• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2014 Thread: Meet-up details in OP

krae_man

"The floor" wise this PAX is... incredibly underwhelming.

Am I missing something or is Sony basically a no show? All I saw was the SOE booth.

Looking up that Toronto fan EXPO.... looks like pretty much everyone devoted more resources to it.

Not to mention an almost complete lack of swag.. like I got.. nothing.. spent 4-5 hours wandering yesterday. Got the PAX swag bag that had almost nothing.. I don't care about it being "free" either.. I'd throw a dollar or 2 at every booth that had something to give.. it just seams like there is nothing to get.. last PAX by end of day one I had a lanyard covered in free pins from games and companies.

I'm not a panel guy so this may end up just being a short and kind of lame PAX for me.

Sony had everything on the other side across the sky bridge. Bloodborne, lbp3, the order, some cool vita stuff etc.

Right now I'm chillin in the order line giving a personal messsage pls respond to every female mii I meet for the second time or more.

Its the little things that are most fun.

Fan expo is not better. Appart from the Sony, ms, and ubi booths(all of which are here and bigger/better), its nothing but merch.

I've been experiencing a strange phenomenon here at PAX where if I bump into somebody they freak out and start apologizing to me like crazy.

...shouldn't I be the one apologizing? Don't worry guy, I'm not gonna hurt you, trust me.

It's the proximity to Canada.

Seems to me like the most popular games were Borderlands and the Big 3 booths (Sony/MS/Nintendo). Evolve drew a decent crowd too.

Went to the Game Show Pyramid last night and it was fun, though I realized too late Bioware had a Shadow Realms party (free booze and pizza) next door.

Agree the swag doesn't seem that good. I brought a poster tube but didn't find anything to put in it. If you pin the Intel button though I've heard you get stuff. I did get 4 T-shirts by pre-ordering (and then cancelling) The Crew, AC Unity, Far Cry, and The Witcher 3.

riotous

Banned
Sony had everything on the other side across the sky bridge. Bloodborne, lbp3, the order, some cool vita stuff etc..

Yeah I managed to find the Sony booth today.. not sure how I missed it.

Had quite a bit more fun today; just for some reason felt off at first.

dLMN8R

Definitely check out the puzzle game from the creators of Serious Sam. Talos Principle I think it's called. Lots of fun, and if you solve all the puzzles including a secret you get a free t-shirt! :)

You'll find it in the indie mega booth.

If anybody feels like skipping out on the party lines I think me and a few friends are going to be hanging out at Gameworks tonight. Let's hang!

udiie

2UuKwAi.jpg
Anyone get any cool pins? I traded for a pin of GAFs favourite game journo, Ben Kuchera

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If anybody feels like skipping out on the party lines I think me and a few friends are going to be hanging out at Gameworks tonight. Let's hang!

Manshion Gaf meet up? I may be able to swing over after Giant Bomb's panel.

Also I need that corgi pin for the girlfriend... I need to buy it somewhere.

At Gameworks now. I'm the bearded guy in the baseball tee with glasses.

What's so cool about this Gameworks place?

This is my first PAX, and I have to say I'm really disappointed at the lack of swag, the convention center being a maze and the lack of real maps in the place (and also outside of it).

EDIT: Is it me or aren't the best booths and games the indie ones? I mean, they are great for getting to know you've never heard of! The rest of the booths are just big IPs, FPS and MOBAs.

Mully

I interviewed the guys from Hand of Fate earlier.

Going into it I thought I would hate it since its a card game. I never enjoyed them. With that said, Hand of Fate is probably the most memorable game for me. It's a card game, that turns into an action RPG, and it's not free-to-play. I'd say check it out if you have the time.

The War of Mine is also come a long way since I saw it at PAX East. It's a point and click survival game set in a city that's under seige during a war. Really interesting stuff.

_woLf

Just discovered the Archeage key that came with the bag of swag at Trion's party last night was for a Silver Founder level account unlock. That's worth $50. Awesome!

Also, my girlfriend won a free month of lootcrate. Score :)

On the bad side, I'm a bit annoyed with the Oculus guys. I waited in line for 45 mins to play it yesterday, got the 3rd person kid platformer game (forgot it's name at the moment, Lucky's Tale I think?) and it was fine. I wanted to try a different demo, so I waited for 45 mins yet again today. Finally made it to the end of the line, asked if I could kindly not be put at the same demo since I had waited to see it yesterday, they said "No, you get what you get."

I got the exact same fucking demo, at the exact same location and seat I had yesterday. :( Same guy working, too. Asked him if I could wait to get a demo I hadn't played and he said "No, but you can leave if you want."

Thanks you guys! It's not like I waited almost a fucking hour or anything...

Gameworks is cool cause there are video games and alcohol. Plus me and krae_man are here. Enough said.

That sounds cool!! But I'm at home right now, going to bed early for tomorrow :)

Just discovered the Archeage key that came with the bag of swag at Trion's party last night was for a Silver Founder level account unlock. That's worth $50. Awesome!

Also, my girlfriend won a free month of lootcrate. Score :)

On the bad side, I'm a bit annoyed with the Oculus guys. I waited in line for 45 mins to play it yesterday, got the 3rd person kid platformer game (forgot it's name at the moment, Lucky's Tale I think?) and it was fine. I wanted to try a different demo, so I waited for 45 mins yet again today. Finally made it to the end of the line, asked if I could kindly not be put at the same demo since I had waited to see it yesterday, they said "No, you get what you get."

I got the exact same fucking demo, at the exact same location and seat I had yesterday. :( Same guy working, too. Asked him if I could wait to get a demo I hadn't played and he said "No, but you can leave if you want."

Thanks you guys! It's not like I waited almost a fucking hour or anything...

Wow, what an asshole. What's funny though, is that I think it is WAY easier to try the Oculus Rift by going to the indie game booths that have one.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
That was a fun Retrogame Roadshow as usual. I participated by showing my PC-Engine Clone and was quite nervous, but I felt I did ok. The music box that one guy had was the best thing there. very impressive.

That was a fun Retrogame Roadshow as usual. I participated by showing my PC-Engine Clone and was quite nervous, but I felt I did ok. The music box that one guy had was the best thing there. very impressive.

The music box was great! Just hearing it start up punches you right in the gut if you've ever had any love for FFVII.

So, you and the guy with the Go handheld are gaffers!

krae_man

AVGN was at Gameworks when lucky and I were there. Just shook his hand and said love your stuff.

You never know when you are going to run into.

kiryogi

Banned
Hyrule Warriors event was awesome, they gave out scarves and tshirts to everyone that was there early enough, also had food too! Li Kovacs was there as well with a fantastic Hyrule Warriors Zelda cosplay.

On a weekend note. . . Anyone streetpass me yet? Obvious name lol. Although I'm running around with 2 3Dses, one of them with Senran Kagura Shinku, if you ran into that oddity :D

krae_man

Just tried the lucky tail oculus demo. It rocks. Its basically a Mario 64 clone. Visually way better then super Mario 3d land. Mechanics are pretty basic jump, butstomp and grab shells but the stuff that happens when you break blocks rocks.

Evil within looks cool. I got a Siren vibe from it. Tried to shoot my way through it which was a bad idea. Should have his/ran more.

You have torches to burn bodies after you kill them. If you don't torch the body they come back and torches are a limited resourse.

I had the Koei Pasogo.

Yeah that music box was boss.

bakeray

will love long time if someone has extra League of Legends codes. Hope you all enjoyed the show/your time, going to try and make it next year. Had fun watching the Royal Rumble this morning.

krae_man

Thanks for the tip. Do they generally let more people wait in line than will fit? At the front of the 3rd block.

At some point they come around with a counter and cut off the line at the theaters capacity.

Does anyone know why the link to the Twitch archive of last night's Hedgehog Theater panels is broken? It just redirects to the main page.

That's a bummer. There's a panel on tonight I want to see during the GAF meetup. Was hoping to catch it on the archive.

udiie

The dude next to me in the Until Dawn booth got too scared and had to leave. It seems like an idea with lots of potential but the controls were definitely a problem area.

krae_man

Man I drank too much tonight. Thank you so much for everyone who made it out. Hanging out with you guys is why I go to PAX and events like it.

jCwqQlZ1jbAaP.jpg

krae_man

Everyone want to do a goodbye dinner tonight again?

Last year we did it at the elephant and castle pub on 5th around 7pm. That place was nice.

Anyone down again

krae_man

Holy crap, I actually won something from Intel. Was just a shirt but still I thought those damn buttons were pointless.

Guy in front of me won a mp3 player.

riotous

Banned
I'm so sore.. Camping out while my wife and friends wander. If you see a Fetch and a DOA character (Sakura) w/ a 3 year old in tow that's my wife lol/

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Holy crap, I actually won something from Intel. Was just a shirt but still I thought those damn buttons were pointless.

Guy in front of me won a mp3 player.
I saw someone win a whole system. I have yet to get anything. Also those Riot employees are a pain to spot.

Top Bottom