bullying in real life, and then we all talked through it and tried to encourage him. That part was cool, but for the minute that you could tell he was crying was one of the strangest experiences I have had playing this game. I feel quite bad for the kid to be honest, I hope things get better for him.
Wow, good on everyone for calming down and helping him out.

I know you're joking but if you're good enough hit Masters then you're gonna be fine. I do hope S5 placements are nicer to people though.

I mean some of them weren't being cool at first it was more disbelief that this kid was crying while playing and laughed a little but eventually everyone got quiet and this one guy told a story of how when he was a kid he grew up in some really poor area in the Caribbean and said that it gets better or something like that.

I tried to be nice though, and at least the other people weren't complete dicks which for an online game I consider a win.

This isn't really relevant but we barely lost in overtime and I'm pissed about that too lol

I mean some of them weren't being cool at first it was more disbelief that this kid was crying while playing and laughed a little but eventually everyone got quiet and this one guy told a story of how when he was a kid he grew up in some really poor area in the Caribbean and said that it gets better or something like that.

I tried to be nice though, and at least the other people weren't complete dicks which for an online game I consider a win.

This isn't really relevant but we barely lost in overtime and I'm pissed about that too lol
So many people on mic. I'm jealous.

LiK

Anyone here called "BAESTATION" on BNet cuz I'm this close to declining the friend request because of the name.

So many people on mic. I'm jealous.

In higher ranks there's usually six in the chat and most people will have a mic even if they aren't being very talkative on it. I think this shows how important communication is in Overwatch that this is more common at higher ranks.

With that being said, you also get people who will turn their mic on at the end of the round just to rage at their teammates for being bad, which is always a dumb thing to witness.

I'm only like 500 SR above you though it can't be that bad!

pizzacat

Banned

There's no joke

S2-low plat, ended high plat
S3 low plat , ended low diamond
S4 low plat, planning on ending on low masters

I can't wait till I wast my life on 10 placement matches win most of them, get punished and streamerboy99 stays in gm after taking 10 losses to the mouth :]

Gosh, sounds like a heck of a game. Emotions all over the place lol.

There's no joke

S2-low plat, ended high plat
S3 low plat , ended low diamond
S4 low plat, planning on ending on low masters

I can't wait till I wast my life on 10 placement matches win most of them, get punished and streamerboy99 stays in gm after taking 10 losses to the mouth :]
Oh wow, you were serious. Damn. Here's to both of us having better luck with S5 starts then.

Ok, come S5 I'm going to refuse doing solo queue. Solo queue murdered my SR this season. Actually going below 2000 when in S3 I was 1 game away from 3000.

When you're a tank/support main bad players won't take advantage of any positioning or help you provide. Sure I can go DPS and can pull off a solid 76 but most of the time he's autolocked at the start.

Nimby

Banned
why do all overwatch streamers listen to terrible music

I've observed that most streamers/pro players have shitty taste in everything that isn't Overwatch.

Game just put me in a QP lobby with two GMs on both sides. Fucking best Zen games of my life. The D.Va used her defense matrix to save me shit. People actually went where I transed. Holy fuck,

pizzacat

Banned
Some OW streamers have a setup where their subs choose the song for certain cents for each second or something

Most of them just listen to basic ass shit

HiiiLife

Why do I feel like the I am the only player in my games who tries to meet a few feet outside point for a spawning Mercy so she can fly to me. It saves time. I feel like it helps.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Some OW streamers have a setup where their subs choose the song for certain cents for each second or something

I shouldn't say "terrible taste in music" but maybe 9/10 streams I open it's some EDM pandora station.

Should I be jumpstyling while playing OW?

Nimby

Banned

I prefer no music when watching streams. EeveeA listens to like a playlist full of Minecraft, Zelda remixes, and Uncharted songs. Just that I've picked out, which is listenable.

I can only take so much dubstep with girl singing.

rulerk1

Why do I feel like the I am the only player in my games who tries to meet a few feet outside point for a spawning Mercy so she can fly to me. It saves time. I feel like it helps.

i do that. i also taxi Syms and Torb while they set up. I just think no one is aware to do the former

Chance

i do that. i also taxi Syms and Torb while they set up. I just think no one is aware to do the former

I've had folks do it for me like twice. I always do it when I'm tanking and we have a solo Mercy.

Edit: 'cause really wtf am I gonna' get done, as a tank, without my healer?

Just die, that's what.

_Legacy_

Man I just can't catch a break this week, I've dropped like 200 SR since Sunday. Some games were very winnable too, surely my luck has to turn around soon. I wasn't far off from Diamond on Sunday, feeling a bit like Icarus right now, ha.

antitrop

I finally managed to get my Lucio win rate from 30% to 40%, at least...

6TD0Nj5.png

antitrop

The past bit I've played more orisa and she clicked. Since my SR us already in the gutter I'll just use the time to practice her

I love her on extremely linear parts of maps. She's really good on King's Row, since the entire map is just a bunch of corridors. Obviously she's good on Nepal Sanctum for her right click over the pit. She's a disaster on more open, vertical maps like Hollywood or Gibraltar.

is it possible to get diamond through solo Q? I find its really 50/50 for win/loss so its hard to make any movement

Everything was possible before with the insane bonus SR you gained if you were lucky to get on a winstreak. Also, before this recent change on how the SR works if you were 50/50 for win/loss you were probably higher than when you started, that doesn't seem to be the case now, a lot of people (myself included) are gaining less on wins than what they lose on defeats.

antitrop

is it possible to get diamond through solo Q? I find its really 50/50 for win/loss so its hard to make any movement
I only solo queue (99.9% of the time, anyway) and my ranks were:

S1: Placed 50, ended 65
S2: Placed 2600, ended 3000
S3: Placed 3000, ended 3100
S4: Placed 3000, currently 3975

I also main Support, so it is possible to climb as a solo queue support player.

Top Bottom