• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 7, 2017

noobie

Banned
Looking forward to Horizon in two weeks. I hope it hits well.

Anyone can provide a range for new IP in UK and a range for open world RPGs?

What do you all think Horizon will do FW?
Horizon FW will be around 60-80k. Above it will be quite impressive and below it will be quite disappointing for Sony atleast.

Vena

Looking forward to Horizon in two weeks. I hope it hits well.

Anyone can provide a range for new IP in UK and a range for open world RPGs?

What do you all think Horizon will do FW?

We've some pretty strong concentrations around 'hyped' first party releases, so I don't think there's any worry about Horizon, it's enjoyed a long and well fed hype cycle. We've had tirefires like NMS sell exceptionally when pushed by marketing in the right way, I don't expect an actually well received game to falter.

Its only obvious potential pitfall will be the focus testing issue on Aloy being female.

I'd put it in the neighborhood of 100k.

black070

Lol no. It will be nowhere even in the same ballpark as Destiny or The Division. Like not close at all

I think Horizon will do between 80k - 100k

Admittedly, Destiny didn't come to mind at all - but in terms of individual formats, I think Horizon could fare pretty well.

Destiny was the biggest new IP lauch this gen in the UK
Titanfall was the biggest new IP exclusive launch this gen in the UK

ethomaz

Banned
Wow. Destiny was huge. I doubt if the sequel comes any closer.
It will be way bigger.

The word of moth of Destiny after launch was crazy and the increase in active players were ridiculous.

It was probably only matched by Overwatch this gen.

Destiny was the biggest new IP lauch this gen in the UK
Titanfall was the biggest new IP exclusive launch this gen in the UK
How can you call something exclusive that was out to XB1, PC and 360??? Probably Xbox console exclusive you meant.

Kill3r7

It will be way bigger.

The word of moth of Destiny after launch was crazy and the increase in active players were ridiculous.

How can you call something exclusive that was out to XB1, PC and 360??? Probably Xbox console exclusive you mean.

The 360 version launched a few weeks or a month later.

ethomaz

Banned
The Xbox version launched a few weeks or months later.
That didn't change what I said... PC released at the same time.

Biggest console exclusive? Sure... I don't know for sure how it sold compared with others console exclusives.

But it was not exclusive.

Biggest New IP exclusive launch this gen in UK is probably other game...

Kill3r7

That didn't change what I said... PC released at the same time.

PC physical release numbers were not that huge to impact the overall number. It is a console exclusive. Same with NMS which is second.

EDTI: Good point. I guess BB or SO maybe.

ethomaz

Banned
PC physical release numbers were not that huge to impact the overall number. It is a console exclusive. Same with NMS which is second. I think otherwise Infamous SS is the highest exclusive new IP debut this gen.
Again... that didn't change what I said... it was not a exclusive launch.

inFAMOUS was not a new IP.

ethomaz

Banned
Sure if you are being pedantic about it but for most of us we consider NMS and TF exclusives.
They are not and I'm not being pedantic at all.

The question was the biggest exclusive new IP... NMS and TF are out from the list by definition.

EDTI: Good point. I guess BB or SO maybe.
Well BB is case some will say it is not a new IP... others will it is... I believe it is.

SO was the first game to come to my head for exclusive new IP.

It will be way bigger.

How can you call something exclusive that was out to XB1, PC and 360??? Probably Xbox console exclusive you meant.

Same like No Man's Sky is exclusive.
And the 360 version was released later, nevertheless

*not on both Ps4 and Xb1 if you want to be nitpicky

They are not and I'm not being pedantic at all.

The question was the biggest exclusive new IP... NMS and TF are out from the list by my definition.

Well BB is case some will say it is not a new IP... others will it is... I believe it is.

SO was the first game to come to my head for exclusive new IP.

FTFY

NMS was never exclusive lol

GFK even says "second biggest ever PlayStation 4 launch" but didn't use exclusive in any way.

NMS did not even have a retail release for PC
So why would GFK even make the distinction?

ethomaz

Banned
Same like No Man's Sky is exclusive.
And the 360 version was released later, nevertheless

*not on both Ps4 and Xb1 if you want to be nitpicky
NMS was never exclusive lol

GFK even says "second biggest ever PlayStation 4 launch" but didn't use exclusive in any way.

