• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 2, 2014

Moonstone

GTA V for PS3 didn't reach 1 million... it is between 500k and 1 million in sales.

It did. After 6 weeks and fastest selling game ever. BIU has no official award category for this, but there was a press release mentioning it. Same for Fifa 12,13 in the years before.

itFwuZwiAUeuD.gif

The public has spoken

iBEdLUskP2UiJ.gif

God, he is such an ugly fucking character. Who in their right mind greenlit that design.

Be interesting to see how the first mulitplats sell on each platform. Starting with Tomb Raider in a couple weeks. Though not getting the splits is really going to ruin all the fun.

gtj1092

Be interesting to see how the first mulitplats sell on each platform. Starting with Tomb Raider in a couple weeks. Though not getting the splits is really going to ruin all the fun.

What do you mean by the first? Sure it will sell like all the other multiplats on the chart Ps4>xone.

Kosma

Banned

You can already see how they are selling no.

Ghosts, Fifa, Ass Creed, Need for Speed...

What do you mean by the first? Sure it will sell like all the other multiplats on the chart Ps4>xone.

You can already see how they are selling no.

Ghosts, Fifa, Ass Creed, Need for Speed...

Sorry I meant first mulitplat after launch. And when they are both released at the same time (unlike launch which wasn't aligned).

It'll be interesting to see if it's close or one sells a lot more than the other. It's like the next test after launch.

Steroyd

Sorry I meant first mulitplat after launch. And when they are both released at the same time (unlike launch which wasn't aligned).

It'll be interesting to see if it's close or one sells a lot more than the other. It's like the next test after launch.

It seems the PS4 multiplat sales at least is still flip flopping depending on stock, not that it'll have a direct impact on the initial sales, but doesn't tell the whole story either.

SmokyDave

It's going to be an interesting year, for sure. When is the PS Vita coming to Europe again?
Uncharted: GA re-entered the Vita specific charts at number 4, so at least one Vita was sold last week, maybe as many as 4 or 5. So there.

People celebrating Knack sales. Some people just want to see the world burn.
Plucky new IP knocks tired old annual franchise flat on its ass. It's a feel good story for gamers of all ages.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned

They know deep down that it's really a sale of a console that's making that game sell. People aren't picking up that title off a shelf and buying it, they are opening a larger box with a ps4 in it and trading that junk straight back in.

KACK is not selling on its own....

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
Interviewer - "Mr. Cerny, how do you respond to claims that Knack was inspired by Super Mario 3D World?"

Cerny - "It's not an idea we got from anywhere else. I'm sorry but I have to admit that I've never seen the game in question. Is it a PC game?"

Valkyria

Banned
They know deep down that it's really a sale of a console that's making that game sell. People aren't picking up that title off a shelf and buying it, they are opening a larger box with a ps4 in it and trading that junk straight back in.

Tell us how you really feel.

Hasney

Although that was true for my brother, he actually loved and finished Knack and wants a sequel.

He only finished GTAV on his PS3 due to his FIFA addicition, so I was quite shocked when he shoved a photo of the credits up on FB. Really glad I bought him that pack instead of KZ.

Why don't they simply buy the standard PS4 edition instead of paying 35 quid more for the bundle if they didn't want it?

knackgotemshookahr6d.gif

I believe this too since I never seen a KACK before

The Knack supporters are all trolls (myself included)

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member

Clearly if they don't count the total worldwide sales for both games. Let's just say it needed the bundle otherwise it would be another just another Tearaway or Puppeteer.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Clearly if they don't count the total worldwide sales for both games. Let's just say it needed the bundle otherwise it would be another just another Tearaway or Puppeteer.

Don't you dare compare the likes of Knack to great games like Tearaway or Puppeteer. It's insulting.

Yes I know you were only talking about sales.

pswii60

Having played through both SM3DW and Knack, I can officially say that where SM3DW is 10 on a scale, Knack is down at around 2.1. Actually, don't even get me started.

SM3DW isn't its own problem, Wii U is. Knack isn't its own success, PS4 is.

EDIT: I feel sorry for the incredibly great minds that worked on SM3DW. Nintendo has let them down.

lol, of course we know that, but we aren't going to stop having fun with it. Post more gifs guys!

What are the total worldwide sales for both games?

I have no idea but I would guesstimate about a million for Mario 3D World and 400 - 500 000 for Knack.

Hopefully Knack keeps selling well, I would love a sequel with a bigger budget and a much longer development time, they could make it the de facto PS platformer ! :). A Vita spinoff Knack would also be welcome.

Asd202

Having played through both SM3DW and Knack, I can officially say that where SM3DW is 10 on a scale, Knack is down at around 2.1. Actually, don't even get me started.

SM3DW isn't its own problem, Wii U is. Knack isn't its own success, PS4 is.

EDIT: I feel sorry for the incredibly great minds that worked on SM3DW. Nintendo has let them down.

No shit? People are just having fun with the numbers.

Top Bottom