• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon of Decency: So I found some pictures of my boss.....

So I work for a company doing basic IT and Help Desk types of stuff. And yesterday our CEO asked me if I would mind taking an old laptop that he wanted to give to one of his sons and clean it up a bit. Fresh Windows install, that kind of shit. I told him of course not.

So today he brings it in and gives it to me. I ask him if he wants me to backup any of his old files so he can copy them to his new laptop and of course he said yes. Now this is something I've done for people countless times, and I always respect their privacy and don't go snooping around in their folders. But I normally check someone's documents folders to make sure there's something in there before I copy it.

I get to his pictures folder and everything is fine but then something catches my eye. A file named "nudeee.jpg". Naturally curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't help but click it. And there's our CEO standing base-ass naked in front of a mirror Anthony Weiner style. Then I look back at the folder and see that are tons more of these ranging from "nudee.jpg" to "nudee32.jpg". Then I see ton's of pictures of women's feet and even a folder full of photos of his wife in lingerie.

I feel like there's a slight chance he might know that I've seen them because about 10 minutes after he dropped it off he came running back into my office asking how it was going. He looked at the monitor and could see in the dialog box that I was copying his picture folder. He mentioned something like "ahhh, yeah... pictures folder... lots of old stuff from my photography days." I just said cool and went back to reading CNN while I was waiting.

So... what do I do now? I make decent money so I don't feel like I should try and blackmail him into a raise or anything, but at the same time these definitely seem like they could possibly be useful some day.

Oppo

what? leave him alone. who cares. you're mulling whether to fuck the guy over or not? cmon dude.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
photo.php

Derpyduck

Banned
So... what do I do now? I make decent money so I don't feel like I should try and blackmail him into a raise or anything, but at the same time these definitely seem like they could possibly be useful some day.

You stop even considering acting like an idiot.

So I work for a company doing basic IT and Help Desk types of stuff. And yesterday our CEO asked me if I would mind taking an old laptop that he wanted to give to one of his sons and clean it up a bit. Fresh Windows install, that kind of shit. I told him of course not.

So today he brings it in and gives it to me. I ask him if he wants me to backup any of his old files so he can copy them to his new laptop and of course he said yes. Now this is something I've done for people countless times, and I always respect their privacy and don't go snooping around in their folders. But I normally check someone's documents folders to make sure there's something in there before I copy it.

I get to his pictures folder and everything is fine but then something catches my eye. A file named "nudeee.jpg". Naturally curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't help but click it. And there's our CEO standing base-ass naked in front of a mirror Anthony Weiner style. Then I look back at the folder and see that are tons more of these ranging from "nudee.jpg" to "nudee32.jpg". Then I see ton's of pictures of women's feet and even a folder full of photos of his wife in lingerie.

I feel like there's a slight chance he might know that I've seen them because about 10 minutes after he dropped it off he came running back into my office asking how it was going. He looked at the monitor and could see in the dialog box that I was copying his picture folder. He mentioned something like "ahhh, yeah... pictures folder... lots of old stuff from my photography days." I just said cool and went back to reading CNN while I was waiting.

That is a terrible outlook to have. Besides, there isn't even anything you can blackmail him with. It was his personal computer; it's not like he sent you the pictures.
If you tried to blackmail him he could easily have you fired or even sue you. He could use your forum post as evidence!

Trouble

Banned

Would you consider doing that if you didn't make decent money?

Just let it go, man. Don't try to turn this to your advantage, that's just a scumbag way to go about life.

kaioshade

WTF is wrong with you? Why did that thought even enter your head?

KillGore

Huh? why would you try and hurt him with those pics?

I would fire your ass if I was your boss.

Edit: I still have to ask; is the wife hot?

Palmer_v1

You should photoshop a hitler stache onto his face and his wife's vagina, back it up for him like promised, and never speak of it again.

cirrhosis

drag shortcuts to the files in question and put them on his desktop, then give back the computer with a wink

you know what to do

hodgy100

give the laptop back and say "you know I was a bit worried id find some dodgy pictures if im honest, that kind of stuff happens all the time when i do these kind of favours for people"

:)

Usually when you try to blackmail someone you have some compromising information about them. I don't understand what's so compromising about the photos you have. Did he only get his position by pretending to be a eunuch?

Top Bottom