• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacman is really hard.

Read this:
02.jpg

It's even written by a doctor. Pro quality.

FightyF

Banned
I'm not good at Pac Man either, but after playing the Ridge Racer 6 intro PacMan for a bit...I did get a lot better after a bunch of practice. Plus I played more aggressively as well...that might have been a factor.

But when it comes to sucking at PacMan, you're not alone!

xsarien

daedsiluap
The Pac-Man game that comes up before Ridge Racer 6 actually loads is approximately 50% of the reason I even bother turning on my 360.

Bearillusion said:
What!!?? Pacman is more Nintendo than Nintendo. It doesn't need buttons.
I'm referring to the olc arcade cabinets that were modded with a 'zoom' buttom. It sped the game up by about 3X, it was fun as hell. There were quite a few bar and arcade with these in North Carolina when I lived there. Lots of moded SFII as well

Red Scarlet

Just get the Strawberry. That's the most important fruit.

How far can you guys get in Pac Man/Ms. Pac Man? I'm lucky to get to stage 3 or 4.

Kuramu

I learned a pattern from my older sister. At age 9 i was able to get to the keys with this pattern. However, you cannot follow the pattern exactly, as the ghosts will make corrections sometimes, so keep on your toes. As i understand it there are quite a few such patterns.

StRaNgE

Banned
Red Scarlet said:

How far can you guys get in Pac Man/Ms. Pac Man? I'm lucky to get to stage 3 or 4.

playing in a bar on a table top i flipped the game to a point where the ghost became invisable and the walls became only effective to contain mrs. pacman herself.

the ghost did what they wanted. fruit would go through walls as well as the ghost would blink and fritz here and there.

i thought it might have been the cabinet but after a couple hours playing on 1 quater (or close to it) at another full size stand up one the same thing happened.

not sure if it's something that high of a score causes on purpose or if the programmers just never wrote itto be played for that long and it makes the machine wanna blow up.

Red Scarlet said:

I may be mistaken, but wasn't there a key instead of a fruit if you got to a really hight level, I remember getting that far, and I DONT mean in super pacman.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Spencerr said:
this thread reminds me of how much I hate namco for patenting having a game in a loading screen. Asshats.

Yeah, I know. That just keeps me up at night for weeks on end.

Red Scarlet

BobTheFork said:
I may be mistaken, but wasn't there a key instead of a fruit if you got to a really hight level, I remember getting that far, and I DONT mean in super pacman.

I have no idea, I suck at the game too much.

Top Bottom