• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Packers TE Jared Cook finds chicken head in take-out order from Buffalo Wild Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoopKid

chicken-head.JPG
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Packers tight end Jared Cook got an unappetizing surprise in his order of chicken wings last week — a fried chicken head.

Cook said he found the head Tuesday as he was at home, eating a carry-out order from Buffalo Wild Wings. He said Friday that he was eating his first wing when he saw the head and “immediately spit my food out.”

He returned his order to the restaurant for a refund. The story got attention Friday after he posted a picture of the head on Twitter.

The restaurant chain said in a statement: “Buffalo Wild Wings takes food preparation, service and quality extremely seriously and we are looking into this situation. We’ve reached out to Jared Cook and our suppliers for more information.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ad-buffalo-wild-wings-order-article-1.2822619

CHC

Mildly jarring, but I mean... it's part of the chicken. I've bought whole chickens from the Latin market near me and hacked the head and feet off myself. Being afraid of the animals we eat is kind of a weird American thing, I don't get it. That's the head, that's what the fucking animal looks like it. If you're gonna eat it you should know that.

Mildly jarring, but I mean... it's part of the chicken. I've bought whole chickens from the Latin market near me and hacked the head and feet off myself. Being afraid of the animals we eat is kind of a weird American thing, I don't get it. That's the head, that's what the fucking animal looks like it. If you're gonna eat it you should know that.

Right? It's just another piece of meat, it's got eyes, the other part didn't.

Amalthea

Banned
Should've taken it home to nail it at his basement wall and worship that head as his new god like every sane person would do.

Uh ok? If I order a hamburger and there is a grilled bull penis on my bun I'm gonna be pissed.

I think in general you're right but I doubt he was afraid of it. He paid for edible wings though, not an inedible head. Plus it calls into question how they prepare food which goes to cleanliness.

jaypah

We are super removed from the process. We grow up eating boneless chicken that came in a fun box with a toy. It wouldn't ruin wings for me but I'd be pretty fucking blowed if I found a chicken head in my wings. I'd still eat the wings tho.

Also Wild Wings kind of sucks.

He's entitled to be grossed out and return the food, but there's a part of me that's amused by it all given how many parts of the chicken are regularly eating depending on where you're looking culturally. It's one thing to find a rat in an order of chicken wings or a roach in a Big Mac, but here you're essentially finding a piece of chicken in your chicken meal.

*shrug*

We are super removed from the process. We grow up eating boneless chicken that came in a fun box with a toy. It wouldn't ruin wings for me but I'd be pretty fucking blowed if I found a chicken head in my wings. I'd still eat the wings tho.

Also Wild Wings kind of sucks.

All of this, pretty much. I'm super conservative when it comes to what I eat vs the rest of my family and extended family (we're Nigerian), so while I dont fuck with chicken head or feet or anything I also don't find the idea of eating it so jarring that it'd leave a mark on me.

commedieu

Banned
Count me in the put it aside and continue eating crew. You're literally eating a chicken. Chickens have heads, genitals, and hearts.

A lot of people aren't going to survive the quickening.

9 out of 10 times it would taste like chicken anyway.

Zombine

Banned
Here's the thing though...yeah it's a chicken head, but you're eating a chicken. People need to get more intimate with their food and stop and think about what they're actually eating before they eat it.

You are his body, bro. Now it's time to eat his head.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Who let Project Pat in the kitchen?

prag16

Banned
This. It's part of the animal that we're eating. There was a head in my order of wings at some restaurant (non-chain) one time years ago. I set it aside and ate the rest. Whatever, big deal. People are so squeamish sometimes. If this is so horrifying maybe you aren't cut out to be an omnivore.

SgtCobra

Send it to Andrew Zimmern
Oh God I can hear him already talking about how the thing has a mineral-like taste followed by him trying to pretend it's the best thing ever, and after that he thanks the kitchen crew by heart for the hospitality. Yeah I'd watch that episode.

People are removed from eating meat, so yeah it's pretty shocking when the head of the animal is just chilling there. I'd be sick too.

And no, it's not 'just another piece of meat'. That's ridiculous. There comes a point where eating meat gets a bit too barabaric. It's not naturally that way, but that's our culture

If it were me?

"I demand unlimited wings and booze for me and my friends for the rest of the night."

*happily eats 30 wings and gets drunk

Syriel

People are removed from eating meat, so yeah it's pretty shocking when the head of the animal is just chilling there. I'd be sick too.

And no, it's not 'just another piece of meat'. That's ridiculous. There comes a point where eating meat gets a bit too barabaric. It's not naturally that way, but that's our culture

Don't ever go out to eat at a Chinese restaurant then.

dream

I never thought I'd see a chicken head more horrific than that McNugget from a few years back, but goddamn.

One time my friend and I were eating at BWW. He got some kind of wrap and straight-up found a screw in it. No idea how that happens but needless to say we made sure they understood how serious it was. I'll never eat at another BWW again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom