• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey issue statement on actions on Nimble America

I'm not on his side.

I just don't like seeing loads of people bash an individual based off of what I initially perceived to be little evidence*. Regardless of who that individual is.

*Again, I admit it, I had a dumb moment.

How is it little evidence? It's literally ALL OF THE EVIDENCE. It's right there cut and dry and only people making incredibly ridiculous leaps of logic (such as yourself) can question it. I'm not saying you support him, but your doubt of the most obvious reality is the reason someone like Palmer would lie. If you muddy the water with lies just enough, some people will still believe you. Trump is the fucking EMBODIMENT of this.

I don't have any reasons to not believe Luckey. I worked together with journalists and news agencies for many years and got a deep insight in their working practices. Manufactured stories is a day-to-day business.

FOH with this. If you are going to accuse a journalistic entity of something as serious as libel and fraud, you better come with some harder evidence than this weak anecdote bullshit.

And what is there even to "believe" Palmer about? He hasn't come out and denied anything TDB has said. That alone speaks volumes. You are hitching your wagon to a 3 legged horse.

Fat4all

Banned
I don't have any reasons to not believe Luckey. I worked together with journalists and news agencies for many years and got a deep insight in their working practices. Manufactured stories is a day-to-day business.

suresure

image.php

GeNoMe

Talk about a weak statement. Like I have stated in the other thread. Palmer is a fucking coward! own up to your actions, you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar son.

Krejlooc

Banned

You don't have any reason not to believe Luckey? Not from his tweet history, his buddies seemingly outing him because they thought the shit hit the fan before he made his limp retreat, his girlfriend's activity, video of him at trump rally's, nor email correspondence that traces back to him?

Rather, in light of all this, you think it's the media boogey-man behind this, committing libel for some supposed 5 minutes of fame?

You're sitting here bragging about ignoring evidence and going with a gut feeling. That's not a smart position to take.

Political bias, especially in America, is such a problem. Mr. Lucky built s business and holds to libertarian tenants. Good for him. Perhaps the bigger question is why do so many folks that hold to libertarianism seem to hit it big. The later might be do inherited wealth or privledge, but my point being Palmer can give to whatever he wants.

Hoje0308

Banned

Yeah, I'm sure that's the case here. Because who wouldn't want the sweet payday that will come as a result of fabricating personally and professionally destructive stories about a man that's worth nearly a billion dollars and who has access to Facebook's legal department? Great idea, that. Looking forward to your expose on the industry though. Feel free to create a thread when it hits the papers.

Paz

You don't have any reason not to believe Luckey? Not from his tweet history, his buddies seemingly outing him because they thought the shit hit the fan before he made his limp retreat, his girlfriend's activity, video of him at trump rally's, nor email correspondence that traces back to him?

Rather, in light of all this, you think it's the media boogey-man behind this, committing libel for some supposed 5 minutes of fame?

You're sitting here bragging about ignoring evidence and going with a gut feeling. That's not a smart position to take.

This is a nice summary.

Polk

How many times it involved faking emails and accusing someone to fund white supermacits?

Krejlooc

Banned
Political bias, especially in America, is such a problem. Mr. Lucky built s business and holds to libertarian tenants. Good for him. Perhaps the bigger question is why do so many folks that hold to libertarianism seem to hit it big.

He doesn't hold "libertarian tenants," he holds alt-right tenants. Good for him? What's with people running to destroy their credibility ITT?

The later might be do inherited wealth or privledge, but my point being Palmer can give to whatever he wants.

Sure, and everything you're seeing is the result of his right to give to whatever he wants.

Matt

Political bias, especially in America, is such a problem. Mr. Lucky built s business and holds to libertarian tenants. Good for him. Perhaps the bigger question is why do so many folks that hold to libertarianism seem to hit it big. The later might be do inherited wealth or privledge, but my point being Palmer can give to whatever he wants.
Might be? And I have yet to see any proof of Luckey being a serious Libertarian.

He can give money to whatever causes or people he wants. And we can judge him for it.

Dunkley

"I don't know how much the rest of you know about manufactured stories, but I'm an expert."

