• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Shoot'em Ups / Shmups / STGs Release Archive

PantsuJo

Someone has played Z Exemplar?

ss_0cd2b0213aff0a68e55493b18556b4ee0fcf72ae.600x338.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/434750/

Fucking cool, like a Spectrum ZX shooter :D

PantsuJo

Cloudphobia is on Steam!, here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/329340/

It seems incredible to me because I waited for years the game; it was blocked on Greenlight for unknow reasons so few years ago I bought on Desura as a DRM-free release.

Well, we all know the sad end of Desura so I jealously stored my backups because the only other way of buying it was via Yahoo Japan (boxed).

Fucking finally is arrived on Steam: good ending.

I reccomend it, especially at this price (6.99$/€) because it's a nice shooter, imo.

P9DDEjC.jpg

HBx9RSr.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I regret not backing this.

Battle Garegga comes out on the Japanese PSN store thus week. Get those funds ready!

I've kinda lost interest in buying Battle Garegga PS4. Am I really petty enough to demand a disc? Yeah, kinda. It's not like I haven't paid my dues as far as shmup and M2 fandom goes.

Cloudphobia is on Steam!, here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/329340/

It seems incredible to me because I waited for years the game; it was blocked on Greenlight for unknow reasons so few years ago I bought on Desura as a DRM-free release.

Well, we all know the sad end of Desura so I jealously stored my backups because the only other way of buying it was via Yahoo Japan (boxed).

Fucking finally is arrived on Steam: good ending.

I reccomend it, especially at this price (6.99$/€) because it's a nice shooter, imo.

Looks like Astebreed

Looks like they're having some problems with the DBCS DLC on PSN, and we might have to wait until Tuesday for it. I'm bummed since I have it on both consoles and was excited to play it today.

I wish they'd fix the controller mapping and replay issues on Dodonpachi Resurrection. I tried to get around it with the Big Picture Mode DS4 support and my Hori Real Arcade Pro 4, but the remapping only worked in the menu once, and had no effect at all in the game. Has anyone else had a good experience with the new Steam remapping feature and that game?

Danny Dudekisser

Question: What's the best version of Dariusburst CS? Been meaning to check that game out, but I dunno if it's preferable on the PC or the PS4. I've got a VLX Kuro that I can use for either, so controller differences are irrelevant to me.

ChryZ

Question: What's the best version of Dariusburst CS? Been meaning to check that game out, but I dunno if it's preferable on the PC or the PS4. I've got a VLX Kuro that I can use for either, so controller differences are irrelevant to me.
The PC release is more flexible in terms how things are displayed: multi screen, forced SGSSAA via the driver for impeccable picture quality, 4K, the whole nine.

HF2014

Where can we get Armed Dragoon? It look freakin sick! It doesnt seem to be on steam. Is it release yet?

ChryZ

Where can we get Armed Dragoon? It look freakin sick! It doesnt seem to be on steam. Is it release yet?
C91 is 2016/12/29, maybe a new trailer or trial. It wasn't released yet, dev blog looks active though, last updated 12/12.

Momentary

Banned

They are all good versions, but the PC on tends to get updates quicker than by only a few days. Also, I've bee playing it at 5K on both my laptop and desktop. It really looks crisp on 4K TVs and PC monitors with downsampling.

I don't know if scoreboards are cross platform. I don't think they are. There could be more players to compete with on the console side.

Dinjoralo

The DariusBurst DLC is pretty rad. I like Windia especially, though the DDP and Ketsui ships don't feel that special here. :/ I'd guess you can't translate the level design and whatnot that easily.

shaowebb

I got the Cave DLC for Darius but I haven't played because I was actually sorta playing Lords of Thunder with a modded stick on Wii. Just something about how metal that game is.

Momentary

Banned
The DariusBurst DLC is pretty rad. I like Windia especially, though the DDP and Ketsui ships don't feel that special here. :/ I'd guess you can't translate the level design and whatnot that easily.

Yeah. I kind of agree with you. I do enjoy them though. Powering up the Type-A and blasting hordes of enemies and have stars just pour out seems so satisfying. It's also fun trying to remember the right times to activate burst.

I'll say my least favorite out of the bunch seems to be Ketsui DLC. The ship just doesn't feel that fun to score with... Unless I'm missing out on how to properly utilize it.

