• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parody Thread Urges

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Aw man, you got juniored for that? :(

It was worth it. I laughed my DICK off
aKxmyUP.gif

happypup

I don't know if this is counts as a parody thread but I have wanted to do a weekly animal spotlight. In those threads I would pick an animal or other critter and do a detailed profile about them. I guess I could do a single thread and every week add a new organism to the profile, but it seems like a lot of work, and I don't know if it would be appreciated.

maxcriden

I don't know if this is counts as a parody thread but I have wanted to do a weekly animal spotlight. In those threads I would pick an animal or other critter and do a detailed profile about them. I guess I could do a single thread and every week add a new organism to the profile, but it seems like a lot of work, and I don't know if it would be appreciated.

I don't think that's a parody thread from the sound of it. You should make that, it sounds awesome.

Qasiel

Please let your first one be about Dolphins. I know at least 1 gaffer who would love to see that thread.

Hex

Banned
When you get the notion for a parody thread, understand that you are pretty much guaranteed to not be nearly as clever as you believe that you are.

sphinx

the piano man
I once made a thread that was supposed to be funny with the title

"I am nothing special, in fact I am a bit of a Boar"

in reference to ABBA's song which uses "Bore" and not "Boar" (the animal). In the thread people were supposed to find other songs in which you could change a word to get another meaning and laugh.

thread didn't take off because it was hard to come up with songs and ideas.

maxcriden

I once made a thread that was supposed to be funny with the title

"I am nothing special, in fact I am a bit of a Boar"

in reference to ABBA's song which uses "Bore" and not "Boar" (the animal). In the thread people were supposed to find other songs in which you could change a word to get another meaning and laugh.

thread didn't take off because it was hard to come up with songs and ideas.

It's the terroir of knowing what this world is about

vikki

"Would you even know if you were?

Sometimes I lay awake all night wondering if people have me set to ignore, my heart racing, wanting to scream but I can't because I still live with my mom. Did people not see that funny post I made? Why didn't that guy I quoted answer my question? Did I offend some Gaffer by accident? GAF if you can hear me, please post in this thread."

I feel like I'd get ignored/banned if I made that thread.

I don't ignore anyone, but I wonder about the members that do use the ignore feature. There must be people who only ignore members that truly bother them, but I bet there are other members that will ignore someone for a single post that they disagree with.

maxcriden

I don't ignore anyone, but I wonder about the members that do use the ignore feature. There must be people who only ignore members that truly bother them, but I bet there are other members that will ignore someone for a single post that they disagree with.

Ah, that is so strange to me. I don't have any posters on ignore. I imagine some must have me on ignore but it's never crossed my mind to actually go to the trouble of pressing the ignore button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom