• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 7, 2011

KingDizzi

Banned
Ferocious tells me that Bulletstorm was close to KZ3 which is shocking considering how much killzone 3 has been advertised, it's most definitely one of the weaker Sony franchises. Shame :(

CozMick said:
Bulletstorm reaching number 2 is down to one thing only, the gears beta, and it isn't even needed.

Wouldn't even make the top 5 if Epic had announced the Gold Account beta before release.
Bulletstorm is a highly rated brand new IP. Irrelevant of the beta, I still think a #2 debut is great for any new IP.

KingDizzi said:
Ferocious tells me that Bulletstorm was close to KZ3 which is shocking considering how much killzone 3 has been advertised, it's most definitely one of the weaker Sony franchises. Shame :(
Maybe close, but then Bulletstorm is available on three platforms. Although I should imagine the 360 version took the biggest chunk, especially with the KZ3 competition on PS3.

doicare

CozMick said:
Bulletstorm reaching number 2 is down to one thing only, the gears beta, and it isn't even needed.

Wouldn't even make the top 5 if Epic had announced the Gold Account beta before release.
Yep pretty much.

Pooya

charttrack said:
It’s ‘First Person Shooter Week’ for half-term as Sony’s Netherlands-based Guerrilla Games’ ‘Killzone 3’ on PS3 (3D compatible, Move enabled) drops straight in at No1 exactly 2 years after ‘Killzone 2’ (the first PS3 version) –which remains the highlight of this series in terms of week 1 sell-through.

Original ‘Killzone’ debuted way back in week 48, 2004 on PS2. The current version is the 14th fastest-selling Sony title (in terms of week 1 CT panel units), compared to ‘Killzone 2’, currently Sony’s 5th week 1 best-seller. This is Sony’s 2nd All Formats No1 this year, after ‘LittleBigPlanet 2’ on PS3 back in week 3, which showed similar week 1 sell-through to ‘Killzone 3’. It will be interesting to compare these 2 as the weeks go by in order to see how overall cumulative UK sales compare. EA’s ‘Bulletstorm’ (360/PS3/PC) gives ‘Killzone 3’ a good run for its money, debuting right behind at No2 although admittedly over 3 formats. The game is by the teams that developed ‘Gears of War’ (Epic Games) and ‘Painkiller’ (People Can Fly) and marks a 3rd No1 so far this year for EA (FIFA 11 in week 1, Dead Space 2 in weeks 4&5).

Elsewhere in the charts, half-term promotional activity sees Activision Blizzard’s ‘World of Warcraft: Battle Chest’ re-enter at No24, also affecting other titles, but notably Sega’s ‘Sonic Colours’, re-entering at No31.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1043&s=1111

chart
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Damn Tactics Ogre didn't make it (and that's despite being #1 on the PSP chart). Although I guess Kirby Epic Yarn not making it is more surprising (#9 on the Wii chart).

Withnail

KingDizzi said:

Personally I wouldn't have been surprised if Killzone 3 had been outsold by the 360 SKU of Bulletstorm alone, given the popularity of the 360 in the UK. We obviously don't have numbers but Killzone 3 outselling Bulletstorm on three platforms seems like a pretty good result for SCEE.

I agree with the above poster though that Bulletstorm will probably have longer legs.

Withnail said:
Personally I wouldn't have been surprised if Killzone 3 had been outsold by the 360 SKU of Bulletstorm alone, given the popularity of the 360 in the UK. We obviously don't have numbers but Killzone 3 outselling Bulletstorm on three platforms seems like a pretty good result for SCEE.

I agree with the above poster though that Bulletstorm will probably have longer legs.

does bulletstorm have online multi or just co-op?

Peff

Tactics Ogre is first for the PSP charts, heh. That probably means very, very little but it's still nice.

KingDizzi

Banned
Wow so if I'm reading it right KZ3 is at 15 while KZ2 is at 5 for Sony? KZ2 did not leave the greatest impression then it's fair to say, Gafs vocal lovers for KZ2 are in a minority, I'm one.

Surprised to see that Killzone 3 has sold so much less (comparatively) than it's predecessor. Would have thought that with the significant bump in userbase since the second game it would have had a good chance of doing more.

NHale

I'm honestly shocked to see Killzone 3 outsell Bulletstorm in 3 platforms after seeing the numbers in the KZ3 online leaderboard. Not surprised at all to see that it did worst than KZ2.

Canova

Banned
dabra said:
http://www.swedishgamesindustry.com/media/117167/nordic%20game%20sales%202010%20screen.pdf

2010Nordic_Chart.jpg

2010paises_nordicos.jpg

NordicChart2010.jpg

Wii at last place in Scandinavian, who would've thought

1. PC
2. PS3
3. 360
4. Wii

iceatcs

I'm almost faintly shocked to see Bulletstorm all 3 platforms together fail to outsell KZ3.
Epic dropped the ball big time.

Raide

iceatcs said:
I'm almost faintly shocked to see Bulletstorm all 3 platforms together fail to outsell KZ3.
Epic dropped the ball big time.

I am not. New IP against the PS3 big hitter game. I am sure Bulletstorm will sell well enough for another game. Now, if it was Gears 3 vs KZ3, then it might be a different story. Good on PCF for getting into the charts. Some games don't even manage that.

Top Bottom