• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX: Secret Hidden Playable characters in The Wonderful 101 (Warning: Secret OMG!)

Bayonetta, Jeanne, and Rodin.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/0...are-playable-characters-in-the-wonderful-101/

tw101_bayo.jpg

Now THIS puzzles me...

Wouldn't Sega's name be in the copyright on the title screen/box whatever? These are technically licensed, and Nintendo should own 101 since I think that's a common practice for Nintendo when publishing new IPs like this.

Fantastic either way and hopefully this entices more to buy the game.

DaBoss

Their copyright thing is in the manual.

And the title is pretty much spoilers. Should have said that secret characters for The Wonderful 101 have been revealed. I don't mind though, but I imagine others may.

robotrock

Banned
Hasn't this game already been out for like a week or two already in Europe/Japan? Are those characters not in those copies?
Are they NA exclusive or something or DLC I am confused

edit: whaaaat? spoilers? :(((

DaBoss

I know and I was conflicted about it, but shouldn't more people know about it despite that? And it will probably do more good than bad if it pulls in more people.

Yea, I can understand why you went for it.

I think that this may have been a more appropriate title "Secret Characters for The Wonderful 101 have been revealed". I don't mind though, but I imagine others may.

Oh, for fuck's sake.

I gather these are meant to be the most secret, final unlockables? Seems the sort of thing that SHOULDN'T BE IN THE FUCKING TITLE OF THE THREAD.

Uhhh.....your are kinda spoiling it with the title. They are supposed to be secret characters. I already knew about it but somebody is bound to be upset.

Gartooth

I understand that some may be upset because they are on media blackout for this game, but can this technically be considered a spoiler if the developers themselves reveal it before release?

I guess you could compare it to unlockable guest characters in other games and how they are often shown pre-release.

Nugg

Thank Kamiya for the spoilers, not the OP. It's not like he posted something he found ingame. It's been announced at PAX. It's sucks, yes, but it's not his fault.

majik13

agree that the title is a spoiler. I knew Bayo was in the game based on seeing that pic of the manual, but was trying to avoid details. Now I know she is playable as well. Thnx OP. Oh well, just a game.

Giolon

It was announced at PAX and it's a headline on multiple gaming news sites this morning, why all the freaking out about spoilers?

PMed a mod, hopefully a more practical solution will be thought of, sorry about that folks. Trying to help, but I knew it was a risk...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Talk about ruining a cool surprise. Lol

The requirements are so strict and demanding to unlock them that I'm pretty sure most people aren't going to be able to do it without a guide telling them specifically how to unlock these characters. lol

I mean game has been out for a week and so far people are just now only unlocking one of them

It was announced at PAX and it's a headline on multiple gaming news sites this morning, why all the freaking out about spoilers?
They are "secret characters" some people are really sensitive to spoilers. Its not story related so it doesn't bother me any but some people will freak out about the title.

ZeroGravity

Because the Internet.

I actually think this should be public knowledge. If it helps push some people to pick up the game, it's worth it.

Guys, is it really that big of a deal? This is like someone freaking out because they found out Lucario was in Brawl before unlocking them.

Anyway, pretty cool. Kind of don't really care if they're just like all the other minor heroes and don't talk or really do anything, though. (At least, I think that's how the minor heroes work.)

Still, cool.

I know and I was conflicted about it, but shouldn't more people know about it despite that? And it will probably do more good than bad if it pulls in more people.

Yeah, I definitely agree with the sentiment as W101 could use any extra sales. Even though it was revealed pre-release by the devs some may want to go in blank.

-Eddman-

Hopefully, every one of you guys pissed off at the spoilers will buy the game ;)

Edit: Kamiya or Nintendo should have asked Capcom for permission to use Viewtiful Joe also

Bayo being playable was kind of obvious, but it's cool to see Jeanne and Rodin too! Too bad Capcom has the rights to Clover's games, Gene and Joe would be dope in this.

LiK

is this really spoilers? i mean, i i understand people wanna be surprised...

OP should've made the thread title more vague tho.

Thanks for the edit. But again, I wish there was a way to get the message out since it's going to excite outsiders, but yeah it'll spoil existing (or pending) owners, what a crossroad.

mantidor

That was an unfortunate spoiler before the edit but if Kamiya mentioned it in a public forum there's little we can do.

Are tW101 sales that bad that Kamiya decided to spoil such secret characters? D: if I had the money I would buy two, like if that would help at all :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I feel sure they worked this out. SEGA and Nintendo are pretty buddy-buddy these days, I can't really see SEGA saying no to them using the characters with their relationship both to Nintendo and Platinum Games and that Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2 with SEGA's okay as well.

Gartooth

Thanks for the edit. But again, I wish there was a way to get the message out since it's going to excite outsiders, but yeah it'll spoil existing (or pending) owners, what a crossroad.

I wouldn't be too upset about spoiling people with the title as I don't believe that was your intent.

If I happened to be a Bayonetta fan that had no interest in W101 previously I would definitely want to know about this. It's unfortunately a bit of a balancing act though as there is probably a crowd that is interested in hearing this and one that is not.

Top Bottom