• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

hypernima

Banned
I've been meaning to get my Sombra up to a comp level, she's very close though.
I will be willing to play Tracer more with a communicative Zarya.

I would say my Hero Pool for which I have the utmost confidence in comp is

S76
Tracer
Zarya
Hog
Ana
Lucio
Symmetra (I assure you I am not throwing.)

LiK

I'm not even sure who are Zarya mains in our current group. I know some guys play her but I dunno how proficient they are with her.

Ramirez

I got a message yesterday on PSN telling me "I represented everything wrong with this game and community", lol.

All because I was playing Orisa, and doing quite well!

I'm not even sure who are Zarya mains in our current group. I know some guys play her but I dunno how proficient they are with her.

Don't think we have a main. We have proficient players with her but no one who is like holy fuck that person is Zarya.

LiK

Don't think we have a main. We have proficient players with her but no one who is like holy fuck that person is Zarya.

Kinda figured cuz people only switch to her when they think she's needed. I'm learning to play her much better now in QP. Been winning more than losing. She'll def be on of my main tanks soon.

I think my biggest problem is I don't have any main. I'm good to great with a lot of characters, but there isn't one that really sticks out. You can tell by my QP stats: my longest playtime in QP is 17 hours of Junkrat, then 16 hours of Symmetra, then 15 hours of DVa and 12 hours of Tracer and 76.

Compare that to people who have 50+ hours in one character and I'm just like...a jack of all trades flex guy I guess.

I got a message yesterday on PSN telling me "I represented everything wrong with this game and community", lol.

All because I was playing Orisa, and doing quite well!

Good thing I block messages from strangers. Bet that one team was salty as hell from my 8 enviro kills with her.

LiK

I think my biggest problem is I don't have any main. I'm good to great with a lot of characters, but there isn't one that really sticks out. You can tell by my QP stats: my longest playtime in QP is 17 hours of Junkrat, then 16 hours of Symmetra, then 15 hours of DVa and 12 hours of Tracer and 76.

Compare that to people who have 50+ hours in one character and I'm just like...a jack of all trades flex guy I guess.

If you look at my QP hero usage, I look like a jack of all trades guy too. But for Comp, I only want to use heroes I know I can be consistently good with. I don't want to be that guy who is just okay with a hero because that's a liability for the group.

I'm not trying to sound like a tryhard. I just want people to play who they're best at in Comp so we have the highest chance for success. Cuz if people aren't using their best heroes, then why are even playing Comp? We got QP for that. You know the other team wants to win too.

If you look at my QP hero usage, I look like a jack of all trades guy too. But for Comp, I only want to use heroes I know I can be consistently good with. I don't want to be that guy who is just okay with a hero because that's a liability for the group.

I'm not trying to sound like a tryhard. I just want people to play who they're best at in Comp so we have the highest chance for success. Cuz if people aren't using their best heroes, then why are even playing Comp? We got QP for that. You know the other team wants to win too.

Yup. That's what I tell people when they ask "who do you want me to play?"

I check their profile, then I tell them to play who they're best with.

Yeah I hear you. I think part of my problem is I don't get a lot of feedback as to which characters other people think I'm comp-worthy with. Like my perspective on who I think I can play in competitive is probably skewed a bit. I have a lot I'm comfortable with, but comfortable =/= good in some cases.

I will never let you down folks, believe me.

I'll never forget that one time you played Torb on Eichenwalde and we lost.

Never.

Forget.

Chance

Being able to flex is super powerful. I can hold classes on Tracer and Mercy, but when the enemy comp is just shutting you down, you're hamstrung if you can't adapt.

We were gettin' our asses kicked on Gibraltar defense last week - enemy team had Orisa, Rein, Winston and Bastion: shields for days.

Y'know what broke it and won us the match?

I switched to fucking Junkrat.

Owzers

Yeah I hear you. I think part of my problem is I don't get a lot of feedback as to which characters other people think I'm comp-worthy with. Like my perspective on who I think I can play in competitive is probably skewed a bit. I have a lot I'm comfortable with, but comfortable =/= good in some cases.

I'll never forget that one time you played Torb on Eichenwalde and we lost.

Never.

Forget.

*only applies to season 4 after bastion nerf.

in comp mostly lucio or zen depending who the team picks. i can kinda play d.va if there's a healer or something to heal me.

qp i try to stay way from lucio as that's who i play most of the time. and just pick like d.va/mccree and widow. but i gotta learn to play as ana though.

LiK

Being able to flex is super powerful. I can hold classes on Tracer and Mercy, but when the enemy comp is just shutting you down, you're hamstrung if you can't adapt.

We were gettin' our asses kicked on Gibraltar defense last week - enemy team had Orisa, Rein, Winston and Bastion: shields for days.

Y'know what broke it and won us the match?

I switched to fucking Junkrat.

Flex is fine. I'm currently proficient with 2 heroes per class. But I only switch around if we're getting stomped. I just don't want someone who says they're great with "everyone". I don't believe that for a second.

rulerk1

on overbuff it says im in the 99th or near percentile or objective on flankers like Genji, Tracer, Sombra and Pharah. Is this good? Am i playing them wrong?

Chance

Flex is fine. I'm currently proficient with 2 heroes per class. But I only switch around if we're getting stomped. I just don't want someone who says they're great with "everyone". I don't believe that for a second.

I think I'd go with proficient for...
Zarya
Rein
D.Va
Zen
Soldier
Pharah
Mei
Symm
Ana

Junkrat ain't among the ones I'm very comfortable with. I had his conc mine trigger mapped to like R3 it was weird.

I hate playing Lucio. If you want me to die and us to lose, make me play Lucio.

I can count the teams that used my speed boost to flow, attack and disengage as a unit on one finger.

LiK

I think I'd go with proficient for...
Zarya
Rein
D.Va
Zen
Soldier
Pharah
Mei
Symm
Ana

Junkrat ain't among the ones I'm very comfortable with. I had his conc mine trigger mapped to like R3 it was weird.

I hate playing Lucio. If you want me to die and us to lose, make me play Lucio.

I can count the teams that used my speed boost to flow, attack and disengage as a unit on one finger.

Turns out I've been getting way better as Lucio so he's one of my support mains. My other is Zen. Can't wait for the rework to go live.

Ramirez

Good thing I block messages from strangers. Bet that one team was salty as hell from my 8 enviro kills with her.

It's just funny to me, people see you playing the new hero and automatically assume you're the reason the team is losing. It was a close match, and I had 40 objective kills and gold elims/damage with 3K amped damage. I can see her being a liability in higher ranks, but in this Diamond/Plat shit I'm stuck in, I do fine with her.

Chance

It's just funny to me, people see you playing the new hero and automatically assume you're the reason the team is losing. It was a close match, and I had 40 objective kills and gold elims/damage with 3K amped damage. I can see her being a liability in higher ranks, but in this Diamond/Plat shit I'm stuck in, I do fine with her.

I like havin' Orisas on my team for the most part. If she's got heals and can hit guys with that gun that is basically Mercy's blaster taped to D.Va's pistol, with a drum magazine, we're gonna' have a good time.

And on the Ilios well. Enviro kills galore.

Anne

e1832223e4.png

:^)

they had a tilt worthy team, shit was rip

Was looking over my quick play stats for genji on oversumo. Over 10 hours my weapon accuracy is bronze at 26%, but critical hits accuracy is master at 7.87%.

Not sure if good? Lol.

It has been hard adjusting to higher sensitivity. Especially flipping back and forth between characters with different sensitivities.

Edit: I guess that doesn't seem too odd thinking about more. I do try to zone corners and chokes a lot with shurikens at times.

komaruR

Was looking over my quick play stats for genji on oversumo. And over 10 hours my weapon accuracy is bronze at 26%, but critical hits accuracy is master at 7.87%.

Not sure if good? Lol.

It has been hard adjusting to higher sensitivity. Especially flipping back and forth between characters with different sensitivities.

Edit: I guess that doesn't seem too odd thinking about more. I do try to zone corners and chokes a lot with shurikens at times.
Imo think the final blow is more important. Just because you want to harass with shuriken and when enemy is low, you dash in for a confirm kill and dash out. Im no genji main so those that play genji at a higher lv can correct if wrong.

I agree. However, Im pure trash with genji as a whole and die way too often. Final blows are shit because its based on per life whereas accuracy is a constant.

I'd like playing Rein a lot more if he wasn't like, entirely dependent on having a healer. At least Zarya's shields recharge.

That and if he had more range. Zarya lets me chase people down a bit which is nice.

Every other game in low diamond is a throw.

Once you hit 2700-3200, I feel the odds of people throwing are pretty high.

We're down 0-2 on Oasis, I switch to S76 and go off. 2-2, We're at 99% and they're at 89% and we have one last good push.

I shut down an ulting Reaper, hide and shut down an ulting Pharah, and see our Zarya is sitting in the corner, not on the point, letting the enemy Rein hit her without any sort of fighting back.

:/

We won, but boy did I get upset with that guy.

Anne

Imo think the final blow is more important. Just because you want to harass with shuriken and when enemy is low, you dash in for a confirm kill and dash out. Im no genji main so those that play genji at a higher lv can correct if wrong.

Genji accuracy is extremely important, but the number will be a bit lower sometimes cause you do just spam M1 a lot. If you can hit close-mid range M1 consistently you just melt people.

Owzers

Mercy's is nice, I'm glad I'm a Mercy main because the Rein one is awful, didn't even give him a hat, the dullest outfit of the bunch if that's it.

Top Bottom