• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paramount removes Terminator from its schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyun Sai

FTFY

BCh84uK.jpg

(edit: terminator 1 and 2 are supposed to be on the same level. T3 onwards is like a bowling ball going off a cliff)

Than you. The franchise ended with T2. There is nothing after, only embarassment.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jai Courtney was decent in Jack Reacher, but he had a smaller role and just had to be intimidating in that. I barely recognized him in the new Suicide Squad trailer, simply because he got the biggest laugh out of me.

Genisys was a charisma blackhole. Neither Courtney or Clarke could carry that film. It was a slight step up from Salvation, but not financially or critically strong enough to base more movies off.

Terminator will be back, but they're going back to the drawing board. They might need to let Arnie go though, coming up with increasingly convoluted reasons for an aging robot to be in the film isn't doing them any favors. They definitely need something in the win column. I don't know how much longer you can keep this franchise going when you have more shitty films than good ones.

Terminator will be back, but they're going back to the drawing board. They might need to let Arnie go though, coming up with increasingly convoluted reasons for an aging robot to be in the film isn't doing them any favors. They definitely need something in the win column. I don't know how much longer you can keep this franchise going when you have more shitty films than good ones.

The refusal to let Arnold go absolutely hurt this franchise. There is an unlimited number of stories to be told when you literally have past, present, future and all of humanity to play around with. And we got five movies and a TV show about Skynet trying to kill John Connor...

With the rights apparently going back to Cameron in 2020, it's dead. Studios only want franchises, and you'd have to move insanely fast to get two movies out the door before you lost the rights. The only hope for more is if someone gets Cameron to let them make more, which honestly wouldn't be the most shocking thing on earth, but we'll see. It's going to be some years, at least, and by then they'll surely have to be over Arnold.

Kettch

I just got done watching Genisys, and damn, I wasn't expecting Clarke to have one of the better performances of a movie. I thought she was actually ok, but Jai Courtney on the other hand just sucked the life out of every single scene he was in.

Should have cast him as a Terminator because he played the part of a robot pretending to be a slightly awkward human and then giving up halfway perfectly. And it wasn't even the usual problem of an actor trying to mimic a previous performance. Michael Biehn's Kyle Reese was a skinny creep with little to no social skills whose only redeeming factors were his loyalty and ability to survive. Courtney's Reese was just your generic buff hero except without any charisma or any idea what was going on.

The Beard

Who is in charge at Paramount? 'Terminator:Gynosys' was a huge piece of shit, and now they're going to switch their focus into a steamy sack of shit IP like 'Baywatch'? Wow

DXPett1

I actually liked Salvation...

Sarah Conner Chronicles died at the worst of times to as the plot was finally developing into something very interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom