• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX: Secret Hidden Playable characters in The Wonderful 101 (Warning: Secret OMG!)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Are people really complaining about this reveal?
Imo this should have been advertised, not hidden, more people would have bought the game.

I wouldn't be too upset about spoiling people with the title as I don't believe that was your intent.

If I happened to be a Bayonetta fan that had no interest in W101 previously I would definitely want to know about this. It's unfortunately a bit of a balancing act though as there is probably a crowd that is interested in hearing this and one that is not.

Well for better or worse, sites are posting it it seems, so there's that. :p Still GAF has a sizable population that would want to know (and not already interested in the game) so yeah. :(

Me I thought it was neat and made me more excited. :)

Neff

It's relatively easy to avoid such information being divulged at a games show press conference, should you wish to. It's less easy to avoid a thread title on a super-popular message board.

Common sense would be to state that hidden characters have been revealed in the thread title, with identities in the thread only for those who wish to see them.

I've been through the game twice and there's no sign of any of these guys, so without Kamiya's intervention, this would still be a pretty big secret, and I'm sure many would have preferred to keep it that way. Be sensible and don't take it upon yourself to decide for others what's spoiler-worthy and what isn't. Be respectful of their enjoyment and willingness to experience entertainment fresh.

Exciting news for me, though.

I will never get peoples sensitivity to non-narrative spoilers with anything.

Because people play games for other reasons than narrative. Most people in fact.

Robin64

Better be careful, various gaming sites are all posting this news with the hardcore spoilers right there in the title.

Anyway, I bet this gets one or two more people to buy the game. :)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So when we talk about these characters in the actual OT do we really have to spoiler tag them?

I'm even more excited for this now. I'll probably never unlock them because they probably require some insane skill, but will very cool.

I wish Sam Gideon was in this as well.

Because people play games for other reasons that narrative. Most people in fact.

Including me, but people get way to excited over not hearing anything for fear of being spoiled unless it was shared in the press or was news before. like that makes things better. It's a weird compulsive fear in my book and being scared of it ruins games far more than giving in and just letting yourself being excited when you hear of all the things you can do in a game wether it's official or not.

I'm pissed because I'm halfway through the game. I intentionally am avoiding the OT to avoid anything spoiled. To have the final unlockables spoiled in the title of a thread that I have no way of avoiding is completely insensitive.

Neff

Including me, but people get way to excited over not hearing anything for fear of being spoiled unless it was shared in the press or was news before. like that makes things better. It's a weird compulsive fear in my book and being scared of it ruins games far more than giving in and just letting yourself being excited when you hear of all the things you can do in a game wether it's official or not.

There are many staggering, jaw-dropping gameplay moments in Wonderful 101 alone that I'd feel bad to reveal to anyone ahead of playing it for themselves, because it just wouldn't have anywhere near the same impact knowing about it ahead of time. It's better to go into any game, book, movie or album fresh, particularly if it's one you're looking forward to, so that your reactions are spontaneous, uncoloured and true to your natural outlook. I don't think official or non official disclosure enters into it. I accept that artists and publishers have to strive to generate interest in their work, and throwing out an abundance of preview material is one of the best ways to do it, particularly to entice those otherwise looking the other way, but gratuitous spoilery in general is just a jerky thing to do, unintentional, official, or otherwise.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It's amazing what people consider to be spoilers. In my opinion, if it is revealed officially, it isn't a spoiler.

Lol yeah, especially when you consider how specific they are to unlock. You're not going to find these by accident or just by playing through the game casually.

This is "guess I gotta look this up" level of unlockable.

Lol yeah, especially when you consider how specific they are to unlock. You're not going to find these by accident or just by playing through the game casually.

This is "guess I gotta look this up" level of unlockable.

The game has a menu telling you the requirements for each hidden character. It's not like you're meant to find them completely by accident.

Bayonetta, who and who?
...who are they

The woman you spend half the game fighting and the guy you buy all your upgrades off and the hardest boss in the game.

Have you even played bayonetta?

As for spoilers, sorry these are the most obvious characters to think are included. Dunno how you can be upset about this. Captain falcon would be a spoiler (and a much better addition considering), not bayonetta.

Top Bottom