• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pandora in the Crimson Shell |OT| A new Shell created by Masamune Shirow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned

Plot Summary-
In an age when large-scale natural disasters frequently happen all over the world, when cyborgs and autonomous robots are beginning to appear on the market in technologically advanced nations, and major world powers compete for technology and resources, the divide between rich and poor grows and the future for the poor looks bleak. In this transitional stage, everyone wanders around in a self-indulgent daze and the way out isn't clear… This is the story of how two cybernetically enhanced girls meet.

Staff-
Director: Munenori Nawa
Series Composition: Tatsuya Takahashi
Music: TECHNOBOYS PULCRAFT GREEN-FUND
Original creator:
Koushi Rikudou (Excel Saga)
Masamune Shirow (Ghost in the Shell)
Character Design: Takuya Tani
Art Director: Hiroki Matsumoto
Studio: Gokumi

Steam Options-
Funimation

Airing Time-
Friday 11 PM JST

And they said anime was dead.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
SPekelR.jpg
Been looking forward to this one given that pedigree.
I think you'd like it.

This show is about a child that molests another child to power up at an adults command but it's okay cuz they are actually robots...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This show is about a child that molests another child to power up at an adults command but it's okay cuz they are actually robots...

Annnnd I'm gonna go ahead and pass on this one.

Cornbread78

This fucking show, I can't believe you did it. You let Ducky get to you.

Those Tumblr gifs tell the story.

It's a shame because outside of that, it could be good, BUT...!

Ugh. From reviews sounds like absolute garbage with loli fanservice.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pre...pandora-in-the-crimson-shell-ghost-urn/.97359
pandoracrimsonhope.jpg

Review by Hope Chapman

Rating: 1

I don't even know where to begin.

So this is a forgotten digi-paint show that was dug up in a time capsule from no later than the year of our lord 2002, dusted off, reformatted into 16:9, and re-sold as an adaptation of a Masamune Shirow manga from 2010. How else do you explain its hideous color palette, jagged flat designs, and painfully dated obsession with fetishes of yesteryear like catgirls, maids, androids/cyborgs with unusually sexual hardware, and busty scientist onee-samas? I refuse to accept that this was made by discerning working professionals in the modern-day anime climate. I mean, my god. Just look at it. And if your eyes rot out of their sockets from the onslaught of uggo that ensues, just get a load of that plinky-plonky-zero-effort soundtrack blaring away in the background, just underneath the unbelievably screechy performances of the poor voice actresses who got suckered into this exercise in purestrain cringe.

No sir, I did not like it.

Every second Pandora in the Crimson Shell was on, I could feel my skin writhing around on my bones, begging for me to turn it off. But I stuck it out to the end because I love you, and my only reward was a perpetually increasing sense of bafflement that this thing got made in 2016. It feels like trash from a bygone era, the exact kind of stuff that used to be mocked and scorned as pandering garbage in much the same way that light-novel-magic-high-school shows are now, and I definitely wasn't pining for its return. The advent of moe may have altered anime in plenty of negative ways, but one of the positive things that moe did for anime was give its comedies and slice-of-life shows a sense of calm and charm they didn't always possess before. Anime used to be so much more shrill than it is today, and I had almost forgotten that fact before Pandora in the Crimson Shell popped up to remind me. I don't miss the mistakes of yesteryear, especially when they reach that oh-so-special pitch that sets dogs to howling from several miles away. Yuck.

If you've gotten bored with the worst kinds of modern anime and want to start feeling some sweet nostalgia for the worst kinds of anime gone by, then give Pandora in the Crimson Shell a try. But if you don't want to feel precious seconds of your life slipping away one-by-one while flipping you a spiteful finger, you might want to steer clear of this nerve-grinding oddity.

Glad this thread existed to excite and disappoint me within a minute. Will skip based on the apparent creepy angle the show takes.

Dice//

Banned

And they said anime was dead.

Goddamn. Like I get I'm not the demographic, I get there is one who actually does like this, and I know that not all anime is like this.... but I'm getting so sick of seeing this kind of garbage it's bringing the whole of anime down for me.

Goddamn. Like I get I'm not the demographic, I get there is one who actually does like this, and I know that not all anime is like this.... but I'm getting so sick of seeing this kind of garbage it's bringing the whole of anime down for me.

before: "yeah I like some anime, I know some of it is corny but there are some good ones"

now: "yeah i like some anime--wait am i under arrest?"

Cornbread78

before: "yeah I like some anime, I know some of it is corny but there are some good ones"

now: "yeah i like some anime--wait am i under arrest?"

*image loads halfway*

nope

Modern anime sure is trying its best to get me to completely walk away from the industry...

You can always try something "safer" like Erased.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1167141&page=100000

Then judge anime. Not everything is loli based thankfully.

Primus

I tried it. Lord help me, I tried it. NOPE'd the hell out when that scene happened, and now I'm pretty sure I'm on some sort of watch list.

Ep 2

This is already boring. Lacks the energy of Excel Saga and the sciencey fun of GITS. Also main science lady is a terrible person.

Dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom