• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Hah, of course.

Who were you playing last night?

Tank, mostly D.Va and Winston.

We basically used always the same comp for the most part, Owzers Rein, Cappa Lucio, Pinku Mercy/Zen, Batman Tracer and Biscuit Pharah. We managed to make a dive comp work too lol

jviggy43

So....

I stopped playing Comp for about a week and a half...might have been even 2 weeks. I was sitting at 3640 when I stopped. I had finals and papers for my graduate program and some friends visiting for graduation so I just didn't have the time to commit to playing.

Booted it up today, I'm at 3060. I literally may stop playing this game all together. I figured itd drop me to 3500 but 3060? Is that par for the course?

LiK

Tank, mostly D.Va and Winston.

We basically used always the same comp for the most part, Owzers Rein, Cappa Lucio, Pinku Mercy/Zen, Batman Tracer and Biscuit Pharah. We managed to make a dive comp work too lol

Oh gee, Owzers playing Rein and Batman playing Tracer when I'm not on. Typical. What did I say?!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DVa has a Bee skin
Winston has a Yeti skin

Mei now has a Beekeeper and Yeti Hunter skin

So its pretty safe to say Meis next skin will be 'Bacon Maker'

antitrop

So....

I stopped playing Comp for about a week and a half...might have been even 2 weeks. I was sitting at 3640 when I stopped. I had finals and papers for my graduate program and some friends visiting for graduation so I just didn't have the time to commit to playing.

Booted it up today, I'm at 3060. I literally may stop playing this game all together. I figured itd drop me to 3500 but 3060? Is that par for the course?

Yes. But I have good news.

When you win a game, you'll get +150SR, and when you lose a game, you'll only lose a few points, until you get back to where you were before you stopped playing.

So....

You're gonna win a lot of points per win (to a max of 150 I think) if your hidden mmr is around 3600.

Oh gee, Owzers playing Rein and Batman playing Tracer when I'm not on. Typical. What did I say?!

Cappa instalocked Lucio leaving Batman no choice but to play Tracer with that awesome new skin and dance emote.

Meanwhile Owzers was dancing with his hammer.

jviggy43

Yes. But I have good news.

When you win a game, you'll get +150SR, and when you lose a game, you'll only lose a few points, until you get back to where you were before you stopped playing.

You're gonna win a lot of points per win (to a max of 150 I think) if your hidden mmr is around 3600.

Cappa instalocked Lucio leaving Batman no choice but to play Tracer with that awesome new skin and dance emote.

Meanwhile Owzers was dancing with his hammer.

AH! thank you fam. If that wasn't the case I was probably just going to retire from playing if that wasn't the case as thats super frustrating.

rulerk1

oh good games last night? I see. The game knew i was close to master so it made it impossible to get giving us hard games. With me gone you had it easy. This is not the end

LiK

I think I'll need to lower the sensitivity. My new SCUF controller analog sticks are way smoother than the previous model. It's not using the default DS4 sticks but rather their own brand sticks. I can still aim fine but I want just a bit more control back when tracking.

Arrrammis

Came back to the game because of the event, thought I'd warm up with a game of CTF... Everyone went DPS except myself(Mercy, then tried Lucio, and finally Reinhardt) and a Torbjorn who never put down a turret and insisted on trying to cap the enemy flag alone... oh randoms, never change.

I'll be on later tonight but probably after the primary six-stack has formed - around 8 PM EST. So I guess I'll be around if people drop out or a secondary stack forms. I'd like to at least get my Comp score back to above 2500 before the season ends. D:

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are you satisfied with your protection voice line sounds like Orisa's fixing to sell me some birth control or condoms on a late night infomercial

and Winston has an oh yeah voice line now
1503101-koolaidman.jpg

Is anyone else slightly disappointed with this event after the initial shininess wore off? I like most of the skins and the new emotes are cool, but...

-All new skins are legendaries, no epics, and not every character gets one
-New emote for everyone but it'll be locked behind an event once it's over
-Three new maps, but only for 3v3/1v1 so nothing new for the primary mode of the game
-No new highlight intros (unless I missed them)

It just doesn't seem like a proper anniversary event. I'd hoped for more things to get in regular loot boxes, as well as something new for the primary game (like a new full map or mode). The dance emotes being event specific kind of sucks as it's the only real "anniversary" type thing that every character got. I dunno, maybe I'm just tired of Blizzard's event system at this point.

Also with this, I guess we've established the calendar of events: Summer Games in August, Halloween in October, Winter/Christmas in December, Lunar New Year in January/February, Overwatch lore in April, Anniversary in May. If their supposed idea of repeating events is true.

Ah well. Hopefully we get a new character or map next month.

Gorillaz

Shitty 2 stack crying BECAUSE I put the teleporter down instead of running into 1v6.

These comp games are something else tonight. Pretty much pick whatever character's skin or emote you got out of a loot box :/

Legit had one of the worst nights of comp I had in MONTHS last night. It almost felt like the first season of comp all over again with people just missing their roles completely and yea making certain character picks because of new skins

Is anyone else slightly disappointed with this event after the initial shininess wore off? I like most of the skins and the new emotes are cool, but...

-Three new maps, but only for 3v3/1v1 so nothing new for the primary mode of the game

It just doesn't seem like a proper anniversary event. I'd hoped for more things to get in regular loot boxes, as well as something new for the primary game (like a new full map or mode). The dance emotes being event specific kind of sucks as it's the only real "anniversary" type thing that every character got. I dunno, maybe I'm just tired of Blizzard's event system at this point.

Also with this, I guess we've established the calendar of events: Summer Games in August, Halloween in October, Winter/Christmas in December, Lunar New Year in January/February, Overwatch lore in April, Anniversary in May. If their supposed idea of repeating events is true.

Yeah, no new mode either which seems really strange considering it's their one year anniversary.

At least bring back Lucioball or something.

All skins should have been permanent. Or, at the very least, give everyone 3000 coins so they can at least get one skin they may like. The "things need to be event limited so they actually feel rare" argument is just ridiculous.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fucking stop picking DPS every game in quick play

I legit think Blizzard should ONLY add new heroes in the form of healers because I'm so fucking sick of how much people refuse to play them. In fact, turn Genji, Hanzo and Widowmaker INTO healers

Nah, do something to 3v3 to make people want to play it.

Comp 3v3, no respawns. Even the new winner lockout would be cool. Or a draft system, like Dota.

I legit think Blizzard should ONLY add new heroes in the form of healers because I'm so fucking sick of how much people refuse to play them. In fact, turn Genji, Hanzo and Widowmaker INTO healers

Archer healer and melee healer would be interesting.

Ana is already the sniper healer and a lot of Ana's out there play like they're Widow

Yeah, it's pretty meh. The new skins are nice, but that's about it. 1v1/3v3 maps are whatever. Hopefully the next event is better.

Why do you care about hero comp in quick play

Top Bottom