• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile (F2P Loot Hack 'n Slash) Open beta later this year

Those textures look insanely high quality.

Still, even for a diablo clone it looks more boring than usual, non aimed aoe spam over and over? BLEUGH

The M.O.B

They just put out some Keys on their twitter, I put them in when it was only a minute old and they were all gone already.

:sheesh

:EDIT: Follow their twitter, they are going give out some more tomorrow.

And they are re-doing the UI

PIC

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The M.O.B said:
They just put out some Keys on their twitter, I put them in when it was only a minute old and they were all gone already.

:sheesh

:EDIT: Follow their twitter, they are going give out some more tomorrow.

And they are re-doing the UI

PIC
That's a pretty sexy GUI.

I can wait on a beta key. I'm in the middle of moving, so my rig is all packed up. Hopefully by the time I set up my new apartment this saturday, I'll be into the beta. :D

inky

Indeed it is a nice looking GUI, and I see abilities are mapped to QWERT and pots to 12345... kind of LoLish.

Meh, this will be yet another beta I won't get into, but it's nice to know it will be a F2P game so I'll get to try it before D3. (although that 'bloody' screen looks pretty bad).

Teknoman

To Far Away Times said:
In case you couldn't figure it out, it looks closer to what fans expected out of Diablo III than what Blizzard is actually making.

Eh...its a little too drab for me. No harm in trying it out though. Hoping for a nice soundtrack and enemies/attacks that actually feel like they have weight to them. Only hack and slash isometrics that have done that for me are Diablo 1,2, and Torchlight.

Didnt get to play much of Nox though. Will be Duelist if I can get in.

EDIT: Well the team seems kinda cool in that if you can post beta screens/media, but only after asking for permission.

Telaso said:
How sick is our society that (boobies) makes something wrong and taboo, but the massive blood poll and people missing their heads is ok?

Actually I find the pool of blood more upsetting but then I'm Australian, we're more sophisticated here. No really, I swear.

Soroc

May want to post a few replies in their forums as well. They are using some math that gives forum users 10x more odds of being selected for beta.

Don't think it matters on how many posts just the fact that you have posted. I posted like 3 or 4 replies.

Muddimar

havocau said:
Anyone got a spare key? Really been dying to try this out since it was announced :)

Spare key?...come on man lets be real lol. We've all been watching the 9 min count down to see if our user name is next on the list. I don't think anyone has any to spare.

The M.O.B

Only 700 people are in the beta right now and apparently the servers are now under some stress so less and less keys will be given out for now.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Scalemail Ted said:
How do you sign up for a beta key. Do you only have to create an account?

Yeah, I suppose. Might not hurt to verify your e-mail and post on the forum somewhere. Here's hoping I get in (eventually)!

Twinduct said:
So ... the timer moved up to 15 mins now?
So that's like 96 codes a day.

Anyone here got in yet?

I got in this morning. The NDA states that if I ask permission first they may allow me to post videos even though it's still a closed beta. So after I play around a bit I'll send a PM to Chris on the forums and post some stuff here if he allows me. It also says at some point beta members will be able to invite people so I'll bring my invites here at that time.

Time to flay some demons!

KKRT00

cooltobeyou said:
I got in this morning. The NDA states that if I ask permission first they may allow me to post videos even though it's still a closed beta. So after I play around a bit I'll send a PM to Chris on the forums and post some stuff here if he allows me. It also says at some point beta members will be able to invite people so I'll bring my invites here at that time.

Its definitely cool to be You. Lucky bastard ;p

Twinduct

cooltobeyou said:

Nice .... should quote your nick here.

Everytime I log into the site, the fucking beta counter is longer!

jogarrr

So the custom skill gem system sounds awesome but the passive skill tree looks pretty great as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kucFP3wN3Eo#t=6m45s

That thing is huuuge. Looks like the sphere grid from FFX.
EDIT: Pic of the full passive skill tree (although it seems that it will undergo major changes soon)

I also found the fact that the game won't be using gold and instead relying on a barter economy pretty neat. Hope it works out well.
http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2011-02-08/dev-diary-currency

The developers seem to have a lot of really interesting ideas for this game. I'm not really interested in the beta (signed up anyways :p) but when this thing launches: day 1. Gotta try my hand at an ironman league (I'll probably chicken out and go with a default league though).

The M.O.B

Still no beta for me, but the impressions from people are really positive. I think we may have another juggernaut entering the F2p realm.

Durante

jogarrr said:
That thing is huuuge. Looks like the sphere grid from FFX.
EDIT: Pic of the full passive skill tree (although it seems that it will undergo major changes soon)
That's awesome. Really does remind me of FFX.

jogarrr said:
The developers seem to have a lot of really interesting ideas for this game. I'm not really interested in the beta (signed up anyways :p) but when this thing launches: day 1. Gotta try my hand at an ironman league (I'll probably chicken out and go with a default league though).
I really like their way of implementing Hardcore mode.

So I've played the beta for a couple hours, and its fantastic. I'm not really supposed to say what the stat/skill systems are like, but they are awesome and the skill menu is meaty as hell. For those of you worried about the beast that diablo 3 may have become, worry no more. This game is diablo 2 with a lot of evolved concepts and better graphics.

RuGalz

AllIsOneIsNone said:
So I've played the beta for a couple hours, and its fantastic. I'm not really supposed to say what the stat/skill systems are like, but they are awesome and the skill menu is meaty as hell. For those of you worried about the beast that diablo 3 may have become, worry no more. This game is diablo 2 with a lot of evolved concepts and better graphics.

Does the game require a lot of mouse clicking or can you click and hold sort of thing?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy mud batman! In motion, it truly looks like crap.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Looks fine to me. Would like to see it higher res, UI needs an overhaul.

Top Bottom