Edit - There is nothing about MY... they are not exclusives in any list... any tracker tracks it as multiplatform... let't me guess your bullshit definition says SFV, every Indie released only PS4 and PC, most Japanese games, are all "exclusives" c'mon.

NMS did not even have a retail release for PC
So why would GFK even make the distinction?
Because NMS is multiplatform no matter if it is physical or digital release.

Because NMS is multiplatform no matter if it is physical or digital release.

Yes, they said second biggest Ps4 release ever, correct
And that is not true at all, if they would consider it a multiplatform titel

FIFA, CoD, Battlefield, Destiny, Watch Dogs all those games had a bigger Ps4 release.

According to your definition of exclusives, those type of games do not even exist anymore.
Even those rare Ps4 exclusive that are just playable on one single platform right now, will likely be playable on Ps5 or Ps Now in the future.
So welcome to the new world, where "exclusive games" don't exist anymore
Ohh and if you consider a later (re)release on a different platform no breach of exclusivity, than Rise of the Tomb Raider is a Xbox One exclusive ;)

But it's fine if you have your own defintion of exculsive games. just don't act like there is just one and no contradiction in the term

Vena

Going by the reviews, I think horizon will have some long legs ahead of it..

Reviews vs. genre-fatigue vs. new IP attraction. There's a lot of competing factors here that would need to be unpacked to determine length of legs. Its possible that it may just tapper out quickly due to genre, and other games in other genres that are not so fatigued drawing away audience interest.

We shall see!

ethomaz

Banned
Yes, they said second biggest Ps4 release ever, correct
And that is not true at all, if they would consider it a multiplatform titel

FIFA, CoD, Battlefield, Destiny, Watch Dogs all those games had a bigger Ps4 release.

According to your definition of exclusives, those type of games do not even exist anymore.
Even those rare Ps4 exclusive that are just playable on one single platform right now, will likely be playable on Ps5 or Ps Now in the future.
So welcome to the new word, where "exclusive games" don't exist anymore
Ohh and if you consider a later (re)release on a different platform no breach of exclusivity, than Rise of the Tomb Raider is a Xbox One exclusive ;)

But it's fine if you have your own defintion of exculsive games. just don't act like there is just one and no contradiction in the term
Exclusives are exclusive no matter how bullshit you try to pass... and a lot of exclusives games were released this gen... the word is far from being dead... even XB1 has about 30 exclusives.

Rise of Tomb Raider was not exclusive... it was a timed exclusive but you know that.

I do expect Horizon to do very well though btw. I think 100k is very possible and if it can open above that, it would be an outstanding performance.

Exclusives are exclusive no matter how bullshit you try to pass... and a lot of exclusives games were released this gen... the word is far from being dead... even XB1 has about 30 exclusives.

Rise of Tomb Raider was not exclusive... it was a timed exclusive but you know that.

yes.
exclusive Games like Gears of War 4 ( playable on Xbox One and Windows 10)
Forza Horizon 2 (playable on Xbox One and Xb360)
Persona 5 (playable on Ps3 and Ps4)

These are not exclusives and they will never be but if you want to give a name for them...

Gears of War 4 = Xbox One console exclusive or Microsoft exclusive
Forza Horizon 2 = Xbox exclusive
Persona 5 = PlayStation exclusive

But at the end all of these are multiplatform games... if you play them in more than one platform then it is multiplatform.

XB1 has ~30 exclusive and you can't list one lol

you still don't get it?
i don't care if you reserve the term exclusive only for "single platform exclusive games"
i do call timed exclusives, console exclusives, Microsoft / Sony exclusives and platform exclusives all exclusive games

your definition is also flawed and incorrect. so stop calling them just exclusives. start call them "single platform only exclusives for the time of release" to be correct

ethomaz

Banned
yes.
exclusive Games like Gears of War 4 ( playable on Xbox One and Windows 10)
Forza Horizon 2 (playable on Xbox One and Xb360)
Persona 5 (playable on Ps3 and Ps4)
These are not exclusives and they will never be but if you want to give a name for them...

Gears of War 4 = Xbox One console exclusive or Microsoft exclusive
Forza Horizon 2 = Xbox exclusive
Persona 5 = PlayStation exclusive

But at the end all of these are multiplatform games... if you play them in more than one platform then it is multiplatform.

