• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Partial) Mod support and 4K coming to Skyrim and Fallout 4 on PS4

Enhanced lighting and graphics features are also coming to Fallout 4 on the PS4 Pro.

Mod support will come to Skyrim first. We and Sony have worked hard to make this possible. Mods on PlayStation 4 will allow you to modify and create your own content by using our Creation Kit available here. You will not be able to upload external assets with your PlayStation 4 mods, but you will be able to use any assets that come with the game, as most mods do. By creating a Bethesda.net account, you’ll be able to browse and try mods right from within the game.

We are excited finally to get modding to our PlayStation fans who have supported us for so long. Modding has been an important part of our games for over 10 years, and we hope to do even more in the coming year for all our players, regardless of platform.

After the work is complete on Skyrim, we’ll be updating Fallout 4 for both mods and PS4 Pro. We expect Fallout 4 to take advantage of the PS4 Pro in 4k along with enhanced lighting and graphics features.

5taquitos

Wait if there's no external assets...then it's completely useless to have mods. Wow. That's what Sony got stuck on? The entire point of modding?

I mean, it's better than nothing though right? Like you can still get unlimited inventory, new quests (that use existing assets), tweaked items, etc.

Sure it's not full-featured, but it's a far sight better than nothing at all.

ZeroCDR

Fantastic, glad they didn't let this stand. It was a tremendously bad look.

Very happy to hear about PS4 Pro support, looking forward to mods taking advantage of that extra power :)

Sony: We need 4K and HDR + enhanced graphical features for FO4 and Skyrim for PS4 Pro.

Bethesda: We need to have mods on your platform.

Both: Deal.

MuchoMalo

Banned
PPiLy2L.gif

I dread to think of how Bethesda games will run in 4k on a console. Also, where is 4k DOOM?

Hystzen

I will wait til it actually is up and running would laugh it few months Bethesda like nah mods ain't coming to PS4

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I mean, it's better than nothing though right? Like you can still get unlimited inventory, new quests (that use existing assets), tweaked items, etc.

Sure it's not full-featured, but it's a far sight better than nothing at all.

It's complete horseshit. Xbone versions can still get new armors, weapons, weather systems, new areas of new assets...

PS4 gets none of that. It's horseshit and I can't believe that this is what held things up with Sony. New content in mods. Jesus it's the entire point of modding.

GreekWolf

Welp, and there's the entire next year of my life.

Rise of the Tomb Raider, Skyrim Remastered and Fallout 4 on the Pro.

I'm feeling warm fuzzies :3

No external assets, huh. So we'll have a FoV-slider and infinite inventory.

Still better than nothing but I don't see why we should be limited in this manner, while the other platform isn't.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I blamed Bethesda for the screw up on this and now I'm giving them the credit for fixing it. Well done!

Sony did not approve external content, like new swords, armor, items. 95% of good mods. How is Bethesda to blame for that? Sony literally refused the main reason to mod. New content is a no go.

PS4 is now stuck with limited access to simplistic mods only thanks to Sony.

Top Bottom