• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 38, 2015

Bruno MB

(95%) numbers are rounded to the nearest hundred

Week 37, 2015 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 38,100
02 (NE) XBO FORZA MOTORSPORT 6 (MICROSOFT)
03 (NE) XBO DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 22,700
04 (NE) PS4 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2016 (KONAMI)
05 (01) PS4 METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (KONAMI)
06 (02) WIU SUPER MARIO MAKER (NINTENDO)
07 (03) PS4 MAD MAX (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
08 (NE) 360 DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 4,700
09 (07) XBO GEARS OF WAR: ULTIMATE EDITION (MICROSOFT)
10 (04) XBO METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (KONAMI)
11 (06) PS4 UNTIL DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
12 (05) XBO MAD MAX (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
13 (NE) XBO PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2016 (KONAMI)
14 (08) 360 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
15 (__) XBO CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
16 (NE) PS4 RUGBY LEAGUE LIVE 3 (ALTERNATIVE)
17 (10) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
18 (09) 360 DISNEY INFINITY 3.0 (DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS)
19 (NE) PS4 NHL 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
20 (13) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
21 (NE) XBO RUGBY LEAGUE LIVE 3 (ALTERNATIVE)
22 (11) 360 LEGO JURASSIC WORLD (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
23 (__) XBO TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
24 (NE) PS3 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2016 (KONAMI)
25 (17) PS4 DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
26 (24) XBO MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
27 (15) PS4 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
28 (16) PS4 BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
29 (28) PS3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
30 (NE) PS3 DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 1,300

tzare

Forza 6 is sitting at <400,000 a week after release its doing just fine.

I got that number by checking the Rio track for the S class leader boards(anyone who plays the game with an online connection will post a time). I'm currently ranked 135,000 and in the top 32% of scores.

Everyone loves overacting in sales threads.

Unique players. New way of tracking sales it seems

Imo the Destiny number although a little low must mean sweet fa.

I think Destiny has an insane digital attachment ratio compared to other large AAA titles, where probably a lot of TKK sales occur.

People didn't buy forza 6 because they are waiting on forza 7.

Ha! Love that this meme is still a thing.

95% of all British people (over the age of 12 obviously) are waiting for Fifa 16 the next week, which explains the somewhat terribly low Forza 8 sales.

Couldn't that include multiple gamer tags from just 1 copy though? Like if friends logged in on your console or family have their own gamertag on your console?

It could, but how many would you honestly attribute to that #. I just did a clean lap because I hadn't raced that track since day 1 with all assist on, and did a clean lap and am now ranked 4535 and in the top 1%. So that's at least 448,965 accounts that have played the game. So even if you want to say 48,000 are on a shared account its still over 400k.

Ombala

Forza 6 is sitting at <400,000 a week after release its doing just fine.

I got that number by checking the Rio track for the S class leader boards(anyone who plays the game with an online connection will post a time). I'm currently ranked 135,000 and in the top 32% of scores.

Everyone loves overacting in sales threads.

Werent there a demo with the Rio track?

GHG

genre fatigue I think

Nothing to do with genre fatigue.

They ruined a lot of what the franchise stood for with Forza 5 IMO. They have also ignored a lot of fan requests for certain features that were some of the best features in previous entries.

I think in term of racing games like Forza 5-6 and DriveClub, it is better to go for expansion packs instead of releasing a brand new game every year. I am fine with DriveClub getting more expansions in the future adding new cars/dlcs instead of getting a rushed DriveClub 2. They can release the sequel when they are certain that there is a lot to add in the game in term of features.

They ruined a lot of what the franchise stood for with Forza 5 IMO. They have also ignored a lot of fan requests for certain features that were some of the best features in previous entries.

Forza 5 seemed like something decent enough to play for the launch. I would give it a pass for being barebones and if I was an early adopter I'd be thrilled that Forza 5 exists at launch.

darkwing

But F6 got high reviews

GHG

Forza 5 seemed like something decent enough to play for the launch. I would give it a pass for being barebones and if I was an early adopter I'd be thrilled that Forza 5 exists at launch.

Forza 5 was dogshit in many ways though. You'd still be thrilled even if its not very good?

Jigorath

Banned
(95%)

XBO Forza Motorsport 6 >22,700 <38,100

XBO Forza Horizon 2 >37,700 <51,500

This franchise needs a break. Yearly installments are hurting it.

Taken King is kind of bad but I'd assume most of the sales are digital given the game is an expansion.

I really don't think sims should come out bi yearly .
Have one and then update it with DLC and expansion .
After a year or two bring a GOTY edition with all the DD content .

xrnzaaas

Heh, and here I was wondering why so many of my PSN friends are currently playing Destiny (I don't follow the news on what's happening with the game). :)

As for other games, I'm surprised too see PES not having a great debut. That's another game I'm not interested in at all, but I always thought that PES wasn't that far behind FIFA when it comes to popularity amongst gamers.

EGM1966

So fairly low week all things considered at retail?

• I'm guessing TTK saw a lot of digital sales for various reasons
  • Forza 6 sales look lower than is good for a mainline entry. Less that FH2 and FH5 if I'm reading the thread right. That's not good. It feels to me the franchise has had too many games pushed out too close together. I also think FH5 rought edges and FH2 actually cannibalizing interest towards the open world version didn't help either.
  • Tearaway is a travesty of justice but it feels oddly fitting for a Vita associated game. Just hope GR and GR2 do better.

Lot of games relying of a decent, steady tail it seems unless they have huge opening. Speaking of which Until Dawn seems to be popping up well enough still in PAL charts it seems.

Finally no PAL traditional GIF I see: what's going on?

Considering how sim games are dead in US and UK is the only place in Europe where XBO does well I really wonder how Forza games make money nowadays.

Jigorath

Banned
Don't think Horizon series need any break yet.

Horizon is easy to make difference because they will develop the game with whole different location, unlike Motorsport which is always that 20+ tracks.

I doubt the average consumer cares about the differences between Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport. They just see a new Forza every year, and I think it's hurting sales.

wapplew

Considering how sim games are dead in US and UK is the only place in Europe where XBO does well I really wonder how Forza games make money nowadays.

By making a lot of them with reuse asset. /jk
Last time i heard, Forza on Xbox one have 7m unique players I'm sure it doing just fine.

Paganmoon

It could, but how many would you honestly attribute to that #. I just did a clean lap because I hadn't raced that track since day 1 with all assist on, and did a clean lap and am now ranked 4535 and in the top 1%. So that's at least 448,965 accounts that have played the game. So even if you want to say 48,000 are on a shared account its still over 400k.

Wouldn't the ranking be worldwide?

I doubt the average consumer cares about the differences between Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport. They just see a new Forza every year, and I think it's hurting sales.

Seeing Horizon 2 did better than 1 in way less install base i can't agree with that.

And i think even average consumer can notice the difference between Horizon and Motorsport, i mean, even the boxart style is way different, and the "Horizon" logo is almost same text size as "Forza".

We will see how it goes for Horizon 3.

Bruno MB

[Week 38, 2015] PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2016 (KONAMI) >21,700 <27,600

PlayStation 4 - 68%
Xbox One - 17%
PlayStation 3 - 8%
Xbox 360 - 6%

Next week Fifa 16 will debut selling 40 times more.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Racing is a declining genre and Forza never was huge. I mean, sure, it had wide reach due to bundles but it was not a genre titan. I kinda wonder if it's worth it to annualize this series, but maybe it's cheap to do.

Forza 5 was dogshit in many ways though. You'd still be thrilled even if its not very good?

Think you need to give some context into how it's dog shit. Forza 5 was just a barebones Forza game. What was there was widely praised, not a great deal changes in terms of the quality, it's just less of and something decent to play at launch for a Forza fan. F5 Nurburgring was also well loved.

I wonder if you're coming from a reviewer type standpoint who would also slam GT5 Prologue when in actual fact GT5P was incredible at the time and well liked by the fans. Forza 5 is well liked for what it is, we know it's not a full Forza game.

Heh, and here I was wondering why so many of my PSN friends are currently playing Destiny (I don't follow the news on what's happening with the game). :)

As for other games, I'm surprised too see PES not having a great debut. That's another game I'm not interested in at all, but I always thought that PES wasn't that far behind FIFA when it comes to popularity amongst gamers.

Not even close. FIFA 15 sold 5M worldwide in the launch week, 1M just in the UK. PES 2015 sold less than 3M in 2 months.

Top Bottom