• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC games which support 4+ local players

Stopdoor

Also, woah, Screencheat supports 8-Player locally now. All these games are sneaking up on me that I didn't even realize had 8-Player modes.

samred

Videoball works for 3v3, which fits OP's request.

Chambara isn't out yet on PC, but I've tested it at expos, and it's like Screencheat but better. Monochromatic characters in a world made up mostly of all-white and all-black elements, so you have to use the world to your advantage to hide and attack in an FPS 4p splitscreen deathmatch game. (You can press a button to black your screen out of you wanna mess with screencheaters.)

Blade Ballet debuted at PAX West this weekend. 4p top-down swordplay game. Great mechanics and creative battle arenas.

Death Squared is a 4P co-op puzzle game. Works with 2 or 3 as well. Really clever learn-as-you-go levels.

Has anyone mentioned Ultimate Chicken Horse? 4p competitive version of Super Mario Maker. Always a hit at my parties.

samred

Thanks to this thread, I did some quick Googling... Looks like MAME supports Saturn emulation and multitap... I think my journey to run 10p Bomberman at my house might finally come to fruition!

Jimrpg

Most games top out at 4 players, not only because of Xinput, but because its just difficult to accomodate that number of players sharing the one screen. Take Smash Wii U for example, not all the stages allow for 8 players and the screen can be zoomed quite far out.

Perhaps sports games like NBA 2k allow for more than 4 players, I know the PS3/4 version allows for 7 players?

jotun?

Our list
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Knight Squad
  • Jackbox Party Pack (1 and 2)
  • Overcooked
  • Speedrunners
  • Towerfall
  • Hidden in Plain Sight
  • Move or Die
  • Crawl
  • Lethal League
  • Gang Beasts

Stopdoor

Our list
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Knight Squad
  • Jackbox Party Pack (1 and 2)
  • Overcooked
  • Speedrunners
  • Towerfall
  • Hidden in Plain Sight
  • Move or Die
  • Crawl
  • Lethal League
  • Gang Beasts

Good recommendations and all, but the topic is mostly looking for 5 player and more games.

Top Bottom