• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Patty Jenkins Set to Direct Wonder Woman 2

joe2187

Banned
I mean, it would be stupid to not have her.

Although it still sucks that the next major film we'll see WW in is Justice League which no matter how much they reshoot and rewrite...still looks like an immense flopping turd.

Sweet.

Guess she's also set for more sequels as well?

Anyways looking forward to story info later on. Wonder what villain they are gonna use

You just know that after the news broke out about Trevorrow getting fired from Episode IX broke out, Warner Bros were going to do everything in their power to rush and make sure that they had Patty signed on for this before Lucasfilm could potentially reach out to her and nab her for IX.

a916

Sweet, looking forward to her further putting her stamp on Wonder Woman. She really got a lot out of Gal Gadot, a performance that I didn't think was capable. They both were amazing.

open with her busting the Hitler bunker
rest of the movie is extralegal undercover super-ops during the cold war
just don't end it with good energy beam vs evil energy beam

Boem

I thought this was announced soon after release, but I guess it's official now.

I'm happy Patty Jenkins turned out to be the biggest creative name in superhero movies right now. When it comes to directors that is, it's hard to beat Kevin Feige without starting your own empire.

I thought this was announced soon after release, but I guess it's official now.

I'm happy Patty Jenkins turned out to be the biggest creative name in superhero movies right now. When it comes to directors that is, it's hard to beat Kevin Feige without starting your own empire.

She had dinner with Donner and Johns the same day WW2 was announced. She was probably in it from the start but the contract needed fixing.

JCHandsom

Super excited (not surprised)

tenor.gif

firelogic

You just know that after the news broke out about Trevorrow getting fired from Episode IX broke out, Warner Bros were going to do everything in their power to rush and make sure that they had Patty signed on for this before Lucasfilm could potentially reach out to her and nab her for IX.

I don't think Patty would have wanted to work on a Star Wars movie where she basically has zero input. She doesn't just pick up movies willy nilly as evidenced by her long absence after Monster where she said she didn't have any projects she wanted to do.

tci

Good news. Hopefully she is consistent. Will be interesting to see where they are taking Wonder Woman next.

She has WB 3rd highest domestic grossing film of all time.

I think she's gonna have 99.9% creative control here. Other then having to connect it the DC Universe in some way or something.

Penguin

Btw Variety is reporting she's getting $7 to $9 million.

Yeah sounds like she got a sweet, sweet deal and totally deserved.

Sources say Jenkins will receive directing and writing fees in the high seven figures (think somewhere in the $7 to $9 million range) on Wonder Woman 2 but, more significantly, will have a considerable backend. (At her peak, Nancy Meyers earned in the $5 million range, according to sources.) The deal is a superheroic leap for Jenkins, who was paid $1 million for directing the initial Wonder Woman but was looking to get something more on the level of Zack Snyder's pay after he directed Man of Steel, according to sources. Just like the Wonder Woman movie broke glass ceilings for superhero movies, Jenkins' deal breaks glass for women directors.

Ridley327

Yeah sounds like she got a sweet, sweet deal and totally deserved.

Damn, she's getting paid. A lot of directors would kill for a contract like that.

I expected.... more?

Outside of Spielberg and Nolan, directors really don't get big paydays to begin with and usually have to rely on backend participation to make up for it. Getting that much upfront is very nice indeed.

The fact that they she had to be pushed to return is great & insulting at the same time. At least she's back, and it seems like she's getting paid well too.

Good! The Star Wars Episode IX directorial vacuum had me a tiny bit worried.
I enjoyed the film but I hope we'll get a Spidey 1 to 2 jump in quality and hopefully this time WB will invest a bit more into some decent special effects.

Ross61

Damn, she's getting paid. A lot of directors would kill for a contract like that.

Outside of Spielberg and Nolan, directors really don't get big paydays to begin with and usually have to rely on backend participation to make up for it. Getting that much upfront is very nice indeed.
From the talk of "dump trucks" and "sweet sweet" money I expected more.

From the talk of "dump trucks" and "sweet sweet" money I expected more.
For context, that is more than J.J. Abrams was paid upfront for Star Wars (<$5million IIRC), but he also got 2% backend and that movie almost made a billion dollars domestically.

WW2 is gonna make bank, so whatever her % is is where the real money lies.

GrayFoxPL

Just no shitty boss fight at the end and all will be good.

More screenwriter's fault but... Director is the boss! ;)

Ross61

For context, that is more than J.J. Abrams was paid upfront for Star Wars (<$5million IIRC), but he also got 2% backend and that movie almost made a billion dollars domestically.

WW2 is gonna make bank, so whatever her % is is where the real money lies.
Just seems so.....unimpressive.

Top Bottom