• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Part 2 of The Uncharted Demo seems to be Amazing!

sjay1994

ujCKdr3.gif

Where did people get this?

Goddamn. I guess it really is that good.

I heard Huber's reaction and I thought it might tread hyperbole because of how hypedrunk he was from all of the announcements , but damn.

Uncharted 2 was for game action sequences what Mad Max is for movie action sequences.

Uncharted 4 sounds like it is taking that feverish minute to minute action and placing into inside GIANT seamless set pieces.

Oh man. I'm so hyped.

RedFury

Is this even possible?

Man my hype is through the roof.

I NEED sony to just drop a billion dollars in naughty dog and just let them do whatever the fuck they want to do.
I'm ok with this. Would LOVE a Savage Starlight game. ND+space=goat

Someone link to the Michael Huber (gametrailers) retelling of the demo.

Where the hell was this guy hiding prior to E3 2015? The Shenmue 3 reaction, the Mirror's Edge Catalyst video where he recounts his playtime with the game and now this. He's so passionate and endearing, and with that enthusiasm he's practically become the poster boy of this E3 of dreams.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
here is when Giant Bomb starts talking about it - https://youtu.be/Pjh1Uo_xaSQ?t=43m10s

sounds good. They do comment how it is still doing the 'pop up from cover and bullet sponge enemies' and that demo section is largely on rails. But I have zero problems with that. Those massive spectacle sections are not the entire game, they're punctuated with slower, more explory sections (talking about the first three games now), so fast, kinetic sections where you are more guided in where you are going (on a train, on the back of a truck etc) are fine by me.

The more controllable areas sound like they are a lot more varied, giving you different ways to traverse the levels.

And I still find it odd that Uncharted seems to get the stigma of popping up from behind cover when tons of TPS games do that.

TheXbox

Part of me desperately wants to see this, the other part says no. Short of the end-game, they gave away every major set piece for UC3, and that sucked. I prefer it when ND keeps their cards close to their chest. They have nothing to prove anyway.

BulletTheory

Neo Member
I'm glad they didnt show it all! What they did show was amazing enough, i'd prefer to save the full thing for when I'm playing the game! Never been on media blackout but I'm tempted for this one...

No way I'm watching this, I would stupid to not experience it first hand. I didn't even watch the whole conference footage.
I was smart enough to avoid having UC3's plane sequence completely spoiled and I'll avoid it again.
That being said, it must be incredible going by his description.

IcyEyes

Where the hell was this guy hiding prior to E3 2015? The Shenmue 3 reaction, the Mirror's Edge Catalyst video where he recounts his playtime with the game and now this. He's so passionate and endearing, and with that enthusiasm he's practically become the poster boy of this E3 of dreams.

This.
Maybe he is the right person at the right time. I mean, people is getting tired of negativity and such, so he has the potential to be someone who most of the game enthusiast can relate to.

RSB

Banned
I've been following Gametrailers since like 2007, so I already knew him, but I'm really glad he's getting more attention after that legendary conference reaction. Huber <3 (the whole GT crew is great, really)

It's a good thing for Microsoft and Square that this isn't coming out next to Tomb Raider. I'm saying this as a huge fan of the last Tomb Raider.

You and me are on the same page. I loved Tomb Raider, and new Tomb Raider looks great, but this is going to smash it to pieces. Can't wait for the HD Collection either cause...

I've never played an Uncharted before. YAS.

I just saw this today before I left E3.

It was INCREDIBLE. Huge story twist too in it. If anyone wants to know, PM me. I don't really play Uncharted so I don't exactly know what it meant, but a lot of the crowd freaked out.

MavFan619

Banned
I don't get the logic of game companies doing this. Why keep the best parts of the demo behind closed doors?
Spoilers, and after reading and seeing video impressions I'm personally way more excited to play it out myself now than see a video of it.

Though I would cave and watch it anyway ;_;

GnawtyDog

Banned
I don't want to see it. I want it to be a surprise. I know if a video leaks I will not be strong enough to refrain from clicking and from closing my eyes.

This.
Maybe he is the right person at the right time. I mean, people is getting tired of negativity and such, so he has the potential to be someone who most of the game enthusiast can relate to.
QFT.We need journalists that love gaming and impulse the industry, not duches that hate everything, or fanboys that hate interested things.

I hope ND and Sony don't show it to us because i know i wouldn't be able to resist not watching it and like some people have said showing so much of UC3 spoiled the game for me but it was still amazing.

jett

D-Member
I imagine they're saving this for Gamescom, so that they don't have to waste time creating another demo, but it's quite annoying to the rest of us that they are showing it on the E3 show floor. :p

Kuro

It's a good thing for Microsoft and Square that this isn't coming out next to Tomb Raider. I'm saying this as a huge fan of the last Tomb Raider.

It comes out sandwiched between CoD and Battlefront and the same day as Fallout 4. It won't even break half a mil unless Microsoft does a great bundle.

Listening to Huber talk about that sequence with Elena especially gets me excited. It sounds like they've upped the quality of the action and set-pieces but also have taken what they learned about character interactions from TLoU.

I felt slightly disapointed.

The game looks good, but the lighting is very "game like" and it seems to be going that route instead of a realistic lighting. The lack of self shadows was also concerning.

Top Bottom