• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 11, 2016

Yeah, Tuesday release plus big initial numbers mean it was likely to be in the 70% range

Didn't SF5 have smaller second week drop but people were saying it was a larger than normal drop and due to bad word of mouth?

You could say here then that The Division has been effected by bad WOM but it wouldn't be any more true than it was about SF5.

Didn't SF5 have smaller second week drop but people were saying it was a larger than normal drop and due to bad word of mouth?

You could say here then that The Division has been effected by bad WOM but it wouldn't be any more true than it was about SF5.
Yep, I noticed it too. The drop was in line with the typical drop but you know how that goes with whatever game is currently the "it" game.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Damn, i just noted Knack outsold Halo 5!

Guess is time to update this photo.

CeE0VhoWwAMtQOZ.jpg

ethomaz

Banned

100% this.

The drop is normal but people changes the agenda according with the game lol

Ryng_tolu

Banned
By now, i will start a comparation between Watch Dogs and The Division, the battle for the bigger Ubisoft IP in UK! First 10 weeks comparation.

THE DIVISION
[WEEK 1] 277,000 / 277,000
[WEEK 2] 74,790 / 351,790

Watch_Dogs
[WEEK 1] 388,000 / 388,000
[WEEK 2] 73,720 / 461,720
[WEEK 3] 39,071 / 500,791
[WEEK 4] 23,052 / 523,843
[WEEK 5] 17,980 / 541,823
[WEEK 6] 14,384 / 556,207
[WEEK 7] 11,794 / 568,001
[WEEK 8] 10,378 / 578,379
[WEEK 9] 10,689 / 589,068
[WEEK 10] 11,009 / 600,077

Raist

Banned
I wanna Germany chaaaaaaaaaaaaart. :D

THe only thing they published for Week 10 is a top 5 which doesn't even have the previous week positions for what's in there. I'm not even sure that top 5 is correct. It's 3.5 for the Division anyway.

So I don't know if someone fucked up, if they don't care anymore, if they just realized that there's some guy in the UK making bogus free trial accounts every 3 weeks and they automatically redirect my IP to some fake page or something. We'll see this week, I guess.

jaina

Thanks for the effort Raist!
I'm pretty sure the top 5 is the only thing Gfk published last week. Maybe all people familiar with the process were unfortunately sick or on vacation. Curious what happens this week and whether the other one gets updated to a top 100.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
THe only thing they published for Week 10 is a top 5 which doesn't even have the previous week positions for what's in there. I'm not even sure that top 5 is correct. It's 3.5 for the Division anyway.

So I don't know if someone fucked up, if they don't care anymore, if they just realized that there's some guy in the UK making bogus free trial accounts every 3 weeks and they automatically redirect my IP to some fake page or something. We'll see this week, I guess.

Don't sorry, Thanks for all anyway. :D

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Knack killing all the exclusives this gen lol.halo. Bloodborne. Etc has it outsold splatoon or is splatoon goat? And within a year too.

Dude that knack talk is a joke lol.

It sold great and all since it sold over 1 million, but is not even close with Bloodborne, Halo, Splatoon ecc worlwide.

ShamePain

Banned
I love how people keep ignoring it week after week, but Forza 6 stays solidly in the charts and has been above Halo 5 and most other titles for a while now. Secretly MS' biggest exclusive?

Hasney

I love how people keep ignoring it week after week, but Forza 6 stays solidly in the charts and has been above Halo 5 and most other titles for a while now. Secretly MS' biggest exclusive?

Not ignoring it, was mentioned last week. It dropped under £20 for the first time.

Forza 6 doing well.

Wonder how it fares 6 months in compared to Forza 4. Forza 6 launch was quite low for the franchise but I'd guess its back up there.

If they keep coming out this frequent, I expect them to keep following a similar trend. I don't think you need a new racing game every year or two, so may as well get them when they're cheap.

