• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palestinian sources: teen shot by Israeli soldiers dies of his wounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiZ III

Teen dies bleeding out after being shot in the stomach and having his feet tied up.

Take to the streets!! Wait calm down, it was only a Palestinian.

http://mondoweiss.net/2015/04/assassinated-palestinian-separation
http://www.imemc.org/article/71379

JENIN (Ma‘an) 28 Apr — Hundreds of Palestinians attended the funeral of Muhammad Murad Yahiya, 18, on Tuesday after he was shot dead by Israeli forces late Monday in al-‘Araqa village in western Jenin. “Israel assassinated my son in cold blood,” Yahiya’s father, Murad, told Ma‘an. “After a family wedding Muhammad and several of his friends went walking in our lands near the separation wall when Israeli soldiers opened fire and hit him.” Muhammad’s uncle, Zayid, said that Israeli forces at the scene tied his feet together as he lay bleeding on the ground and kept him there for several hours. Secretary-general of Fatah in al-‘Araqa, Muhammad Waked, condemned the killing, while head of the village council Raed Yahiya said Israel “continuously targets the village by building the separation wall and shooting at locals to prevent them from approaching the wall.” The governor of Jenin, security forces, and representatives from Palestinian political parties joined villagers for the funeral. Palestinian security sources told Ma‘an that the teen had been shot with a live bullet by Israeli forces in his lower stomach. He underwent surgery after his injury was reported as critical, but was pronounced dead Tuesday morning. An Israeli army spokeswoman alleged Yahiya was with a group of Palestinians “attempting to breach the security fence,” and that Israeli forces ordered them to halt.

Courtesy of Aipac and our tax dollars. Attacks on residents in the West Bank are common by both settlers and soldiers, but this one is particularly brutal in that they tied him down as he lay bleeding. Of course none of these daily abuses are ever reported by the mainline press. If they were, I'm sure opinion would be much quicker to turn around on the occupation.

terrisus

G/I/F?

Jiff?

EDIT: To be clear, the title has since been updated. The original title had "(G/I/F?)" in it.

Courtesy of Aipac and our tax dollars. Attacks on residents in the West Bank are common by both settlers and soldiers, but this one is particularly brutal in that they tied him down as he lay bleeding. Of course none of these daily abuses are ever reported by the mainline press. If they were, I'm sure opinion would be much quicker to turn around on the occupation.
I'm sorry, but you give our country way too much credit.

ugh

RiZ III

I don't see why the thread title was changed. At least keep in the fact that the kid bled out because his feet were tied up after being shot.

Also, mondoweiss isn't a Palestinian source, it's actually a Jewish source. The people quoted in there aren't just "Palestinians", they were eyewitnesses on the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom