• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 14, 2008

Opiate

It took me one thread to understand the disparities in weeks between countries, and specifically the delay on a few major countries like France.

You'd either cause confusion by bumping old threads, or you cause confusion by keeping all of this weeks news (however old it may be) in the appropriate thread. If you're going to cause a bit of confusion either way, might as well stay tidy and keep the PAL charts in one thread a week, not three.

bcn-ron said:
Of course it works fine for the current stuff, it's labeled, so we can easily figure out what the carts refer to. Just for archival purposes it would be a little nicer to have all the data for one week contained in one thread. Say, I want to look up the charts for week 5 for whatever devious reasons I might have. Because that data is scattered around, I have to locate three different threads to collect everything.

I understand that having three threads bumping around on the front-page might seem annoying. I don't know what kind of arrangement, if any, you have with sp0rsk, that's why I was asking. I was just curious.
For archive purposes the charts fitting the week could be edited in later but that's a bit too much to ask from Raist and Felepiko, who do enough work as is.

nli10

Raist said:
1zgyw5i.png

UK :
ALL FORMATS TOP 50: MARCHhttp://www.mcvuk.com/interviews/230/UK-March-Charts-Analysis

03. Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training (DS) Nintendo
15. More Brain Training (DS) Nintendo
23. Sight Training (DS) Nintendo
28. Professor Kagayama’s Maths Training (DS) Nintendo
36. 42 All Time Classics (DS) Nintendo
44. Big Brain Academy (Wii) Nintendo
47. Mario Kart DS (DS) Nintendo

Wow - seems the Training Series has still got what it takes. Maths training is actually quite good (i'm level 10!).

Mario Kart Wii encouraged me to finally finish unlocking all karts for all players on Mario Kart DS this weekend while out & about - amazing it's still selling in the 2nd biggest period of the year for UK games market (Nov/Dec/Jan is bigger, but Mar/Apr is 2nd).

Glad BBA has had sustained sales, probably the best thought out 1st party Wii casual title other than sports.

felipeko

Hm..

About the thread, i guess we could just edit the old ones, while keeping the discussion on the latest thread (since raist always post the charts here anyway)...

szaromir

Banned
Last week's UK sales
http://www.charttrack.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Mario Kart Wii #1

Nintendo overtakes Sony’s ‘Gran Turismo 5: Prologue’ at the top of the All Formats Chart as ‘Mario Kart Wii’ records the 8th biggest launch week ever in the UK. ‘Mario Kart Wii’ is far and away the biggest launch of any Nintendo published title. It’s also bigger than the launch weeks of all 5 other Mario Wii games combined (Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers, Mario Party 8 and Super Paper Mario).

Mario has performed heroically on Nintendo’s next-gen format with Wii games featuring Mario accounting for 21.2% of all Wii units since the launch of the console in December 2006. There are now 4 Mario games in the All Formats Top 40 with Sega’s ‘Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games’ down one place to No3 (behind ‘Gran Turismo 5: Prologue), ‘New Super Mario Bros’ at No23 and ‘Mario Kart DS’ an All Formats Top 40 re-entry at No30. ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2008’, another strong performer on Nintendo Wii, is a non-mover at No4, while Ubisoft’s ‘Rainbow Six: Vegas 2’ continues to lose ground, down 2 places to No5. Sales of ‘Condemned 2’ from Sega fall by 20% in its second week, down from No5 to No6, while Activision still have an All Formats Top 10 presence thanks to ‘Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock’ only falling 2 places to No8 and ‘Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’ climbing one place to No9. The new DS and PC versions of Ubisoft’s ‘Assassin’s Creed’ help it sneak back up the chart, up from No27 to No15, but otherwise there are no All Format Top 40 new entries this week to compete with the blockbuster ‘Mario Kart Wii’.

Raist

Banned
2ziy2o3.png

Italy :
Week 13, 2008http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.php?s=&showtopic=429326&view=findpost&p=8151792

01 (__) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (SCE)
02 (01) [NDS] Cooking Mama 2 [BI(505 Games)[/I]
03 (__) [PSP] God Of War Chains Of Olympus (SCE)
04 (03) [PSP] PES 2008 (Konami)
05 (08) [PS2] PES 2008 (Konami)
06 (__) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
07 (10) [NDS] Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo)
08 (02) [360] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Ubisoft)
09 (04) [NDS] Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
10 (__) [PS2] GTA San Andreas Platinum (Take 2)

Apparently GT5P sold 6x more than CM2 (and 25% more than all other titles combined)

Raist said:
2ziy2o3.png

Italy :
Week 13, 2008http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.php?s=&showtopic=429326&view=findpost&p=8151792

01 (__) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (SCE)
02 (01) [NDS] Cooking Mama 2 [BI(505 Games)[/I]
03 (__) [PSP] God Of War Chains Of Olympus (SCE)
04 (03) [PSP] PES 2008 (Konami)
05 (08) [PS2] PES 2008 (Konami)
06 (__) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
07 (10) [NDS] Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo)
08 (02) [360] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Ubisoft)
09 (04) [NDS] Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
10 (__) [PS2] GTA San Andreas Platinum (Take 2)

Apparently GT5P sold 6x more than CM2 (and 25% more than all other titles combined)

nor way!!!!

Top Bottom