I don;t like playing Driveclub, especially compared to either Forza, but I wish they would take a page out of their book for the level of support.

I kind of agree. It's a bit of a weird one. I think I am ok with one every 2 years, I can't wait for forza horizon 3. I really enjoy that franchise.

Ooops Double post, sorry. Thought I edited

Yeah at this point they might get as well use Forza 6 as a service, with free and paid updates. I can picture all the eyes rolling when Forza 7 is announced next year. I'm a Forza fan but I really don't need a new game every two years. Horizon is a bit different because it's a whole new area and soundtrack etc so I'm ok with one every 2 years personally.

Remember the report for the 20th anniversary of the SELL? Well, it's physical only.
So here it is, finally. Sorry, no numbers.

France top 20 by GfK
No digital, no bundles.

Lucky Luke, Astérix and Titeuf: some of the biggest french comics.
Les Razmoket = Rugrats
Le Monde de Nemo = Finding Nemo
Les Indestructibles = The Incredibles.

Could also be that the game had horrible first week sales and even a normal drop is bad when you didn't sell much in the first place.

zsidane

Looking at the charts and you relaise that the DC did so horrible numbers that it looks like it was never out there :(
I imported mine from France...

^
PES consistently above FIFA for 5 consecutive years then.....whooooooosshh.
Then Konami fucks up everything.

ethomaz

Banned
per @VG_Dave

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4_outselling_xbox_one_by_approximately_1m_units_in_uk.html

UK consoles sales are 5.1m, according to game, so looks like 3m PS4, 2m Xbox one is the ball park split.
They did a update.

[UPDATE: Following the publication of this story, MCV has reported that actual UK sales could be high as 5.4m, stating that Xbox One may have sold up to 2.4m units.]

In any case it is way lower for Xbone than the worst estimates like 2.5m @ Halo 5 launch.

Raist

Banned
Still nothing on the German charts. End of an era?

Also Egmont (of which Nordisk Film, the official distributor for Sony in the Nordic countries) have released their 2015 report. Was hoping for a HW number update as usual, but this time they only mention that the PS4 continues to outpace the PS3.

They did a update.

[UPDATE: Following the publication of this story, MCV has reported that actual UK sales could be high as 5.4m, stating that Xbox One may have sold up to 2.4m units.]

In any case it is way lower for Xbone than the worst estimates like 2.5m @ Halo 5 launch.

Well presumably the PS4 was over 3M back in January, so if it's 5.4 now the XB1 can't be at 2.4.

Moonstone

Still nothing on the German charts. End of an era?

Gamefront.de publishes on fridays per platform Top 3. But that is not satisfying.
There is also the gamersmarkt pdf magazine with TOP 50. But I don't think that charts are gone now.

Last week:

PS4
1. (NEU) Tom Clancy's The Division (Ubisoft)
2. ( 1 ) Far Cry Primal Special Edition (Ubisoft)
5. (NEU) Tom Clancy's The Division Sleeper Agent Edition (Ubisoft)

Xbox One
1. (NEU) Tom Clancy's The Division (Ubisoft)
2. ( 1 ) Far Cry Primal Special Edition (Ubisoft)
3. (NEU) Tom Clancy's The Division Sleeper Agent Edition (Ubisoft)

PS3
1. ( 1 ) FIFA 16 (EA)
2. ( 3 ) Minecraft (Sony)
3. ( 2 ) Far Cry 4 (Ubisoft)

Xbox 360
1. ( 1 ) Minecraft (Microsoft)
2. ( 3 ) Far Cry 4 (Ubisoft)
3. ( 2 ) FIFA 16 (EA)

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Thanks for that chart Oscar!

I really hope to see again Germany chart soon, it was my favourite part of the PAL thread, more than the UK chart. :(

Welfare

They did a update.

But MCV previously reported 5.5m not 5.4m. Must've been prelim numbers at that point.

PS4 passed 3m sometime in January, and 5.4m is as of January 23rd.

