• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 sells 1.6 million copies, ~1.3 million are digital sales.

Loved Payday 1, haven't had a chance to pick up the second one yet, but I'm glad they are doing well, especially since it was half the price of a regular release.

GoodlifeX

This game was my biggest surprise of the year and I absolutely love it. Im taking a break from it till more missions come out though. Im looking forward to a 7 day job and maybe some stealth improvements (I hate framing frames!)

ThisOne

Any idea what the breakdown of sales looks like per platform? I'm sure the PC is way ahead but curious to see what the PS3 numbers look like too since the original was first released there.

At Steam, we never run out of copies!™

OMOGPT1.jpg

Swedish translation of PDF document by me, as I am Swedish.

Press Release September 12 2013
PAYDAY 2 has sold 1.58 million copies.

Together with publisher 505 Games Starbreeze can today present sales figures for PAYDAY 2.

After a month in stores the game has sold 1.58 million copies physically and digitally.

It is noteworthy that 80% of these copies were sold digitally. Starbreezes digital strategy is shown to be continually successful.

"As chart-topper on both Steam (PC) and Playstation Network during August we can conclude that PAYDAY 2 is an established brand" said Bo Andersson CEO of Starbreeze AB.

[After that follows a bunch of generic info about Starbreeze]

Original in Swedish said:
Pressmeddelande 12 september 2013
PAYDAY 2 har sålt 1,58 miljoner enheter
Tillsammans med förläggaren 505 Games kan Starbreeze idag presentera försäljningssiffror
för PAYDAY 2.
Efter en månad i handeln har spelet sålt 1,58 miljoner enheter till butik och digitalt.
Det är anmärkningsvärt att 80 % av dessa enheter sålts digitalt. Starbreeze digitala strategi
fortsätter att visa sig vara framgångsrik.
"Som list-etta på Steam (PC) och Playstation Network under augusti kan vi konstatera att
PAYDAY 2 är ett etablerat varumärke" säger Bo Andersson Klint, VD Starbreeze AB.
För mer information vänligen kontakta:
Bo Andersson Klint, VD Starbreeze AB
Tel: 08-209 208, e-post: ir@starbreeze.com
Om Starbreeze:
Starbreeze är en av Sveriges största oberoende spelutvecklare. Starbreeze utvecklar data- och
TV-spel i egen regi och i partnerskap med ledande internationella spelförläggare.
I spelportföljen finns tio titlar som har lanserats, där PAYDAY 2 och Brothers – A Tale of Two
Sons är de senast släppta spelen. Starbreeze grundades 1998 och har drygt 5 000 aktieägare.
För mer info se: www.starbreeze.com

Wrong, it is 100% available on Xbox LIVE for digital download. It has been since the first week of release.
Really? I don't see it on their web marketplace when I searched. Nothing comes up under the games tab, but I do see a link that doesn't go anywhere under the all tab.

Really? I don't see it on their web marketplace when I searched. Nothing comes up under the games tab, but I do see a link that doesn't go anywhere under the all tab.

Lots of games have gone missing for some reason over the past few hours. It was on XBL though and was there from the week of release.

Strange. I couldn't find it with bing search either. Go to Games>Browse Games>On Demand>P>PAYDAY 2 to find it.

MAD Polo

Neo Member

Yeah, I did the same thing as I was going to link to it. Weird.

I bought my copy via Games on Demand on Xbox Live the 2nd Friday after it was released.

def sim

I'm glad! This has been my most played game in the last month or so. Hopefully they deliver the free heists and DLC soon.

Top Bottom