• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Ryan got on one knee to beg for Trumpcare votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davide

18xDOfk.gif

I wonder if this will be the 2020 presidential debate.

mozfan12

Banned
I'm guessing he saw this bill as his best chance to move up the political chain. When he saw the writing on the wall, he got desperate. Dude was a joke already, this just basically confirms that he can't get anything done. He's done and from what it looks like the Trump team and I gotta believe other Republicans will use him as the scapegoat for this embarrassment.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
There's a simple way to avoid things like this. Just, you know... write a bill that's actually good, and can be supported by everyone on its own merits.
The only way you can improve on the ACA is by moving to the left of what it achieved. It's anathema to Ryan's plan of providing more benefits to the rich. He, nor anyone in the GOP, can write a "better" bill than what they've fought for the last seven years without somehow seeming like they are willing to fuck over their constituents.

Don Young didn't want to get on board? Wow. He can go pound for pound against any other congressional member in terms of rank despicably. He's also one of the most rabidly anti-gay members of the GOP, and that's saying something.

thuway

After Ryan made those comments about being excited about deconstructing health care and bankrupting it - I cannot believe this man has a future in politics. Republican or Democrat- free healthcare is an inevitably, and this draconian hand waving going on is only a stall to the inevitable.

No matter what side of the aisle you are on, universal healthcare will always win out, no matter the politic.

Ploid 3.0

Even when these guys lose they are still winning. I wonder how much they make from trying to ruin lives to help their wealthy buddies.

This level of indignity is even more satisfying when you consider that absurd quote about him looking forward to stripping Medicaid since partying in college.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
16kristofWeb-superJumbo.jpg

What is it called when you beg god for something to happen?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Trump is a dignity black hole. He embarrassed Mitt Romney for some frog legs

C64d2RTVsAAHNnL.jpg:large

This seems like Trump's special ability: making otherwise principled humans grovel before him in the most humiliating way possible to ensure that, by the end, they somehow look more pathetic than trump himself.

It's really something to behold and I have a feeling all of America will feel that way before he leaves office.

turtle553

Sounds more like kneeling down to talk to an old man in a chair. Like saying hi to a grandparent. Not the best look, but I don't think it's begging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom