• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paging *ALL* PS3 owners (with 2.40) - Did 2.40 brick your PS3?

androvsky

speevy said:
~150 users, not one brick because of the update so far.

tanod said:
Seriously. Kind of smacks of FUD right now. I wouldn't put it past MS's viral marketing organization to do something like this around a big update for PS3.
I doubt even MS would purposefully do something like that. MS fans... hmmm. I'd hate to think things have gotten that bad.

I did find it amusing that the person who posted the story on Kotaku hadn't updated his firmware since the April 15 update.

Fun fact! Out of the 207 posts that are up as I'm typing this, 33% of that number would be 68, rounded down. Ya know. For perspective.

dork

Banned
whats funny about this thread is, last night people were making this joke

"it bricked my ps3...just kidding this isnt xbox"

and look what happened haha

dork said:
whats funny about this thread is, last night people were making this joke

"it bricked my ps3...just kidding this isnt xbox"

and look what happened haha
yeah, look at allllll those people here with bricked ps3s

Erebus

Speevy said:
Well maybe someone injected special nanomachines into md5 so it would be tricked into thinking the corrupted file was actually working. It's the Patriots.

No, it wasn't the Patriots. It was Mr. Gates who is far worse than the Patriots!

knitoe

1) No
2) N/A
3) N/A

My 60GB better not brick. This is way Sony needs to slow down firmware updates and throughly test them.

Kotaku wrote a story about this? I expect greatness! And greatness I shall receive:

The release of PlayStation 3 firmware 2.40 last night seems to have caused a wide number of issues for those who updated to the new release, as we reported earlier.

FUD ATTACK!

womfalcs3

Banned
fortified_concept said:
Kotaku wrote a story about this? I expect greatness! And greatness I shall receive:

FUD ATTACK!

Kotaku seems to spin a lot of stories just to get clicks. Very unprofessional journalism.

60 GB US - Bought after the 80 was announced

1.) No. Downloaded 2.40 and played Metal Gear for 2 hours. Haven't turned it on since so I'm crossing my fingers.
2.) N/A
3.) N/A

HUELEN10

UPDATE! POSSIBLY SIGNIFICANT INFO.

I have 2.4 and I just decided to play some of my PSN games. I booted up Super Stardust HD, selected Arcade mode, then easy, and nothing happens. black screen for 3 minutes. Similar things have happened with Super Puzzle Fighter 2 and ECHOCHROME. I am re-installing SSHD to see if it helps.

Anyone experience this?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
womfalcs3 said:
Kotaku seems to spin a lot of stories just to get clicks. Very unprofessional journalism.

who cares about journalism when you can make money instead? its not like their visitor base cares, otherwise they wouldnt go to kotaku

chimster

HUELEN10 said:
UPDATE! POSSIBLY SIGNIFICANT INFO.

I have 2.4 and I just decided to play some of my PSN games. I booted up Super Stardust HD, selected Arcade mode, then easy, and nothing happens. black screen for 3 minutes. Similar things have happened with Super Puzzle Fighter 2 and ECHOCHROME. I am re-installing SSHD to see if it helps.

Anyone experience this?

updated my 40gb and played SSHD no problems.

Top Bottom