• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2012 Anime |OT| Meet the new world, same as the old world

Status
Not open for further replies.
3654%20-%20abe_takakazu%20kuso_miso_technique%20realistic%20yaranaika.jpg

3653%20-%20abe_takakazu%20kuso_miso_technique%20realistic%20yaranaika.jpg

BluWacky

Wow, that sounds kinda... really... I dunno. I expected a sort of semi-serious scifi character driven drama/thriller maybe similar to The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, with possibly more power use and heavy digital effects for stylistic purposes. So you guys are saying it's actually some sort of comedy show? Not sure if I'm even interested anymore... :(

So disappointing!

I'm not saying it's a comedy by any means, although Digi may well disagree with me. It's very funny, but in the same way that TokiKake was funny (for most of the film, at least). The issue really is that TokiKake is a simple story with near-perfect execution (IMO) whereas NeraGaku is over-complicated by its plot - and Nakamura doesn't seem particularly interested by those complications.

I have an epic post half written with my full thoughts but I need to get on a computer that can handle Rikai without freaking out to check some stuff about the original novel before I finish it.

Personally speaking, for a good chunk of the film I actually thought it was pretty fantastic, so although I definitely think expectations should be tempered there is still a lot to admire in it.

I'm not saying it's a comedy by any means, although Digi may well disagree with me. It's very funny, but in the same way that TokiKake was funny (for most of the film, at least). The issue really is that TokiKake is a simple story with near-perfect execution (IMO) whereas NeraGaku is over-complicated by its plot - and Nakamura doesn't seem particularly interested by those complications.

I have an epic post half written with my full thoughts but I need to get on a computer that can handle Rikai without freaking out to check some stuff about the original novel before I finish it.

Personally speaking, for a good chunk of the film I actually thought it was pretty fantastic, so although I definitely think expectations should be tempered there is still a lot to admire in it.
You should probably migrate that to the new thread so it doesn't get lost in the sea of gifs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom