• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile (F2P Loot Hack 'n Slash) Open beta later this year

I had a hardcore Dual Strike Avatar of Fire Templar as my first ever character. The fast attack speed of the skill is nice, just got annoying to have to target each and every mob. Also not coincidentally, my last dual wield character. The lack of defense was so stressful; I think he made it to like 44 or so (eventually died to Ruthless Railrake)

Since I quit D3 I decided to give this game a try. Been playing templar for a bit, then rolled a ranger which I vastly prefer.
I quite like it, but one thing that bothers me is the loot system in parties. If I'm too late to loot a rare, it just becomes free for all for the entire party. I don't understand how people are okay with that. This doesn't make multiplayer very attractive for me.

eek5

Since I quit D3 I decided to give this game a try. Been playing templar for a bit, then rolled a ranger which I vastly prefer.
I quite like it, but one thing that bothers me is the loot system in parties. If I'm too late to loot a rare, it just becomes free for all for the entire party. I don't understand how people are okay with that. This doesn't make multiplayer very attractive for me.

It used to be FFA with no timer so this is slightly better for ranged players.

syko de4d

Awesome. GGG creates banner ads with the help from the Community

This is the first one

PathOfExile.gif

Perkel

Banned
Daaamn. I love all of "BotW" characters.

Any ETA on launch?

Open BETA in 1-2 months from there you can play all you want since it's F2P.

As of full game i don't really know, noone knows. With open BETA i hear they will add ACT3 from total 4 acts.

R1CHO

I started playing yesterday, and already at level 20 with my main character.

The game is pretty good, a lot of interesting ideas, definitely worth the 10$ as it is right now.

Max

I am not Max
Loving this game again now that I'm comlpetely over Diablo 3, playing as a Ranger. I really hope release isn't too far off from the open beta

Nice seeing people run around with their $100 kiwi pets as well

MrDaravon

Is there any way to still score Beta keys at this point? Watched a bunch of videos of this today and it looks awesome and I'm completely sick of Diablo, but I'm totally flat broke until Friday :(

accx

Would anyone be so kind and direct me to a site with better on hands information than there main site? Specifically regarding builds. Wading through countless threads on there inferior forum makes my head hurt.
Been wanting to play this (but have had D3 in the mean time), but i remember finding the skill system (specifically the passive skills) a little daunting.

Better yet, would anyone recommend a fast paced class? I've been leaning towards the shadow but both ranger and witches sounds cool. I almost always play int and dex classes.

Max

I am not Max
Would anyone be so kind and direct me to a site with better on hands information than there main site? Specifically regarding builds. Wading through countless threads on there inferior forum makes my head hurt.
Been wanting to play this (but have had D3 in the mean time), but i remember finding the skill system (specifically the passive skills) a little daunting.

Better yet, would anyone recommend a fast paced class? I've been leaning towards the shadow but both ranger and witches sounds cool. I almost always play int and dex classes.
I found it pretty overwhelming at first as well, what you need to do is look ahead at the higher skill passives that your points can connect to and choose accordingly to how you want your character to be

There's nothing wrong with experimenting, especially since its the closed beta and you'll be losing characters anyways

Is there any way to still score Beta keys at this point? Watched a bunch of videos of this today and it looks awesome and I'm completely sick of Diablo, but I'm totally flat broke until Friday :(

They give away a key every five minutes, last time I checked, so sign up and cross your fingers.

MrDaravon

They give away a key every five minutes, last time I checked, so sign up and cross your fingers.

Yeah I signed up yesterday, no-go yet :(. I would have only really had any substantial time to play it over this weekend, and I'll probably just buy access on Friday anyway.

eek5

Yeah I figured the counter was partly rigged.

It's not really rigged. Just a lot of people who probably have no interest in the game anymore or at least way less interest than when they signed up. They should've implemented a system that weighted the picks towards people who have logged into the forums within a certain time frame or something.

Max

I am not Max
Yesterday whilst playing in a group of 5, I thought to myself "this is pure diablo 2 bliss". I don't know why I couldn't get into this before, maybe my D3 woes, or since picking a more interesting class, but right now I'm enjoying the hell out of this game.

I might have to drop $25 on that kiwi donation

I simply said, "Just $10, and it's easy to pay. Yoink.", and I do not miss the $10. I mean, I could have never played the game and I still don't miss the $10, it's that convenient.

I simply said, "Just $10, and it's easy to pay. Yoink.", and I do not miss the $10. I mean, I could have never played the game and I still don't miss the $10, it's that convenient.

I'd rather spend the money when they go into open beta and have more stuff in the store than char slots and storage tabs.

Frawdder

I know the open beta is going to happen quite soon but if anyone wants in right now I have three two one beta key sitting in my account, completely forgot about them otherwise I would have posted sooner. PM me if you're interested.

Finally figured out that I can catch up in a party by convincing somebody to throw up a portal.

Also my Templar's name (IAMKORMAC) makes it really easy to derail the public chat.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've been watching the Build of the Week videos and I think I need to give this game another go. I wasn't impressed in the small amount I played during an open beta even a couple of months ago, but I feel like these guys deserve support. I'll probably buy the $15 supporter pack (maybe even higher) in the next couple of days.

Nymerio

Finally figured out that I can catch up in a party by convincing somebody to throw up a portal.

Also my Templar's name (IAMKORMAC) makes it really easy to derail the public chat.

LOL, nice.

Weapon swapping should be in the next patch, right? I'll try to get some friends to try this out, we're all kinda burned out on D3 and I think they'd really like PoE.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare beta key? I already have an account and I can use my brother's account too, but a third key would allow all three of us to play together...

syko de4d

When is this coming?

with 0.9.11 which will come at the end of this week.

0.9.11 will include the new Skill tree, the new Endgame (Maps), Weapon Swapping(yeahe), Act 2 Endboss and many other little things. (The patches in the next 4-6weeks will be like 1-2 Big addons with things like PvP, Endgame, many new Skills, Act 3 etc. *g*)
I hope we will see some new skills :)

R1CHO

with 0.9.11 which will come at the end of this week.

0.9.11 will include the new Skill tree, the new Endgame (Maps), Weapon Swapping(yeahe), Act 2 Endboss and many other little things. (The patches in the next 4-6weeks will be like 1-2 Big addons with things like PvP, Endgame, many new Skills, Act 3 etc. *g*)
I hope we will see some new skills :)

Holy shit, now i am hyped.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I love how they were like "Yeah, so this massive passive skill tree was well received, but it was confusing. So, instead of just telling people where to go, we redesigned THE WHOLE THING."

Bless these guys for putting this kind of work into the game. I love the passive skill tree.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I liked the old passive skill tree better. More choices is always better. Got to make it noob friendly though, :(.

Not everyone is Dr. Video Games.

I mean, who really would put their first 5 points into Critical strike? That doesn't even make sense. But, of course, you know someone would.

I would have rather they keep the tree, and make respecs more accessible.

Top Bottom