• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paging *ALL* PS3 owners (with 2.40) - Did 2.40 brick your PS3?

androvsky

HUELEN10 said:
UPDATE! POSSIBLY SIGNIFICANT INFO.

I have 2.4 and I just decided to play some of my PSN games. I booted up Super Stardust HD, selected Arcade mode, then easy, and nothing happens. black screen for 3 minutes. Similar things have happened with Super Puzzle Fighter 2 and ECHOCHROME. I am re-installing SSHD to see if it helps.

Anyone experience this?

Other than the Fatal Inertia demo from two different territories freezing every time before the title screen even after three firmware updates... no, no problems.

Speevy

Banned
HUELEN10 said:

I have 2.4 and I just decided to play some of my PSN games. I booted up Super Stardust HD, selected Arcade mode, then easy, and nothing happens. black screen for 3 minutes. Similar things have happened with Super Puzzle Fighter 2 and ECHOCHROME. I am re-installing SSHD to see if it helps.

Anyone experience this?

Played those games, nothing like that happened.

Somnia

---1. Did this update brick your PS3?
---2. Define "brick" in your case
---3. If it did brick your system, how many times did you reboot your PS3 before it bricked?

1) No
2) N/A
3) N/A

Luigison

HUELEN10 said:

Anyone experience this?
Did you install it over the demo or get the 4.0 update? I couldn't get the full version of SSHD to install with the demo last night, but after deleting the demo it worked fine. I haven't had a problem with any of my games. As I said last night I think it was merely that the full edition thought the demo was newer because of the 4.0 SSHD update.

soldat7

The update has caused my 80GB PS3 to freeze twice, once while trying to connect to the online Store and once when I went into my Network Settings. Also firing up God of War cause horrible white static on the screen and a tremendous roar through my speakers. The game booted up and played OK after that but the in-game HUD wigged out on occasion. I've put in about 6 hours into it prior to the update and these issues never occurred.

I'm kinda afraid to fire it up again, to be honest...

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
1. no
2. n/a
3. n/a

Launch 60gig NA PS3 with upgraded HD to 120gig on the network via wifi using a DS3 and a condom.

I thought I posted in this earlier, but I don't see my post, so sorry if this is a double.

HUELEN10

Luigison said:
Did you install it over the demo or get the 4.0 update? I couldn't get the full version of SSHD to install with the demo last night, but after deleting the demo it worked fine. I haven't had a problem with any of my games. As I said last night I think it was merely that the full edition thought the demo was newer because of the 4.0 SSHD update.
I have never downloaded a Demo of it. Didn't even know there was one.

reakt

StreetDisciple said:
Thanks for posting, I was right about to ask why my ps3 wasn't recognizing the new update.

No worries. Hang in there - I'm sure Sony will have the firmware fixed very soon. It's working fine on my PS3 but now I'm a little nervous about switching the thing on in case it breaks!

60 GB launch unit upgraded to 160GB HDD.

1. No
2. N/A
3. N/A

I messaged everyone I could think of in my immediate family and friends circle too:

2 60GB units: no, no [one stock, one with upgraded HDD]
4 20GB units: no (x4) [1 stock, 3 with upgraded HDD]
3 80GB units: no, no, no [all stock units]

spwolf

reakt said:
No worries. Hang in there - I'm sure Sony will have the firmware fixed very soon. It's working fine on my PS3 but now I'm a little nervous about switching the thing on in case it breaks!

how can it break after working fine? Dont worry... well, unless you worry about meteorites hitting you while going outside, in that case, be very worried...

:)

Top Bottom