• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pathfinder MMO Announced

Dyno

Last three games we played were in the Pathfinder universe. Pathfinder is a good game and it has a decent setting.

Why does everything have to be an MMO? What's wrong with making something like NWN?

Edit: To elaborate further, I would rather see a tight experience and have some back and forth DM/Player interaction, since that's what Pathfinder and any other Pen n Paper RPG is all about IMO. It sounds like a neat idea to concentrate on player interaction to start things out, but massive player interaction is already safely in the hands of CCP with the World of Darkness MMO.

Xiaoki

So you know nothing about this then? Read up then post.

"The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game is a fantasy role-playing game first published in 2009 by Paizo Publishing. It extends and modifies the Revised 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons' game rules published by Wizards of the Coast."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathfinder_Roleplaying_Game

Ive done 1 Pathfinder P&P campaign and read 3 of the novels.

So, yes, I know nothing about Pathfinder. Nothing at all.

Also, I said TSR instead of Wizards of the Coast. Im old school, sue me.

"The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game is a fantasy role-playing game first published in 2009 by Paizo Publishing. It extends and modifies the Revised 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons' game rules published by Wizards of the Coast."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathfinder_Roleplaying_Game

Ive done 1 Pathfinder P&P campaign and read 3 of the novels.

So, yes, I know nothing about Pathfinder. Nothing at all.

Also, I said TSR instead of Wizards of the Coast. Im old school, sue me.

It's not a TSR or WOTC campaign. The ruleset is based on the 3.5 ruleset, which is not a campaign. ...and if you bothered to read the blogs it's not a generic anything so far. It has NONE of the generic design goals of any generic wow-game MMO out there. It's based on the EVE sandbox model.

So again read then post. Or be another negative internet guy. Up to you.

deim0s

They should've started with a ye'old SP RPG first to test the waters a bit.

I like the rules, but not the universe. So, not interested.

Xiaoki

It's not a TSR or WOTC campaign. ...and if you bothered to read the blogs it's not a generic anything so far. It has NONE of the generic design goals of any generic wow-game MMO out there. It's based on the EVE sandbox model.

So again read then post. Or be another negative internet guy. Up to you.

I never said anything about WoW. Where did I say anything about WoW?

Read my post then respond. Or be another prejudgmental internet guy.

I never said anything about WoW. Where did I say anything about WoW?

Read my post then respond. Or be another prejudgmental internet guy.

You didn't have to say WOW. It's part of "D&D inspired generic fantasy MMO" at this point.

Either way your whole post could have been avoided if you had bothered to actually read before posting.

[x] Not a TSR inspired campaign
[x] Not any sort of campaign since it's fully sandboxed
[x] Not in any form of thinking a "D&D inspired generic fantasy MMO"

Kientin

Only had time to read one blog post, but this sounds pretty sweet so far. I do love D&D and have always been interested in Pathfinder. Thanks for posting these I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Top Bottom