• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pachter Predicts: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September (dance, you puppets)

What's Microsoft going to do this fall? Give away every quality game this fall for free to match the PS4?

Maybe an Xbox bundle with COD AW, Sunset Overdrive, FIFA, and GTA might sell more than the standard PS4 SKU.

Einbroch

Banned
How does Pachter still have a job? Can't believe investors still listen to him

Because his predictions are usually right. It's just sometimes he makes ones that make no sense.

He's like Brett Favre. Usually he's pretty solid, sometimes he makes some great calls, and other times you just look at him and go "what were you thinking?"

CozMick

Banned
What's Microsoft going to do this fall? Give away every quality game this fall for free to match the PS4?

Maybe an Xbox bundle with COD AW, Sunset Overdrive, FIFA, and GTA might sell more than the standard PS4 SKU.

I predict a “free with a happy meal" announcement within the next 24hrs.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
CEO Kaz Hirai
‏@KazHiraiCEO
PS4 sold the most in North America for the ninth consecutive month! We are allowing all our PSN engineers go home early to celebrate!

OMG, I shook with laughter and shed a tear. Didn't piss myself, though.

dracula_x

xWJCW4k.png

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/522868575917191168

Toki767

Playstation Twitter tweeted:

"Breaking: PS4 was September's top-selling console, leading current-gen software sales including Madden NFL 15, NHL 15 & FIFA 15. Thank you"

No mention of Destiny. Maybe it sold more on Xbox One?

Do the Destiny bundles count towards the number?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

"Breaking: PS4 was September's top-selling console, leading current-gen software sales including Madden NFL 15, NHL 15 & FIFA 15. Thank you"

Bundles probably don't count towards games sold....so Destiny could have sold more stand alone copies on the XBO.

Jburton

Banned
Wow that Madden X1 bundle did nothing.

EA really backed the wrong horse.

Bet they are counting the days down to that deal ends.

Einbroch

Banned
seems like he never had a good day to me :/

Then you don't follow him or read what he writes.

This Pachter hate is getting a bit much. The only reason you think he's wrong all the time is because his crazy predictions get posted here and on blogs. He wouldn't have a job if he was wrong all the time. I mean, yeah, he has some really stupid ones, but his smart ones are way more frequent than these.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did really well on 360. That's probably where most of the Halo players still are.

Trouble

Banned
He only does the game stuff for fun, its not even close to the focus of his job.
He's also said he loves trilling the kids on gaf. He does that very well.

It actually is the focus of what he does. His job isn't to predict though. His job is to translate this 'games' stuff into language that institutional investors can understand.

He did an explanation about what his job really is when he did an AMA or something a while back. He basically loves trolling with crazy predictions, because he isn't being paid to make predictions, but people seem to think he is.

Blastoise

Banned
Wow that Madden X1 bundle did nothing.

EA really backed the wrong horse.

Bet they are counting the days down to that deal ends.

EA got paid money for doing nothing. It's not like Madden was a Xbone exclusive. I think EA made the smart move, because Sony probably wouldn't of paid them as much as Microsoft for an exclusive deal.

Verendus

Banned
This is all thanks to the biggest exclusive game of the year, which can only be found on the Playstation 4, Destiny. And every other exclusive game that can only be found on Playstation 4, such as Madden, and NHL.

Phil S.

Banned
We all have our bad days

365 days of the week (366 on a leap year) is pretty good.

EDIT: I think the problem in all seriousness without that previous joke, Pachter wouldn't be so annoying if he understood that just because he is helpful to clients doesn't mean his opinion on whether Nintendo should do this, Microsoft should do that, etc. means a damn to most games, especially when these predictions and advice are so lame. I blame the press who keeps asking him worthless shit that he is only asked because of his "celebrity" status (which should say something about the industry when he's a celebrity in it).

Joeki11a

Banned
What I told you, this guy says the opposite of the obvious facts.

Here is another fact write it down

PS4 will win All of 2014, MS had zero chance
MCC & all types of bundles blah blah wont do anything, the masses want "Playstation".
you cant turn around the effects of their horrible first approach aka E3 that fast.

They have 180 BUT the gamers have continue on a straight path towards PS4. MS will be humbled this Gen, it happens to all 3rd console gen, its their turn to go through this.

Top Bottom