XB1 has ~30 exclusive and you can't list one lol

Bruno MB

FScg6.png

Spain:
Week 7, 2017 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 FOR HONOR (UBISOFT) - 13,000 / NEW
02 (??) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2) - 4,500 / 500,000
03 (??) PS4 FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 3,000 / 550,000
04 (01) PS4 NIOH (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 2,300 / 10,000
05 (NE) 3DS DRAGON BALL FUSIONS (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT) - 2,200 / NEW

tolkir

Some LTD Spanish numbers until Week 6 seen in Hobby Consolas magazine.

PS4 - Nioh - 6,200
PS4 - Gravity Rush 2 - 1,650
PS4 - Yakuza 0 - 1,250
PS4 - Tales of Berseria - 1,200

PS4 - Resident Evil VII - 27,100
XBO - Resident Evil VII - 2,300

3DS - Super Mario Maker - 60,200
WiU - Super Mario Maker - 60,700

Wii - Just Dance 2017 - 88,000
WiU - Just Dance 2017 - 21,000
PS4 - Just Dance 2017 - 15,700
XBO - Just Dance 2017 - 1,300

Combined:
FIFA 17 - 639,000
PES 2017 - 64,700
DiRT Rally - 20,100

Bruno MB

Halo Wars 2 couldn't dethrone For Honor from the top position.

Meanwhile Nioh remains stable, it only drops 3 places to No15.

'For Honor' holds the fort for a second week at No.1

On the All Formats Top 40 (Units) Ubisoft’s ‘For Honor’ holds on to No1 for a second week.

Microsoft/THQ Nordic have to settle with No2 as ‘Halo Wars 2’ debuts at No2 for Xbox One and PC. The original ‘Halo Wars’ also debuted at No2 in week 9, 2009 – beaten to No1 back then by Sony and Guerilla’s ‘Killzone 2’ on PS3.

Next week’s chart will have a hotly anticiptated new IP from Guerilla Games, as ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’ launches on PS4 in the same week as Nintendo Switch. Turning back to this week and Rockstar/Take 2 remain stable at No3 with ‘Grand Theft Auto V’, as do EA, remaining at No4 with ‘FIFA17’. The second big new release from last week, Sold Out and Rebellion’s ‘Sniper Elite 4’ drops 3 places to No5.

Code:
Top 40 Entertainment Software (All Prices) Week 8 Year 2017
Ending 25th February
LW 	TW 	Title 	Age Rating 	Publisher
1 	1 	FOR HONOR 	PEGI 18+ 	UBISOFT
  	2 	HALO WARS 2 	PEGI 16+ 	MICROSOFT
3 	3 	GRAND THEFT AUTO V 	PEGI 18+ 	ROCKSTAR
4 	4 	FIFA 17 	PEGI 3+ 	EA SPORTS
2 	5 	SNIPER ELITE 4 	PEGI 16+ 	SOLD OUT SALES & MARKETING
5 	6 	BATTLEFIELD 1 	PEGI 18+ 	EA GAMES
8 	7 	ROCKET LEAGUE 	PEGI 3+ 	505 GAMES
7 	8 	CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE 	PEGI 18+ 	ACTIVISION
6 	9 	RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD 	PEGI 18+ 	CAPCOM
9 	10 	FORZA HORIZON 3 	PEGI 3+ 	MICROSOFT
13 	11 	MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION 	PEGI 7+ 	MICROSOFT
10 	12 	WATCH DOGS 2 	PEGI 18+ 	UBISOFT
11 	13 	OVERWATCH 	PEGI 12+ 	BLIZZARD
14 	14 	HITMAN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON 	PEGI 18+ 	SQUARE ENIX
12 	15 	NIOH 	PEGI 18+ 	SONY COMPUTER ENT.
16 	16 	WWE 2K17 	PEGI 16+ 	2K
17 	17 	LEGO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS 	PEGI 7+ 	WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
15 	18 	LEGO DIMENSIONS 	PEGI 7+ 	LEGO DIMENSIONS
18 	19 	POKEMON SUN 	PEGI 7+ 	NINTENDO
20 	20 	THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM SPECIAL ED. 	PEGI 18+ 	BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
19 	21 	STEEP 	PEGI 12+ 	UBISOFT
25 	22 	NBA 2K17 	PEGI 3+ 	2K
22 	23 	FALLOUT 4 	PEGI 18+ 	BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
28 	24 	TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW 6: SIEGE 	PEGI 18+ 	UBISOFT
24 	25 	GEARS OF WAR 4 	PEGI 18+ 	MICROSOFT
21 	26 	MAFIA III 	PEGI 18+ 	2K
38 	27 	UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END 	PEGI 16+ 	SONY COMPUTER ENT.
23 	28 	MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION 	PEGI 7+ 	SONY COMPUTER ENT.
31 	29 	FINAL FANTASY XV 	PEGI 16+ 	SQUARE ENIX
26 	30 	TITANFALL 2 	PEGI 16+ 	EA GAMES
30 	31 	POKEMON MOON 	PEGI 7+ 	NINTENDO
  	32 	CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III 	PEGI 18+ 	ACTIVISION
27 	33 	LEGO MARVEL AVENGERS 	PEGI 7+ 	WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
  	34 	FARMING SIMULATOR 17 	PEGI 3+ 	FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE
  	35 	RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER: 20 YEAR EDITION 	PEGI 18+ 	SQUARE ENIX
29 	36 	DOOM 	PEGI 18+ 	BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
33 	37 	ASSASSIN'S CREED: THE EZIO COLLECTION 	PEGI 18+ 	UBISOFT
  	38 	NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 	PEGI 3+ 	NINTENDO
32 	39 	SUPER MARIO MAKER 	PEGI 3+ 	NINTENDO
37 	40 	TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION 	PEGI 18+ 	UBISOFT