Highest XB1 can be by then would be >2.3m

Also who estimated 2.5m back in October? That's crazy.

ShamePain

Banned
Not ignoring it, was mentioned last week. It dropped under £20 for the first time.

Yeah, I think the point is the franchise is still fairly popular out there, with a yearly release schedule of alternating Motorsport/Horizon that can share most expensive assets (cars, engine, etc.) Forza is here to stay for years to come, and honestly T10 is probably the most efficient and with the most proven track record of all MS 1st party devs, it would be dumb to lose them, when they manage to fill the gaps in software so well and with excellent games no less.

Hasney

Yeah, I think the point is the franchise is still fairly popular out there, with a yearly release schedule of alternating Motorsport/Horizon that can share most expensive assets (cars, engine, etc.) Forza is here to stay for years to come, and honestly T10 is probably the most efficient and with the most proven track record of all MS 1st party devs, it would be dumb to lose them, when they manage to fill the gaps in software so well and with excellent games no less.

Totally, it's a great franchise and I'm still an GT fanboy, but I adore mainline Forza. Horizon is pretty fun, but the 30fps gets in the way for me.

I just feel that I'm not going to buy a new racing game with minor changes every 2 years at launch. Forza 7, with a PC that can output at 4k/60fps hopefully at that point? Oh hell yes I'm in day 1.

ethomaz

Banned
But MCV previously reported 5.5m not 5.4m. Must've been prelim numbers at that point.

PS4 passed 3m sometime in January, and 5.4m is as of January 23rd.

Highest XB1 can be by then would be >2.3m

Also who estimated 2.5m back in October? That's crazy.
MCV reported "around 5.5m".
Looks like a they rounded up a little the data.

Yeap looks like PS4 increased the gap over Xbone in UK.

New UK chart up

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

1 1 TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION PS4 UBISOFT UBISOFT
2 2 TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION XB ONE UBISOFT UBISOFT
3 3 EA SPORTS UFC 2 PS4 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
6 4 FAR CRY PRIMAL PS4 UBISOFT UBISOFT
9 5 FAR CRY PRIMAL XB ONE UBISOFT UBISOFT
4 6 EA SPORTS UFC 2 XB ONE EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
16 7 FIFA 16 PS4 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
7 8 FIFA 16 XB ONE EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
8 9 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III PS4 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
12 10 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III XB ONE ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
13 11 GRAND THEFT AUTO V PS4 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
37 12 UNCHARTED: THE NATHAN DRAKE COLLECTION PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
15 13 GRAND THEFT AUTO V XB ONE ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
25 14 STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT PS4 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 15 HYRULE WARRIORS: LEGENDS 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
5 16 POKKÉN TOURNAMENT WII U NINTENDO NINTENDO
10 17 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE 2 XB ONE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 18 STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT XB ONE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
11 19 FORZA MOTORSPORT 6 XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
35 20 TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE PS4 UBISOFT UBISOFT

Hasney

Only entry in into the top 10 is FIFA 16 PS4. Yawn.

It’s a third week at No1 for ‘Tom Clancy’s The Division’ (-35%) in this week’s All Formats Chart.

It’s a feat not managed by a Ubisoft title since the launch of ‘Watch Dogs’ in May 2014. Last week’s debutant ‘EA Sports UFC 2’ (-51%) remains at No2 while a resurgent ‘Far Cry Primal’ (+132%) rides retailer promotions up two places to No3. Several familiar faces benefit from Easter weekend promotions this week but it’s outside the Top 10 that the debutants make their mark. Nintendo’s ‘Hyrule Warriors: Legends’ is the highest new entry landing for 3DS at No13 while another Ubisoft title in the form of ‘Trackmania Turbo’ also arrives for PS4 and Xbox One at No21.

Ouch at Trackmania though. XB1 version didn't even chart.

EDIT: XB1 version debuted at 20 on the XB1 only charts.

Top Bottom