• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2014 Thread: Meet-up details in OP

krae_man

Meetup: Sunday Aug 31st. @8pm

Directions and more details in meetup thread:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=884588&

PAX IS NOW COMPLETELY SOLD OUT

iwMreeV.jpg

Looking for a Hotel? PAX blocked off all the rooms at a bunch of hotels near the convention centre. Book rooms at these hotels here

When those book up, just use Orbitz, Expedia or whatever is your travel website of choice. You're probably better off booking flight + hotel together with one of them to get the best overall rate if you don't get in on any of the cheap hotels in the above link.

Flights? Again just use your travel website of choice

Looking to share a room? Feel free to ask around here. Otherwise, check out the official PA forums. They have a dedicated room share thread here.

Q)What is PAX and why should I go?
A) PAX is an amazing gaming and just general geek stuff convention. It's got Demo stations with all the games that were at E3 playable, amazing panels, a Retro Arcade, a table top room, concerts, lots of merch booths, you name it they got it. It takes place Aug 29-Sept 1st.

Q)Where is the Convention?
A) It's at the Washington State Convention Center on the corner of Pike and 7th in downtown Seattle

Q)How do I get there from the airport?
A) You take Sound Transit. One train from the airport will take you right downtown within walking distance to the convention center and all the hotels. And it only cost $2.75! No need to take an expensive cab or rent a car.

Q)What exhibitors will be there?
A) Official exhibitor list and floor plan will be announced closer to the event. But typically, Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft as well as all the major publishers attend and have booths. There's also a bunch of cool indie games to try out with the PAX 10.

Q)What is the panel schedule?

http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule

Q)Will there be a GAF meetup?
A) Yes! Details to follow. Myself and some Seattle Gaffers will make sure that happens. Hopefully EA won't steal our spot this time *shakes fist*

Tentatively eyeing Sunday Night. Will update later once confirmed.

Q) I'm not at PAX, any way I can experience it at home?
A) Yes! Two of the theatres will be live streamed the entire weekend.

The Main Theatre will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/pax, Schedule

The Hedgehog Theatre will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/pax2. Schedule

Things you should Bring with you:
-Snacks and Water. You're going to be waiting in line a lot to get into your favorite panels and to try the lateset games. It always helps to have snacks and beverages so you don't have to decide between waiting in line for food or going to another panel/playing another game. There's lots of awesome resturants in Seattle, but if you want a quick cheap meal near everything there's a Jimmy John's in the mall on 6th and Pine, and another on 5th near Union. There's also two McDonalds close. One on Third and Pine, and another on 6th and Virginia. There's a grocery store on 4th and Lenora that's good for grabbing snacks to take with you to the convention center too.

Oh and you absolutely, positivly have to get a Top Pot Donut. Seriously, they rock.

-Handheld game systems. You name it, people there will have it. Though the most popular thing is the 3DS since it's the best chance you'll get to take advantage of Street Pass and collect all the Puzzle pieces and finish Find Mii I and II.

-Something to sit on. The floor can be hard on the old backside. Bring a cushon with you, or for elite level line waiting, bring a slacker stool.

-A easy to carry bag. You're going to need it for all the above, plus the swag you'll get. Don't go overboard though as you will have to carry everything with you all day. You're not backpacking across Europe. Some people bring poster tubes to keep posters they acquire in good condition.

Protips:

-Finding a power outlet to charge your stuff isn't the hardest thing to find, and you might make a new friend huddled around one. But you should probably invest in a external battery pack. After you buy one, you'll wonder how you ever traveled without it before.

-How long should you wait in line for a panel? 30 minutes to an hour is usually a good rule of thumb. It all depends on what you want to see. Some won't "sell you" so you could stroll up 5 minutes before it starts and get in no problem. Others like the Gearbox Panel, you better get there 2 hours early because everyone knows they will be giving out free stuff. Gameshow night is really popular, You're going to want to line up for that one really early, Giant Bomb the same. Keiji Inafune's panel will likely also be popular.

-Get your sleep. you probably don't need the full 8 hours, but you don't want to be getting back to your hotel room at 4am and then waking up at 7 so you can be near the front of the line for when the convention center opens at 10am every day.

-You won't be able to see/do everything. Pick your priorities and wait it out.

-If in doubt, ask and enforcer. They are all super nice and very helpful.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

In line for badges and hotels.

Hotel page shows: Number of users in line ahead of you: 474

Can't tell for the badge site.

Good luck all.

Moofers

the fuck? 4 days sold out already? I got in the queue within like 3 minutes of the Official PAX tweet. That's bullshit.

*wow so I guess its true. Thats absurd.

_woLf

4 Days are showing up as sold out for the person sitting next to me. I'm still in queue though. :(

Fuckin' crazy, man.

evilalien

The queue is clearly trying to let me in as the page title changed and it is trying to load a page, but it is just stuck loading. Opening the link in a new tab does the same thing. I just want to get in and buy my tickets.:(

Lexxon

I got a hotel super easily, but still waiting on tix...was like 2 minutes too late to get in right as they tweeted. Hope it's enough for single days.

I've gone to East 4 straight years but am strongly considering a Seattle vaca this year--I'd love to see the city, and what a great excuse to go.

Top Bottom