I have both the Vita and PS4 versions, but the game has still has a high base price (and no physical version to get external site discounts from) so that's only advised when it's discounted. I play the Vita version a lot away from home, and the only real downside is how awful the AC mode is due to the scrunched screen. The PS4 version doesn't have dual monitor options, but is fine otherwise.

How is Windia in the Cave DLC? It's the only ship I haven't bought yet since I'm not a fan of DeathSmiles. I enjoy playing as the DeltaSword the most, but the Ketsui ship feels a bit weaker than it should be. What's worse is that it has no sound effect for taking damage, which can lead to a lot of unexpected trouble.

Dinjoralo

Keep in mind, the vita version also has no multiplayer. Kind of an important point to note, if you want co-op.
How is Windia in the Cave DLC? It's the only ship I haven't bought yet since I'm not a fan of DeathSmiles. I enjoy playing as the DeltaSword the most, but the Ketsui ship feels a bit weaker than it should be. What's worse is that it has no sound effect for taking damage, which can lead to a lot of unexpected trouble.

She pretty much plays like a Deathsmiles character. Two buttons for shooting left and right, collecting items from enemies based on which shot you kill them with, going into power up mode to raise your plus value, etc. There are a few concessions (like I don't think your plus value has any kind of cap) but it plays a LOT like Deathsmiles, down to the nitty gritty details.

Momentary

Banned
Rym 9000 looks fantastic. I'll get things updated later tonight. Most of these are already posted

Seems I'm missing about 3 of these.

The PC release is more flexible in terms how things are displayed: multi screen, forced SGSSAA via the driver for impeccable picture quality, 4K, the whole nine.

I always get stuck with a black screen when I exit out of this game while in Big Picture mode. Anyone else?

Momentary

Banned

How do I go about implementing this?

I always get stuck with a black screen when I exit out of this game while in Big Picture mode. Anyone else?

I usually only have this issue when I've tried fooling around with screenshots and trying to use shadow play during the game. Some times it happens when I alt+tab or just exit the game. I don't know if it's an issue with my desktop being set to native resolution while the game is downsampled or what.

Momentary

Banned
Can't seem to get it to work. But I'm using DSR at 5K right now so the ships are pretty crisp as it is. I just was hoping that I could get some kind of 8K Clarity out of them.

I've got it currently looking like this.

31504275400_ffa920cb3f_o.png

I'm happy with this. Was hopping to get some kind of 8K or 12K clarity

Update: I actually was able to use a program called Custom Resolution Utility into tricking NVIDIA Control Panel into thinking my native resolution was 3840x2160 and was able to get a DSR resolution of 7680x4320. Here's the result:

31040185684_a562af457b_o.png

petran79

Banned
Strania and Raiden IV do not support Steam offline mode.

I prefer to play those games on my laptop in a few days, so got a backup copy for offline.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

I prefer to play those games on my laptop in a few days, so got a backup copy for offline.

Wow thanks for the heads up, was about to double dip on Strania (RIII and RIV don't work on my laptop, had to refund)

Danny Dudekisser

Raiden IV is kind of a shitty port, anyway... at least, as far as I recall. I bought it, played it once, and that was kind of enough. No offline mode is just an extra shitty bonus, I guess.

Momentary

Banned
My top 10 choices for STGs released on PC in 2016 are:
(in alphabetical order)

Battle Crust
Blue Revolver
Deathsmiles
DoDonPachi
Mecha Ritz
RefRain
Sora
Trizeal
Trouble Witches
Valkyrius Prime

The DARIUSBURST DLC was fun.

Also games with heavy elements from the genre that I enjoyed.
FURI
RIVE

If I had to pick one winner it would be BLUE REVOLVER. Great scoring mechanics, tight controls, amazing music, great art direction, awesome replayability, and you can really feel the heart that they poured into this game. RefRain and Mecha Ritz are right behind it.

My most anticipated games for next year: Danmaku Unlimited 3, Caladrius Blaze, FinalBoss(???), 8ing DLC for DBCS

Momentary

Banned
Caladrius Blaze launches on Steam January 12th for any Shmup fans.

Yep... Took over a year, but finally.

Another one: Caladrius Blaze, which hasn't been officially announced but is definitely coming to PC early next year (and PS4 late this year).

Yeah... you're right. Caladrius Blaze is listed as a PC release on their website. You can also see it labeled on PS4 releases too. Damn, you'd figure this would have made the news in the SHMUP forums.

칼라드리우스 블레이즈 has PC next to it with TBA as a release date. It's going on the list.

004_zpsh7lrdlvy.jpg

Top Bottom