• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming in 2006

ChrisReid

The lack of science fiction games in general bugs me. Most of the space based games are Star Wars themed or 4x strategy, which I like, but I really freakin miss the constant flow of sci fi adventure/sim/space combat games that were everywhere ten years ago.

TheDuce22

Banned
Whats with the massive ammount of typos? They are all this bad.

Tabula Rasa
new MMOFPS by RichardGarriot(a guy who basicaly created the whole videogame RPG genre, he made first videogame RPG, first FPP RPG, first good story in RPG, every ultima revolutionized the genre, UltimaIV is basicaly a source for all jRPGs(as DQ just copied it) and he made the MMORPG genre what it is today, ultimaonline wasn;t the first MMORPG, but it is to MMORPGs what Doom was to FPS)

Edit: Didnt realize it was a post on a message board. That must have taken forever.

Solo

conker said:
Please read what I said

PC gaming IS dying.
Graphics are good, but they won't mean shit in the next two years next to the PS3.
And graphics do NOT make a good game.\

Which is what I said earlier.
Graphics are good, but in the next two years, the PS3 will have the advantage.

Ummm yeah, Im gonna have to go ahead and get you to remove your hat from your ass.

So, let me get this straight. In the same post, you state that:
- PC gaming is dying
- PC gaming is dying because graphics do not make a good game
- PS3 will have better graphics for the next 2 years
- PS3 will be better because it will have better graphics

So apparently, by some rift in the time space continuim, good graphics do not make a PC game good, yet, good graphics make the PS3 games hot sex on a plate.

You sir, are a fucking idiot. Or Sonybot. Or both.

Borys

Banned
Solo said:
Ummm yeah, Im gonna have to go ahead and get you to remove your hat from your ass.

So, let me get this straight. In the same post, you state that:
- PC gaming is dying
- PC gaming is dying because graphics do not make a good game
- PS3 will have better graphics for the next 2 years
- PS3 will be better because it will have better graphics

So apparently, by some rift in the time space continuim, good graphics do not make a PC game good, yet, good graphics make the PS3 games hot sex on a plate.

You sir, are a fucking idiot. Or Sonybot. Or both.

While that guy (conker) is just one massive idiot he has a point - PC will lost the resolution advantage. 1920x1080 is a really fucking high resolution, higher than top of the PC line 1600x1200 res (which I love BTW). I can't quite imagine what kind of a monster PC one would have to have to play new games - say SC4, Quake Wars etc. in 1920x1080.

Guess I'll have to stick with 1600x1200 on the PC side and 1920x1080 on the PS3 side. Kinda makes the PC whore in me sad... but oh well.

EDIT: Goddamn that list is MASSIVE. Quite a few filler (meh) titles, though.

thorns

Banned
Borys said:
While that guy (conker) is just one massive idiot he has a point - PC will lost the resolution advantage. 1920x1080 is a really fucking high resolution, higher than top of the PC line 1600x1200 res (which I love BTW). I can't quite imagine what kind of a monster PC one would have to have to play new games - say SC4, Quake Wars etc. in 1920x1080.

Guess I'll have to stick with 1600x1200 on the PC side and 1920x1080 on the PS3 side. Kinda makes the PC whore in me sad... but oh well.

except most of the PS3 titles won't be 1920x1080 :)

blackadde

Borys said:

lots of people game @ 1920 x 1200 on dell 2405's. gtx or bust!

all i want is more multimonitor support.

speedpop said:
Course the Square fan would state so.

I am not a Square fan, the last Square game I bought and liked was FFX, back in 2002 or 2003.

siege said:
I find that very hard to believe unless you don't own a computer capable of playing them.

I have a medium-range pc.

ram

belgurdo said:
Why do PC devs make so many war and medieval fantasy games?

yeah - its my biggest concern too. many games look like the same. sure, there are siome really outstanding games in that list, but most of them, have boring character design and boring settings. innovative games (in terms of gameplay and art) are missing for the most genres.

mxz

As a veteran PC gamer I am quite thrilled to see that a few new point-and-click adventures from long-ago LucasArts devs are coming as well as a sequel to System Shock, Operation Flashpoint 2, a space sim (OMFG) and a few interesting new strategy titles are all in the works.

Also, Mafia's developers are making 2 new FPS games, which look promising.

PC gaming, imho, is slowly going to an end, but it certainly won't be 2006 when it ends. Though you will probably have to invest more than a thousand into your PC if you want to play these babies like civilized people do, which sucks.

Draft

Borys said:

say what? Dell 2405 does 1920x1200. And you can get one for ~$500 with the right coupons. Don't think there's any 1080p TVs floating around out there in the $500 price range.

Borys

Banned
Draft said:
say what? Dell 2405 does 1920x1200. And you can get one for ~$500 with the right coupons. Don't think there's any 1080p TVs floating around out there in the $500 price range.

Oh, that's not the problem Draft - the performance is. 1920 res kills the fillrate :(

Top Bottom