• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 6, 2016

First Week comparation

Mortal Kombat X (PS4) > 39,500
Mortal Kombat X (XBO) > 24,600

Streeth Fighter V < 24,300

Wait, how much higher are those MKX numbers then what you listed? Or is it in that ballpark?

That doesn't seem too bad now.

Edit: Assuming the numbers are in the general ballpark and not significantly higher or lower.

Wait, how much higher are those MKX numbers then what you listed? Or is it in that ballpark?

Edit: Assuming the numbers are in the general ballpark and not significantly higher or lower.

It's still bad. Less than the Xbox version of MK X.

It sold around half of just the PS3 version of SFIV with more days of sales week 1. It's hard to read it as anything but terrible.

Ahh ok I got my numbers wrong.

Seeing as PS4 is up on PS3 install base in the same time yeah its shit lol.

Edit: Would a day 1 functioning online and inclusion of old modes have boosted sales by much?
I feel like this game was destined to just sell less overall to SF IV.

Hasney

PS4 version of MKX sold 63% more than SFV just on those numbers, the gap could be wider.

Raist

Banned
Maybe people got tired of the 193850 editions, on top of the game having a bad rep because of low content.
I mean USFIV was released on PS4 like, what, 6 months ago?

GHG

Isn't the market for fighting games shrinking?

Not surprising that Capcom were reluctant to greenlight the game.

Oh man, looks like Street Fighter V underperformed and then some. Eek!

Capcom won't be going the Early Access route anymore. Given the lack of content available out of the gate and the amount of negative buzz as a result, it's just not worth it. They should've just released the fucking game in Summer, when it had a story mode, a proper arcade mode and a few extra characters to offer.

Hasney

Capcom won't be going the Early Access route anymore. Given the lack of content available out of the gate and the amount of negative buzz as a result, it's just not worth it. They should've just released the fucking game in Summer, when it had a story mode, a proper arcade mode and a few extra characters to offer.

Nah, probably would have done similar numbers. They just need to actually promote their shit.

c0de

Do we know how much Sony spent on supporting the game becoming a reality? I am surprised that a game which needed financial backup and even got it got a release that early. Also I wonder whether the date of release is only determined by Capcom or also by Sony when they helped with money to get SF5 being made.

Top Bottom