Second spot for Halo Wars 2 seems more than decent and Horizon 3 still kicking around the Top 10 is awesome to see.

Next week should be really interesting, can see Horizon ZD selling absolute gangbusters!

Oh shit, that means next week Horizon is going to be battling with Zelda? I mean, normally I would say Horizon would coast to the number 1 spot, but I bet the number of copies Zelda sells will be near enough 1:1 with the Switch console sales!

Hasney

Oh shit, that means next week Horizon is going to be battling with Zelda? I mean, normally I would say Horizon would coast to the number 1 spot, but I bet the number of copies Zelda sells will be near enough 1:1 with the Switch console sales!

You'd think, but the bloody game keps selling out on both formats.

jonno394

I'd assume Zelda will be number 1, the only thing going against it is the extra 2 days Horizon gets on sale.

Rymuth

PS4 - Yakuza 0 - 1,250

Combined:
FIFA 17 - 639,000
PES 2017 - 64,700
DiRT Rally - 20,100
Lawd...

Donos

Don't see any way how Zelda doesn't take the top spot before Horizon. That Edge "10" doesn't hurt either.

Bruno MB

PS4 - Yakuza 0 - 1,250

Combined:
FIFA 17 - 639,000
PES 2017 - 64,700
DiRT Rally - 20,100

Thank you, I hadn't read the magazine yet.

You missed Nioh which sold 6,200 units in its first week.

Pleasantly surprised to see HW2 so high! Not that there's a huge amount of competition admittedly, but a spin off RTS on console charting in the number 2 spot warms my heart.

I think Zelda has it in the bag. Years of (apparently well placed) hype plus a hotly anticipated new console to drive it will power through any competition. Still expect Horizon to sell gangbusters though.

Don't see any way how Zelda doesn't take the top spot before Horizon. That Edge "10" doen't hurt either.

On the other hand Horizon is a massive new franchise for Sony which has had over 18 months of build up since a very successful E3 reveal and it's on a console with a userbase of >5 million in the UK, I think? I reckon it'll be closer than people expect.

wapplew

Depend on how much Switch unit available for UK, because that attach rate will be 120%.
I'm wouldn't surprise 1-2 Switch out sold Horizon too.

On the other hand Horizon is a massive new franchise for Sony which has had over 18 months of build up since a very successful E3 reveal and it's on a console with a userbase of >5 million in the UK, I think? I reckon it'll be closer than people expect.

It's also a new IP. Zelda is a highly established brand with some of the most hardcore and loyal fanbase out there.

Big marketing push it may be, anecdotally I'm seeing the same kind of consumer fever that say... Titanfall managed to conjure.

I mean, at the end of the day, when we look at Zelda sales, the fact that Hyrule Warriors, WW HD and TP HD all manage to do really good numbers despite the WiiU's horrendous install base shows that even though the WiiU install base is small, a large % of them are core Zelda fans.

Top Bottom