• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming Show Thread | Intermission coming up soon [stop posting fake Valve site]

AMD Presents The PC Gaming Show Powered by PC Gamer with Day[9]

Results are only viewable after voting.

lednerg

Day9 just pulled off a 2.5 hour long live talk show with 29 guests like a seasoned pro, remaining likeable the entire time. He's a goddamn champion, a hero of E3. Bravo, sir.

Blizzard

Banned
No, it really, really wasn't.

Well, depends if you think all conferences are great. Sure, in some grand scale the Nintendo conference was great, too, as was the Oculus conference. But to most people, this was a huge fucking waste of our time.

If I had KNOWN what this would be, I absolutely would not have watched. But how can I know without watching?
I disagree, and thought the host did a great job. There wasn't a lot of new information, but it was a smoothly presented, at times interesting show.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Valve's no involvement could easily be derived from the fact that they didn't even sponsor the event.

Tenebrous

We got some good reveals, and the Day9 was great. Cut out the AMD bollocks and it would've been a much better show, but hey, I'm happy overall.

Faustek

So I guess if PC and PS4 simulatneous release I guess that might indicate XB1 version ?

Honestly? I wouldn't count on it in the first 6 months. But after that? No clue.

EDIT:

Anyway, it was entertaining :) So this is me, going to bed for 2 hours before I need to go up....hah, who the fuck am I kidding? I can sleep for as long as I want today but I prefer not to :)

Opiate

3 hours for that? lol

Two and a half hours, actually. That's 150 minutes.

So far, there are 29 guests. On average, that is ~5 minutes per guest/presentation.

I mean, I don't know how much faster you expect them to go. Really the only way to cut the time would be to show less things, and they're already doing a disservice to PC gaming by "only" showing 25ish games.

colafizz

Neo Member
Hope they keep this host next year - Never heard of him before tonight and hes left a great imrpession.

Enjoyable conference, but then I am one who enjoys alot of talking.. Can see how those who just came for shouty loud bang bang trailers wouldn't have enjoyed this.

Been PC gaming since I was 5-6, so grateful it's getting this kinda of event now. Super happy!

Miker

The talk show format really grew on me as the night drew on. Day9 is a great host, and I'd definitely watch it again next year.

Well, if their goal was to have nobody watch next year's PC Gaming Show, I think they pretty much hit their goal right in the bullseye there. What an amazing waste of time.

kd-z

This was fun! No megatons dropped or anything, but that's to be expected - every publisher that has PC-exclusive or PC-centric games big enough to warrant that status would rather announce a HL3/WarCraft IV or something like that on their own terms.

ACH1LL3US

Before this show came on they were playing awesome music for about an hour, anyone know who and where I can get that music??!

Top Bottom