Was it Fox News?

Paz

Free speech doesn't mean free from consequence, it just means free from government censorship.

Palmer is welcome to be a complete fuckwit who funds awful things and developers + consumers are welcome to abandon his platform.

As for the rest of your post, lol.

Does it seem to anyone else like alt accounts left and right are being nuked from orbit over the last 24 hours in these Palmer Luckey threads? People with like a dozen posts all of a sudden giving their shitty hot takes on how liberal GAF and the media are. Seems a little too coincidental.

Stranya

If you were correct (which you aren't), LP's statement would be all about the lawyers, and a defamation suit would already have been issued.

Oh, and anecdotally, I was a journalist for several years, and never once saw a fabricated story. Believe it or not, most journalists have integrity.

m00h

Banned
How many times it involved faking emails and accusing someone to fund white supermacits?

If I'd tell you, you wouldn't believe me.
You're all way to emotional on this.

Lowrys said:
Oh, and anecdotally, I was a journalist for several years, and never once saw a fabricated story. Believe it or not, most journalists have integrity.

That's what they believe at least.

You would have to be crazy to go after a billionaire with libellous accusations in this day and age after the whole Hulk Hogan/Gawker/Peter Thiel thing.

It's legit, he's a twat.

Hoje0308

Banned
Does it seem to anyone else like alt accounts left and right are being nuked from orbit over the last 24 hours in these Palmer Luckey threads? People with like a dozen posts all of a sudden giving their shitty hot takes on how liberal GAF and the media are. Seems a little too coincidental.

"Hi, I've been here two years and I'm still a junior. There's nothing suspicious about my presence in this thread. None at all. By the way, did you ever notice how corrupt the media is and what a bunch of liberal assholes you are?"

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm speechless. There is so much anger behind some of thèse people's words it makes me sad.

Why are you speechless?
Trump has a shot of becoming US fucking president for christ's sake. 40+% of the country supports that buffoons ideals. These comments simply reflect reality.

The shitstorm on this rather isolated gaming community doesn't reflect what the average american thinks about this issue. Trump wouldn't be in the running for president if it were.

IrishNinja

excellent drive-by post (and i can say this, especially in america) but what he's propping up is neither libertarian nor free from scrutiny

but sure, he can do whatever he wants. as can others, and here we are.

if only we could all be so objective and immune to the facts in front of us as ye~

yeah, i gotta commend the tenacity of our mods on handling this fuckery

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
He and his xenophobic girlfriend are pathetic.

The fact he is a public figure makes it hard to accept.

Polk

That's what they believe at least.
Unless you worked with people in some banana republic or dictatorship country you are right. I won't believe you. But now because I'm too emotional but because I think you are lying.

Krejlooc

Banned
He and his xenophobic girlfriend are pathetic.

The fact he is a public figure makes it hard to accept.

He won't be a public figure for long. Or maybe he'll reinvent himself as a full alt-right villain after he's blackballed from legitimate events, who knows.

Krejlooc

Banned
It's fascinating watching someone so high up in the games industry commit career suicide.

He's not really high up in the games industry. He has no power at Oculus. He's not qualified to hold any senior position at the company. He's not leading their tech division or actually making games or anything. He's the rah rah man that they kept around because he had managed to stir the troops into donating before venture capitalists took his company from him.

Hoje0308

Banned
He won't be a public figure for long. Or maybe he'll reinvent himself as a full alt-right villain after he's blackballed from legitimate events, who knows.

He'll drag this out long enough for the schmucks that are yelling "Witch hunt!" on his Twitter and Facebook feeds to not notice the lack of legal action and will then live off of the martyr cred. He'll be just another truth seeker, battling a corrupt system. Or something.

Rub it in why don't ya :(

Post some gifs. You'll be alright.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
He's not really high up in the games industry. He has no power at Oculus. He's not qualified to hold any senior position at the company. He's not leading their tech division or actually making games or anything. He's the rah rah man that they kept around because he had managed to stir the troops into donating before venture capitalists took his company from him.

Easy enough to show the "mascot" the door...

Top Bottom