• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Sombra and Arcade mode now live for all platforms

For those of you not religiously following this stuff, basically everything announced at Blizzcon is now live. New character Sombra, arcade which has 1v1, 3v3, no hero limits, and an assortment of brawls, there is also now a one hero limit in QP. Here is a much more detailed list of everything new in patch 1.5 (2.0 for consoles) http://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-patch-15

You can also play Overwatch for free this weekend, and all these changes will be in the free version.

Haines

Banned
Finally have a reason to shut off the pro and boot up my Xbox and break out the elite controller.

Love me some overwatch. Love how they have a constant flow of new stuff.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just when I thought I was out Blizzard pulls me back in.

NO I must finish Dark Soul 3 first!

Leunam

I guess the animated short served as her trailer?

I'm not sure she'll fit my particular style, but I've been playing Genji a lot more lately so I've been getting used to mobile, fragile characters a little more.

Grisby

That seemed quick. Thought they might wait until comp season 2 ends.

Oh well, not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

KarmaCow

10 GB update! Damn

Oh well bring it on

Is this on console? I forgot the check the update size for the live release but I think on PTR the update was under a GB but certainly not anywhere near 10GB. The entire game is less than 10GB.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I look forward to yelling at my teammates to switch away from Sombra.

so 6 Sombra V 6 Sombra matches for the next few days now? haven't played much since R2 came out. Might need to hop back in for Sombra.

Was that the case for Ana? I remember being surprised that she wasn't picked that often on her release. (Maybe because a 'medic sniper' seemed too odd and intimidating)

That was my take. I was never interested in playing Ana. Seems like a weird build. I was also surprised.

Welp, better put the console on now and start spending hours downloading this bad boy.
Wait, does this mean I have my permanent mystery heroes mode? might be the best way to end up as Sombra without dragging down a competitive match racing to lock her in or being in a six sombra fracas elsewhere.

Maximo

Was that the case for Ana? I remember being surprised that she wasn't picked that often on her release. (Maybe because a 'medic sniper' seemed too odd and intimidating)

Sombra appeals to the edge crowd and is a offense hero, will be picked alot.

benzopil

She's a healer. Nobody wanted to play healer. (and still doesn't...)

TP

Is this on console? I forgot the check the update size for the live release but I think on PTR the update was under a GB but certainly not anywhere near 10GB. The entire game is less than 10GB.

I was notified when the game started updating on PC and it finished before I could even read through the patch notes

PC size has to be a lot smaller

Betty

Banned

It's on console yup, says 2.00 version.

Squire

Banned

People couldn't play her and didn't have the patience to figure her out. Sombra might be a little more popular, but the character seems so technical I expect people are gonna bounce off her almost as quickly.

With Ana it wasn't an issue at all after like a day or two.

It'll be interesting to see how many Winstons and Meis are going to be in competitive for the next 2-3 days while the season comes to an end.

Mesoian

And the battlenet upgrade server is getting slammed which means my battlenet just straight up crashes.

Happens every time Overwatch gets a bit update. ::Sigh::

so 6 Sombra V 6 Sombra matches for the next few days now? haven't played much since R2 came out. Might need to hop back in for Sombra.

That was my take. I was never interested in playing Ana. Seems like a weird build. I was also surprised.

only if you play the no limits mode, otherwise most modes are now capped to one of each hero.

Jawmuncher

Good luck even trying to play her in quickplay with the solo character changes.
Glad that they added her now though and didn't make us wait until after.

Thanks for reminding me about the Free Weekend thing, will be my first time trying out the game and see how good it feels on console (I don't have a good enough PC to play).

buffed her armor by 100 bringing her total health to 600

100 more armor and more movement when firing I believe.

Good to hear, her movement definitely felt too slow when firing before. Which is a particular hindrance since her cannons only do significant damage at short range.

I just hope they haven't swung too far the other way now. She was already a popular character beforehand.

Top Bottom