• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 21, 2016

Hasney

To be honest, it was hard to buy a PS4 without UC4 and Ratchet last week, but if you're buying a PS4 right now anyway, they're probably the games you want.

Seems like most of the thirst I commented on earlier seems to be on PC based on threads here, Reddit and a few of the other places. Still, all in all not a bad performance for a game with no TV advertising and a new IP. Like the blurb says, Blizzards best console debut ever.

Can confirm from a the few people I know who are interested, they all bought it on PC. I was going to get it, but seeing as I won't have anyone to play it with on PS4, I'll stick with DOOM.

Hasney

Can confirm from a the few people I know who are interested, they all bought it on PC. I was going to get it, but seeing as I won't have anyone to play it with on PS4, I'll stick with DOOM.

I should probably get the word out that PS4 players can play with Hasney. Probably be a good sales boost.

Hasney

Eh, that's reason enough to go X1 to be honest...

Seriously though, how's the game on PS4? How's the community so far?

If Phil Spencer is reading this, I'm open to a deal.

PS4 has been great honestly. If you don't mind losing, just play the game and pick whatever character you want. It takes seconds to find a game and there's barely any insulting. If you want to play to win, hit up the GAF list spreadsheet or ask on the Discord GAF server when you want to play in the EU game and you can get a good team together. I am a Team Fortress 2 fanboy and I've had such a blast so far, despite my friends being on PC.

If Phil Spencer is reading this, I'm open to a deal.

PS4 has been great honestly. If you don't mind losing, just play the game and pick whatever character you want. It takes seconds to find a game and there's barely any insulting. If you want to play to win, hit up the GAF list spreadsheet or ask on the Discord GAF server when you want to play in the EU game and you can get a good team together. I am a Team Fortress 2 fanboy and I've had such a blast so far, despite my friends being on PC.

I like the barely any insulting, that's pretty much the only issue I have playing with randoms. I can give as good as I get, but it gets so boring calling every little shit a dozy cunt.

Hmm. I'm tempted to pick it up, but it also feels like a game that will drop in sooner rather than later...

Yeah, I'm referring to the U.K., shouldn't consumers at this point have gotten used to EU being last?

Eh. Pretty much every western localization nowadays gets EU release within week of US release. It's Nintendo (and Atlus) that are still living the 90s in terms of delaying the games in EU for no reason.

Considering the hype and (interestingly) high review scores for Overwatch the sales are average at best. Im guessing the NPDs sales will reflect that also.

UC4 and ratchet are selling well but are bundled with all worthwhile bundles here, so those results should be expected and tbh id expect UC4 to be selling more taking the bundles into account.

chadskin

Should get the German BIU Sales Awards in the next couple of days at least. I've been watching the Amazon.de 2016 bestsellers list and UC4 now moved ahead of The Division for the year: https://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/2016/videogames/

Both The Division and 8th-ranked Far Cry Primal sold >200K since release (and >100K in their first month). Would be quite astonishing if UC4 did >200K in its first month.

noobie

Banned
Should get the German BIU Sales Awards in the next couple of days at least. I've been watching the Amazon.de 2016 bestsellers list and UC4 now moved ahead of The Division for the year: https://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/2016/videogames/

Both The Division and 8th-ranked Far Cry Primal sold >200K since release (and >100K in their first month). Would be quite astonishing if UC4 did >200K in its first month.

which award TLOU, U3 and U2 got in Germany?

BKK

They've only started giving these out beginning in January 2015, so prior data is not available.

TLoU R got the >200K sales award in May 2015.

They gave them since 2008, but the links are now dead and BIU website is blocked with robots.txt on archive.org. They're probably still about somewhere on the internet.

Guymelef

Spain (May 23-29)

1- Overwatch PC (+8.000)
2- Uncharted 4 (7.000) (+100.000)
3- Overwatch PS4 (6.000)
4- Total War Warhammer (+4.500)
5- Yo-Kai Watch (4.200-4.300) (+26.000)

Very nice for physical versions of Overwatch PC and Total War.

Overwatch consoles is 6.000-6.500 so imagine XBO sales...

Bruno MB

Spain (May 23-29)

1- Overwatch PC (+8.000)
2- Uncharted 4 (7.000) (+100.000)
3- Overwatch PS4 (6.000)
4- Total War Warhammer (+4.500)
5- Yo-Kai Watch (4.200-4.300) (+26.000)

Very nice for physical versions of Overwatch PC and Total War.

Overwatch consoles is 6.000-6.500 so imagine XBO sales...

I checked yesterday the Swiss charts and the PC version of Overwatch was the best selling SKU so I'm not surprised to see it leading the Spanish charts.

For most multiplatform games the ratio of PlayStation 4 sales to Xbox One seems to be around 9:1. For more mainstream games the difference can increase up to 18:1 as in the case of FIFA 16.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Yokay Watch beast train continue! Dat insane legs. :D

I'm really surprised OverWatch on PC sold more than the PS4 version, in general, i'm impressed by those PC retail sales. Considering how big is the digital on PC, that's huge.

Also, OverWatch sales on XBO... welp.

Kyonashi

06/Jun/2016
Activision’s ‘Overwatch’ (-54%) holds on to the crown for a second week as it heads an unchanged Top 3.

‘Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End’ (-27%) is at No2 while Bethesda’s ‘Doom’ (-33%) remains at No3. Price promotions and bundling (and perhaps an upcoming tournament) continue to propel ‘Fifa 16’ (+65%) up the chart as it climbs back to No4. The highest ranking new release comes in the form of a re-release as ‘Dead Island: Definitive Edition’ rises at No5. Koch Media combine re-mastered versions of Dead Island and its sequel Dead Island: Riptide for PS4 and Xbox One. The half term break continues to draw strong sales for more familiar faces with ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ (+66%) the chief benefactor climbing four places to No6. Koch Media’s second Top 10 title ‘Homefront: The Revolution’ (-36%) slips six places to round of the Top 10 at No10.
There’s also a new entry in the cult One Piece series as Bandai Namco’s ‘One Piece: Burning Blood’, which makes its debut at No37.

Week 22 summary in.

Saty

Activision’s ‘Overwatch’ (-54%) holds on to the crown for a second week as it heads an unchanged Top 3.

‘Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End’ (-27%) is at No2 while Bethesda’s ‘Doom’ (-33%) remains at No3. Price promotions and bundling (and perhaps an upcoming tournament) continue to propel ‘Fifa 16’ (+65%) up the chart as it climbs back to No4. The highest ranking new release comes in the form of a re-release as ‘Dead Island: Definitive Edition’ rises at No5. Koch Media combine re-mastered versions of Dead Island and its sequel Dead Island: Riptide for PS4 and Xbox One. The half term break continues to draw strong sales for more familiar faces with ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ (+66%) the chief benefactor climbing four places to No6. Koch Media’s second Top 10 title ‘Homefront: The Revolution’ (-36%) slips six places to round of the Top 10 at No10.

There’s also a new entry in the cult One Piece series as Bandai Namco’s ‘One Piece: Burning Blood’, which makes its debut at No37.

Top Bottom