• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S6 |OT| Swanson Approved™

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god network comedies in their sixth season have no business being this good, episode was great. All of the right levels of smart, funny, touching, and always true to these great characters. Mike Schur and his team just continue to deliver.

Divius

That was a magical episode. Loved it. A perfect combination of heart and laughs, as always. So sweet.

- They handled Andy going away for a bit really well although I will be sad to see him go since his character and everything surrounding it is hilarious.

- I really want to see less jean ralphio and (especially) his sister, but with the introduction of their father and prominent presence in this first episode I doubt this will happen. I do like the Tom subplot in general though.

- All the jokes Chris and Ann made didn't make me laugh at all, guess I won't miss them.

- Jerry somehow messing up by doing the right thing..classic jerry

- Fuckyeah the Lagavulin distillery!

TheOddOne

This scene made me laugh and sad at the same time:

i7tmsbdnaikS8.gif

Feels like it's all ending.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Everything with Chris and Ann was pretty bad, they went with the most obvious punchline every time.

Andy is still amazing though, I love the way he explained Ice Cream, "it's like scoops, in a cone", and "whoa did you see that goose that flew by the window, oh no it was just a plastic bag, I'm sorry what were you guys talking about."

I love how Jerry gets shut down all the time. During his phone call with leslie as soon as he attempts to inquire about her trip she hangs up. LOL Love it.

Meier

Loved it. This show is just so perfect to me.. I never finish an episode without a big smile on my face.

Andy's explanation about how he lost so much weight was hilarious. Nicely done, Parks.

Zoe

The Jerry bit carried on too far for my tastes. The entire ultrasound scene was definitely my fave.

Someone needs to make a gif of those three bursting out laughing.

spookyfish

god i love peter serafinowicz, i don't understand how he hasn't gotten popular in the US

I was asking my wife: "Why do I recognize this guy and his voice?? Who is it? Do we know? What a great voice!"

She came back with "Oh! Darth Maul's voice! The guy in Shaun of the Dead!!"

I love my wife.

There was another scene last episode where Jerry says something and everyone just starts laughing. Or maybe they just mention Jerry doing something. Anyone remember what it was?

Coop

I was asking my wife: "Why do I recognize this guy and his voice?? Who is it? Do we know? What a great voice!"

I love my wife.

I just realized he was in spaced too.

kris.

Banned
I loved everything about this episode. Especially the end with Ron and the poem. Ugh. So happy this show is still this good 6 seasons in.

Bread

Banned

I love my wife.
find a way to watch Look Around You and you can thank me later

MacGuffin

I guess I'm alone in this but I thought the season premiere was really poorly done.

Writing was hokey, even the shots felt more staged than in the past.

It did nothing for me.

Sorry.

Mariolee

This episode is amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a show improve so much and stay so good at their sixth season. I can't think of anything I didn't like.

Serafinowicz was also the voice of Darth Chef in the "Super Adventure Club" episode of South Park.

-------
"Well he does own two helicopters..." Love this show.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I guess I'm alone in this but I thought the season premiere was really poorly done.

Writing was hokey, even the shots felt more staged than in the past.

It did nothing for me.

Sorry.

I kind of agree. My guess is that it's going to be looked back on as one of the weaker episodes, but most are happy just because it's back on the air again.

Gothos

Fantastic season opener! The scene with Jerry, Ann and Chris was amazing, hahah :) On the othe hand, really shame that Chris Pratt is out of this season :(

Raxus

Fantastic season opener! The scene with Jerry, Ann and Chris was amazing, hahah :) On the othe hand, really shame that Chris Pratt is out of this season :(

He'll be back. They just happened to overlap when he was filming GotG. Just means more Swanson goodness to fill the void.

Grinchy

Banned
I liked the episode. Didn't love it, but it had a nice handful of hilarious moments.

I'm totally not going to miss Chris and Ann.

VanWinkle

A good episode! I wasn't REALLY impressed with it, but I did like it! Favorite part was probably with Jerry talking about pregnancy. It was so disturbingly hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom