• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2014 Thread: Meet-up details in OP

Allforce

So who's going to San Antonio!?!

*crickets*

Please don't tell me I'm the only GAFfer going to Texas for this thing....

Hyrule Warriors event was awesome, they gave out scarves and tshirts to everyone that was there early enough, also had food too! Li Kovacs was there as well with a fantastic Hyrule Warriors Zelda cosplay

Early enough being 5 PM for a 7 PM event. Jeez they ran out of scarves and shirts fast. Finally got in at like 9 PM, found quite a few old friends there. Li's Zelda was great.

So what's the consensus on PAX this year? Better/worse than before?

As my first year going it was a lot to take in. Didn't really stand in line for anything and got a decent amount of swag. I should've made more plans to attend the parties though.

I'll probably go next year if I'm lucky enough to get tickets.

kiryogi

Banned
Early enough being 5 PM for a 7 PM event. Jeez they ran out of scarves and shirts fast. Finally got in at like 9 PM, found quite a few old friends there. Li's Zelda was great.

Well they said first come first serve. . . Or in cosplay in good timing. Usually for any major developer panel or event, you want to be 2-3 hours in advance, unless PAX enforcement is around. But this was Nintendo ran so. . . Sad thing about the cosplay tho, there was a really good Skyward Sword Zelda that tried popping in last minute, but got denied. To their credit though, the use of the wristbands worked out well to guarantee those that got there in time.

As my first year going it was a lot to take in. Didn't really stand in line for anything and got a decent amount of swag. I should've made more plans to attend the parties though.

Had a great yet tiring time from panel to panel, and all the line standing. Sounded like GAF meetup was cool too, but I was there with other folks already, plus had other plans during GAF meetup times. IE The concerts.

krae_man

Content wise This PAX wasn't anything special. No new consoles to try for the first time or tons of jaw dropping must have games playable for the first time ala Uncharted. However, I had more fun this weekend then I've probably ever had. Met a lot of cool people waiting in line and at the parties and hung out with my GAF peeps almost every night.

It was an amazing weekend and I can't wait to do it again.

This was my first PAX, I got tickets for Saturday and Sunday, but on the second day I was so bored that I left and went home at 2 PM.

I don't care about FPS, MOBAs nor board games, so I don't think I'm part of the target audience. The only panel I went to was the Grim Fandango one, it was awesome because I got to see Peter McConnell and Tim Schafer, but they didn't really show or say anything interesting about the remaster.

Too be honest, I think the only good part of the event were the indie booths, cause the games were pure fun. Also it was the best and easiest way to try the Oculus Rift.

Still, I waited one hour for Hyrule Warriors and it was great, but I feel that I won't do that again in my life.

Oh, my other highlight was playing NIdhogg on PS4, lol.

dLMN8R

This was my first PAX, I got tickets for Saturday and Sunday, but on the second day I was so bored that I left and went home at 2 PM.

I don't care about FPS, MOBAs nor board games, so I don't think I'm part of the target audience. The only panel I went to was the Grim Fandango one, it was awesome because I got to see Peter McConnell and Tim Schafer, but they didn't really show or say anything interesting about the remaster.

Too be honest, I think the only good part of the event were the indie booths, cause the games were pure fun. Also it was the best and easiest way to try the Oculus Rift.

Still, I waited one hour for Hyrule Warriors and it was great, but I feel that I won't do that again in my life.

Oh, my other highlight was playing NIdhogg on PS4, lol.
The show has hundreds of incredible indie games just waiting for you to discover them. If all you see are FPSs, MOBAs, and board games, I think you weren't looking hard enough.

krae_man

Okay this made me laugh:

1kLOdKG.jpg

and cry a little

Firestorm

People waited an hour to play Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin? @_@ I just looked at someone play it for a bit and realized I should probably sell off my pre-order.

Top Bottom