• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 50, 2015

Hasney

Either the movie didn't give it that big of a boost, or CoD did really really well.

Probably the former. Like I said, this isn't some small time franchise and a lot of the people hyped for Star Wars already picked this up before the movie. If it was for some slightly smaller movie, I could see it, but the hype train has been rolling for weeks while the game has been out. Probably helped some people over the Star Wars waiting shakes.

Raylan

Banned
Compared to last year???
Where was Uncharted 3 years ago? :p

For the new page:

Publishers bemoan Black Friday bundle "lunacy"

A sales director at another global firm added that one of his games is struggling in the face of a bundled competitor. “We feel we have the better game, but why buy it when they’ve already got a perfectly good alternative in the same genre? There’s an obsession with giving away content for cheap to sell hardware, when surely it should be the other way around.”
Square-Enix, is that you?

Bruno MB

Just out of curiosity:

Revenge is sweet as Episode 3 enjoys 3 weeks at No1

23/May/2005

Lucasarts and Ubisoft take a third week at No1 on the Entertainment Software All Prices Top 40 thanks to ‘Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith’ (PS2/XB/DS/GBA) – the film actually launched this week but sales of the videogame are down 27% over last week, although the GBA version bucks the trend by increasing 28%.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/news/uk/index.jsp&monthFilter=5&yearFilter=2005

Alo0oy

Banned
Probably the former. Like I said, this isn't some small time franchise and a lot of the people hyped for Star Wars already picked this up before the movie. If it was for some slightly smaller movie, I could see it, but the hype train has been rolling for weeks while the game has been out. Probably helped some people over the Star Wars waiting shakes.

Yeah that's my assumption as well, it will see a boost because the less informed consumers might be more aware of it, but nowhere near what people are expecting.

Raylan

Banned
I can't think of anything else it could strongly be (PES? Lol) other than TR vs Uncharted. But they are on different platforms so hardly directly competing with each other. Well I suppose it could be PES but I doubt the bundles are the main reason it sold very poorly.
Agree. It can't be PES/FIFA. It has to be the TR/NDC thingy.

Thread worthy?

I can't make threads. Do it.
Mention our "Tomb Raider / Nathan Drake Collection" assumption.

Kysen

"A sales director at another global firm added that one of his games is struggling in the face of a bundled competitor. “We feel we have the better game, but why buy it when they’ve already got a perfectly good alternative in the same genre? "

I wonder which game this is? XD

jaina

This can't be Tomb Raider - Uncharted.
“We feel we have the better game, but why buy it when they’ve already got a perfectly good alternative in the same genre? "
The bolded part just doesn't make sense when it's on a different console. XBO&PS4 owners are a minority.
Edit: I see the new thread for this is up. Yeah, has to be PES - FIFA. Also new PAL Thread is up.

Top Bottom