• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX South 2015 Attendees Thread Jan 23-25

Mobius 1

Go eat at Mi Tierra, well worth the walk from the convention center area.

I have two badges for Saturday, might not be able to go :(

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
Coming in from Houston Saturday and Sunday.

I never post but i will be at the meetup. I'm always down to drink.

Oh yeah and 31 years old reporting in.

Leaving from Conroe tx (4hr drive approx) pretty soon and am pretty sure I'm ready. I have no idea what to expect but still excited. Anyone know anything parking wise? From what I know the marina garage seems the best option. Just don't know how filled up its going to be.

arne

Got here earlier today. I'm planning on dropping by the meetup on Saturday, and just floating around the floor and panels over the next few days.

molnizzle

So people who have been to other PAX's, how long does it take to get in the door? My buddies and I are trying to decide how early we want to wake up. I don't particularly want to show up at 8:00 AM but I also don't want to waste more time waiting in line than I need to. Any tips?

Also I have an extra set of passes for sale for all 3 days. PM if interested.

Good morning folks. I'm up and getting ready, gonna go eat a good breakfast, maybe stop by a Walmart for a quick supply run then head on down to the convention center.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Man, I woke up at 6 and cant go back to sleep lol. Will be going to a bunch of panels and will be wearing a Rock Band shirt :p

JC Lately

Woo-hoo I'm here! I'm standing in line at the que hall cause it's like 7:45 and the thing doesn't start till ten, but hey!

Glad they didn't make us line up outside. It's like 40 something degrees and the clouds are going to open up any minute.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Woo-hoo I'm here! I'm standing in line at the que hall cause it's like 7:45 and the thing doesn't start till ten, but hey!

Glad they didn't make us line up outside. It's like 40 something degrees and the clouds are going to open up any minute.

Yep, I'm in the main theater line. So man people with their ipads, makes me wish I brought mine lol.

Quadratic

Anyone want to grab breakfast? Headed out of the Marriott soon.

Probably going to Schilo's delicatessen at 424 E Commerce St.

Send over a PM. I'm wearing a Blue Jays Baseball hat all PAX.

JC Lately

Yep, I'm in the main theater line. So man people with their ipads, makes me wish I brought mine lol.

Wait a tick: There is more than one line?!

Everyone here is on their 3DS. Alas the only multiplayer game I have is Theatrythm Curtain call. My street pass is going to blow up though.

akileese

Still at the hotel. Didn't go to bed until like 2am so we've been slow to get going this morning. I'll be wearing a Ness ballcap, a black digg hoodie, and a twitch plays pokemon flareon shirt.

I'm irritated I forgot my Mario Kart 7 cartridge as I really wanted to play. Ah well.

Parking is freaking slow. Trying to get into the marina garage for the last 15 min. Lots of beards and multi color hair walking by.

Btw anyone know if it's cold inside? Wouldnt want to bring a jacket and take it off just to carry it around all day.

jayr281

Holy shit I just woke up because I was at the bar crawl last night. I didn't realize people were lining up already haha. I'll be rocking my A&M hoodie all weekend.

JC Lately

I'd say I'm the black guy with silver and black Hyrule Crest shirt on, but that probably wouldn't even begin to narrow it down.

Parking is freaking slow. Trying to get into the marina garage for the last 15 min. Lots of beards and multi color hair walking by.

Btw anyone know if it's cold inside? Wouldnt want to bring a jacket and take it off just to carry it around all day.

It was 45 degrees last I checked. They have coat check available. Not sure where, but I'm gonna find it as soon as they release this line.

Quadratic

Wait a tick: There is more than one line?!

Everyone here is on their 3DS. Alas the only multiplayer game I have is Theatrythm Curtain call. My street pass is going to blow up though.

Perfect time to finish all those puzzles. You'll probably get a ton of passes so make sure you clear often.

Meier

I bought too much at Franklins. But I'm not sure if you want to eat 2 day old brisket. It was godly. Definitely lived up to the hype.

Franklin is good two days later. Trust. I actually almost like it better when I eat the leftovers as crazy as that sounds.. might just be due to not having waited 5 or 6 hours to get it.

I hope they do this thing in Austin next year. I assume the governor's inauguration meant they couldn't get the meeting or hotel space so hopefully this is a one time thing.

I'm In the 2nd holding line in the very back. Have a giantbomb shirt and slacks on. A bunch of people already sitting and laying down. Getting them street passes while I wait.

Geoff keighly story time now!

Azerare

I'm currently on the road there. Stopped at a Cracker Barrel for some breakfast! Heading from Austin so not too far!
Looking forward to seeing some gaf attendees!

krae_man

Wow the line to get in is bigger then I thought.

I just got here and I would have thought everyone would be in by now. Still a large line waiting to get in.

JC Lately

Man, RWBY sure is popular here. Didn't realize that series was all that well known.

Also: The lack of Penny cosplayers makes me a sad goddamn panda.

Pastry

Banned
Franklin is good two days later. Trust. I actually almost like it better when I eat the leftovers as crazy as that sounds.. might just be due to not having waited 5 or 6 hours to get it.

I hope they do this thing in Austin next year. I assume the governor's inauguration meant they couldn't get the meeting or hotel space so hopefully this is a one time thing.

San Antonio was announced as the permanent site of PAX South. The primary reason for the decision was the upgrades to the convention center being worked on right now. It is getting a massive upgrade that will be complete by next year. They also said that the proximity of hotels to the convention center played a large part in the decision. Austin is overrated anyway :p

Allforce

I'm here and heading into Rooster Teeth panel, not sure why since I don't know them very well but figured it'd be fun.

I'm just moseying around if you want to ding me on Twitter @Allforce

molnizzle

aIZSdJv.jpg

Top Bottom